- Extensively and sympathetically refurbished in 2012
- Extensive off street car parking approached from driveway with electrically operated gates
- Floor area of approximately 326sq.m (3,500sq.ft)
- Magnificently maintained gardens and grounds extending to approximately 0.26 ha (0.65 acre)
- Coach house to the rear with added potential to refurbish as additional accommodation
- Fully alarmed and monitored with CCTV system
- Gas fired central heating
As a wonderful extra addition, the original coach house of approx 90 sqm (968 sq ft) located to the rear of the gardens with separate vehicular access offers the potential for further accommodation.
Purchased by the current owners in 2012 who set about on a refurbishment programme sympathetic to the original features of this magnificent home, they have created a period property of approx. 326 sq m (3,500 sq ft) which truly serves as a comfortable home and is in walk in condition for the next owner. There is also the additional benefit of off-street parking for two or three cars via electric gates.
This Victorian home circa 1864 overlooks Vesey Park and Willow Bank, a well-established quiet road of only four large period homes overlooking the park.
Attractive granite steps lead to the hall door which opens to an inviting hall and inner hall. At this level there is a magnificent drawing room with two windows to the front, original fireplace and gold leaf wall covering. The dining room to the rear enjoys extensive views over the garden to the rear and at this level there is also the kitchen.
At garden level there is a gym which would easily convert to a kitchen, the current owners during the refurbishment installed plumbing in the event of converting this room in the future. There is also a utility, shower room and bedrooms four and five at this level with separate access to the front.
The first floor is truly magnificent with the main bedroom, positioned to the front with two large windows with views over the park. Two further bedrooms, both double rooms, a large bathroom and separate guest wc complete the accommodation at this level.
Within only a short walk to the seafront, Monkstown with it’s wide selection of shops & restaurants and Dart, is an enviable location which is much sought after.
- Entrance Hall (2.75m x 3.38m)
- gracious granite steps with external tiling lead to the entrance hall with window overlooking garden and arch to
- Inner Hall (2.1m x 4.4m)
- with ceiling cornice and period feature over doors
- Drawing Room (7.15m x 4.48m)
- with ornate centre piece, gold leaf cornicing, marble fireplace with marble hearth, gold leaf wall covering and two windows overlooking the front
- Dining Room (4.9m x 6.44m)
- with ceiling centre rose, gold leaf coving, timber carved fireplace with marble hearth and gas coal effect fire and window overlooking rear garden
- Kitchen (2.95m x 4.23m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards, presses and solid timber work surface, Belfast sink unit, Whirlpool fitted dishwasher, Leisure stove with seven gas rings, hot plate and extractor over, feature tiling and window overlooking the garden
- Garden Level
- with separate entrance
- Hall (2.05m x 9.95m)
- with cloaks cupboard and understairs storage together with understairs Comms cupboard
- Gym (4.5m x 6.25m)
- with hardwood floor, down lighting and was originally intended as kitchen and could easily be converted to such
- Lobby (1.55m x 4.65m)
- with door to rear garden
- Utility Room (2.95m x 4.2m)
- with tiled floor, window to garden, Belfast sink unit and plumbed for washing machine with cupboard storage
- Bedroom 4 (4.55m x 4.3m)
- with window to front
- Bedroom 5 (2.95m x 3.4m)
- with fitted wardrobe and window overlooking garden
- Shower Room (2.75m x 2m)
- with w.c., wash hand basin, heated towel rail and step in shower, tiled floor and walls
- First Floor
- with attractive feature window overlooking garden
- Bedroom 1 (7.1m x 4.45m)
- with attractive ceiling centre rose, ceiling coving and two windows overlooking front garden
- Dressing Room
- with extensive cupboard storage and potential to convert to en-suite
- Bedroom 2 (4.8m x 4.45m)
- with ceiling coving, fireplace with gas coal effect fire and large window overlooking rear with a sea glimpse
- Bedroom 3 (2.8m x 4.75m)
- with dual aspect window to front and side, cast iron fireplace and ceiling coving
- Family Bathroom (2.95m x 4.25m)
- with hardwood floor, cast iron fireplace, attractive tiling, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail, w.c., step in shower, roll top bath with claw and telephone shower and window overlooking garden
- Guest W.C. (2.1m x 1.2m)
- with tiled floor, w.c., wash hand basin and window to rear
- Coach House (9.53m x 5.3m)
- Two storey coach house with two separate garage areas at ground floor level and loft accommodation. Outstanding further potential.
To the front there is an electronic pedestrian gate with paved path to granite steps. Gravel garden area to front with extreme privacy. Granite steps from upper garden to garden area laid out in lawn with mature shrubs and trees. Outside garden storeroom with gas fired boiler, separate store with sink unit and external wc. Sliding electrically operated gate to gravelled driveway with car parking for numerous cars. The gardens are an outstanding feature of this home and the entire area including the house extends to approx. 0.26 ha (0.65 acre) with level lawn with box hedging, attractive original granite walls, original revolving 360 degree sun house that is manually turned towards the sun. The garden also has gravelled paths and extensive planting to the rear with fruit trees including olive, apples, pears and figs. COACH HOUSE: 9.53m x 5.3m (31'3" x 17'5") Two storey coach house with two separate garage areas at ground floor level and loft accommodation with outstanding further potential.
Address: 51 Mount Merrion Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A96W6K7
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.