- Excellent, private location
- Waterside setting
- Site size c 0.5acres
- Detached boathouse
- Fully alarmed
- Gas Central Heating
This stunning property is located approximately 15 minutes’ drive from the city centre, 7 minutes’ drive from Douglas and is within walking distance of Hop Island Equestrian Centre. There is an on ramp to the South Link Road network 3 minutes away and a walking / cycling path that stretches as far as Monkstown begins practically outside the door making this a super location for a growing family.
Built in 2001, Whimbrel offers extensive living space and was designed with thought and care to maximise the light and views available. While the properties new owners will certainly look to redecorate to their own tastes, Whimbrel is finished to a high standard with unique features to be found throughout the property. A bespoke hand turned staircase offers a super first impression as one walks through the front door and a hand built church style window is a beautiful focal point to the living room and provides for stunning views. Internal doors have bevelled glass allowing light to shine throughout the ground floor. The property is wrapped in French slate at the first floor level to finish off a home of true quality.
Ground floor accommodation extends to entrance hallway, sitting room, guest w.c that is arranged in a ‘Jack and Jill’ layout to provide an ensuite for bedroom 1, kitchen / dining room, living room and utility all at ground floor level. To the first floor, the property boasts a large landing, which provides access to 4 further bedrooms, two of which are ensuite, a large hot press / walk in wardrobe and family bathroom. The attic is accessed from the landing and is floored offering extensive storage.
The detached boathouse offers a large store / workshop at ground floor level which is wired and plumbed and a toilet with shower while to the first floor, an open plan studio apartment with kitchen and balcony enjoys super views across the harbour. This space would be ideal as au pair quarters or as extra living space for occasional guests.
Sub division of the property to provide for two separate dwellings may be possible should the new owners wish to explore that option.
Whimbrel is accessed via a tree lined driveway and is surrounded on two sides with lawn running down to the waters edge. A patio off the kitchen / dining room provides a super entertaining space or indeed a spot in which to simply enjoy some peaceful contemplation.
Viewing is strictly by appointment and highly advised to appreciate the size, quality and views on offer.
- Reception Hall (6.6m x 4.3m)
- With a feature half door, the entrance hall is welcoming. A hand turned staircase with feature window overlooking the estuary provides a super first impression and extensive under stairs cupboards provide lots of storage.
- Kitchen/Dining (7.2m x 6.3m)
- Bright and airy this triple aspect room offers direct access to the patio via double doors. The kitchen has built in units at floor and eye level and integrated double oven & hob. A large bay window overlooks the garden and is a super suntrap. Tiled flooring.
- Utility Room (2.8 x 2.9m)
- A fine sized utility with extensive fitted units at floor and eye level and countertop. Plumbed for washing machine and dryer. A door provides access to the front.
- Living Room (7.7m x 3.8m)
- Another large and bright room, the living room can be accessed via the kitchen / dining room or through double doors with bevelled glass from the entrance hallway. A corner window provides lots of light and water views and a stove and carpet ensure this is a cosy room.
- Sitting Room (8.1m x 5.2m)
- Situated off the entrance hall through double doors with bevelled glass, the sitting room has an impressive, hand made church style window which looks out over the estuary. This is a great family room that boasts a stove at its heart. A large bay window provides further light and garden views. Carpet.
- W.C (2.4m x 2.4m)
- Fully and tastefully tiled with three piece suite including shower enclosure with mixer shower. A ‘Jack & Jill’ wc, it also acts as an ensuite for the adjoining bedroom.
- Bedroom 1 (5.0m x 4.6m)
- A large, duel aspect ground floor ensuite bedroom with carpet.
- First Floor
- Stairs & Landing (6.9m x 3.8m)
- Spacious with carpet.
- Bedroom 2 (4.2m x 4.8m)
- A spacious bedroom located to the front of the house with dual aspect windows. This bedroom has an ensuite off and carpet.
- En-suite (2.2m x 1.2m)
- Tiled from floor to dado level with 3 piece suite to include shower enclosure with mixer shower.
- Family Bathroom (4.0m x 4.0m)
- Tiled from floor to dado level. 3 piece suite to include Jacuzzi bath with showe
- Hot Press/Walk in Robe (4.4m x 1.7m)
- Fully shelved with hanging space and carpet.
- Master Bedroom (6.3m x 5.4m)
- An exceptionally spacious dual aspect bedroom at the back of the house with water views and carpet.
- En-suite (2.4m x 2.6m)
- Tiled from floor to dado level with 3 piece suite including shower enclosure with mixer shower.
- Bedroom 3 (5.0m x 4.6m)
- Another large, duel aspect rear bedroom with water views and carpet.
- Bedroom 4 (5.2m x 3.4m)
- A final generous rear bedroom that could also be used as an office. Carpet.
- Extending to approximately 110 SqM (1184 Sq Ft) over two floors with a self-contained studio apartment to first floor the boathouse offers a range of potential uses from a workshop / studio to garage for storage. The apartment above is ideal for an au pair or guest quarters. Individually alarmed.
- Ground Floor Garage Space (6.0m x 9.6m)
- Insulated concrete floor, wired and heated by gas.
- Entrance Hallway (5.0m x 0.9m)
- W.C / Shower Room (2.3m x 1.4m)
- Fully tiled with 3 piece suite to include corner entry shower with electric shower over.
- Stairs & Landing (2.7m x 2.5m)
- A timber stairs with under stairs storage rises to the first floor studio apartment.
- Kitchen/Dining/Living Room (8.6m x 3.8m)
- The living space has timber flooring throughout. The kitchen portion has built in units at floor level, countertop with sink, extractor and is plumbed for washing machine / dryer. The living space has 3 velux windows with both sloped and vertical panes allowing beautiful water views and access to the balcony.
- Bedroom (3.5m x 3.3m)
- Timber flooring is carried through and the bedroom is separated from the living space with a built in wardrobe and vanity unit. Plantation shutters complete this room.
Whimbrel sits perfectly on a beautiful mature site of approximately 0.5 acres with water frontage. The property is accessed off the Rochestown Road via a tree lined driveway and sits on extensive manicured lawns. The driveway has lighting which also allows for electric gates to be installed should the new owners wish. The property has a large enclosed storage area suitable for a number of uses. The property has bio cycle unit and mains water.
BER No. 111219200
Energy Performance Indicator: 187.52 (kWh/m2/yr)
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.