- Boasting a superb location in a highly desirable and popular residential area within easy commute of Dublin City Centre with access to local bus routes, luas at either Windy Arbour or Dundrum. Dundrum, Nutgrove and Rathfarnham Shopping Centres are within 3km.
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- A fine family home offering extensive accommodation throughout extending to approximately 3924sq ft (365 sqm)
- Solar Panel for hot water
- South Facing extensive lawned rear garden extending to approximately 150ft in length planted with mature shrubs, herb and vegetable garden with views across The Castle Golf Club
Approached to the front by a large sweeping driveway with dual entrance offering a low maintenance Ballylusk pebbled driveway bordered by Indian sandstone paving with mature shrubbery offering a high degree of privacy and ample off street carparking. Internally this extremely spacious and well proportioned family home offers extensive light infused accommodation. Upon entering you are greeted with a most welcoming and inviting entrance hall with cloakroom off and understairs storage. The drawing room offers a large picture window and open fireplace, leads into a sunroom / family room with wraparound Rationale windows and patio doors that lead out to a decked terrace overlooking the magnificent south facing rear garden. Double doors with feature stained glass open through to the spacious open plan fully fitted kitchen, dining, living area with doors to utility/boot room and patio doors out to a paved barbeque area. Further living space is accessed from the hallway and is currently laid out as a self contained annex with own door entrance to the front. Offering entrance hall, wet room, spacious bright living room with wrap around windows and a fully fitted kitchen area with bedroom all laid out on the ground floor. Whilst very much part of the home this offers superb potential for many uses and could easily be accommodated back into the existing family home, be used as an office suite or separate living accommodation should the new owners wish to do so. Upstairs on the first floor there are five fine family bedrooms many with access to a balcony area perfectly positioned to take full advantage of the views beyond, master en-suite and a family bathroom. A further staircase leads to another floor with dormer windows and access to eaves storage currently in use as bedrooms. This deceptively spacious residence benefits from a magnificent 150ft lawned rear garden which enjoys a southerly aspect with views to the Castle Golf Club and the mountains. The Indian sandstone paved patio area is perfectly positioned outside the kitchen and with piped bbq area is ideal for al fresco dining. A love of gardening is evident to see with a herb garden planted outside the kitchen door. The side passage is roofed and sheltered ideal for bike and bin storage. A block built garden room provides additional storage.
Hillside Drive is located approximately 7km south of Dublin City Centre. An area that is serviced with fantastic local amenities to include local bus routes servicing Dublin City Centre, the luas stops at Windy Arbour or Dundrum. Access is local to the M50 ensuring ease of access to the national roads network. This well established and largely residential area is deservedly popular with families and offers an excellent range of both primary and secondary schools to include Rathfarnham Educate Together, The Good Shepherd, whilst choices of secondary schools include De La Salle, Loreto Beaufort, The High School, Wesley College, Alexandra College, Mount Anville to mention a few. For the sporting enthusiast there is an abundance of local sporting clubs including golf at The Castle Golf Club, gym and pool facilities are available at DLR Meadowbrook Leisure Centre, local running clubs include Rathfarnham Athletics Club. GAA for all ages is available at St. Judes, Ballinteer St John’s, local soccer at Terenure Rangers FC and for the rugby fan St Marys Rugby Club and Terenure College Rugby Club. This superb suburb offers access to several parks at Rathfarnham Castle Park, Dodder Park and Marley Park, St Enda’s and Bushy Park which offer children’s playgrounds, parklands for a run around and dog walking.
- Porch (1m x 1m)
- with terrazzo floor
- with w.c., wash hand basin, heated towel rail, part tiled walls, tiled floor.
- Hallway (4.9m x 3.8m)
- Understairs store
- Study (3.2m x 3.7m)
- with enclosed fireplace
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (7.9m x 6.2m)
- with two pairs of doors to the patio & rear garden, wall & floor presses, polished granite work surface & splashback, Britannia extractor fan, tiled floor to kitchen area. Pair of sliding doors to the sitting room, door to the garden room. Double fronted raised fireplace which goes from office through to the breakfast room.
- Utility Room (2.9m x 4.2m)
- with gas fired central heating boiler, wall & floor presses, tiled floor, stainless steel sink unit, hot water cylinder, door to side.
- Drawing Room (6.8m x 4.2m)
- with fireplace with marble hearth & surround. Accessed from kitchen/breakfast room by pair of sliding doors with stained glass panels.
- Garden Room (4.9m x 5.6m)
- with maple floor, door & pair of doors to rear garden leading out to decked terrace.
- Annex area
- with own hall door & hallway
- Hallway (1.3m x 6.1m)
- Bedroom 1 (3.4m x 3.6m)
- with window to front
- Wetroom (2.6m x 2m)
- with shower, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail.
- Kitchen (3.1m x 3.2m)
- with wall & floor presses, oven, hob, extractor fan, one and half bowl sink unit, built in dishwasher, marmolium floor
- Sitting Room (5.9m x 6.8m)
- with timber mantle piece, gas fire.
- Utility Area
- off hallway, with gas fired boiler, hot water tank, plumbed for washing machine.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bedroom 1 (4.8m x 3.5m)
- with two windows overlooking front.
- Bedroom 2 (3.9m x 4.2m)
- with views over the garden & castle golf club, door out to balcony.
- Bedroom 3 (3.9m x 2.7m)
- with views over the garden & golf club
- Master Bedroom (4.7m x 4.1m)
- with door out onto balcony, views over garden & golf club, built in wardrobe, with door to
- Ensuite Bathroom
- with freestanding bath, pedestal wash hand basin, corner shower, w.c., heated towel rail, tiled floor, part tiled walls and under floor heating.
- Shower Room
- with pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail, corner shower, tiled floor, part tiled walls, airing cupboard and under floor heating.
- attic rooms with pine sheeted ceilings, eaves storage, dormer windows.
- Room 1 (3.6m x 4.6m)
- with dorrmer window
- Room 2 (3m x 3.5m)
- with dormer window
Approached to the front by a sweeping pebble driveway bordered by mature trees and planting offering a high degree of privacy with plenty of off street carparking. The gated pedestrian access is covered providing direct access to the rear garden. The superb south facing rear garden which is not overlooked is lawned, extends to approximately 150ft, planted with an array of herb, vegetable plots and mature shrubs. Backing onto the fairways of the Castle Golf Club offering a huge degree of privacy.
BER No. 113073993
Energy Performance Indicator: 159.78 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.