- Discreet secluded cul-de-sac location yet highly convenient being in the heart of Rathgar Village.
- Gas fired central heating with underfloor heating at the ground level.
- Fitted carpets, window blinds and integrated kitchen appliances included in the sale.
- Rear pedestrian access onto a private lane offering additional parking.
- South facing rear courtyard garden of 7m x 3m (23ft x 10ft) and 3.5m x 2.8m (11ft x 9ft).
- Potential for home office or granny flat to rear.
- Floor area of approximately 180 sq.m. (1,938 sq.ft.).
Number 14 Wesley Road which was constructed in c. 1913 and has the benefit of occupying the largest south facing site in this sought after cul-de-sac.
This has allowed the current owners to dramatically extend the property to an impressive 180sq.m (1,930sqft) which is significantly larger than the neighbouring properties.
The property was carefully renovated and thoughtfully extended with impeccable attention to detail under architect supervision. The remit was to fully capitalise on the important southerly aspect and as a result the house now enjoys wonderfully bright living accommodation throughout with the added benefit of an immensely private and peaceful setting to the rear.
Internally the property is a fine example of creative flair and taste in both architectural layout and interior design which is used to maximum effect to create a home of great warmth and true distinction. The property retains many features of its era including beautiful cornice work, original fireplaces and high ceilings.
Accommodation briefly comprises a most inviting entrance hall with cloakroom and storage.
There are two fine interconnecting reception rooms which lead to a glazed sunroom which seamlessly connects the original period home to the modern light filled rear extension.
This cleverly designed space incorporates a well-appointed kitchen/breakfast room which has ample storage, a useful utility room, a shower room and a bright and spacious versatile room which could be an additional living room, a bedroom or indeed a home office.
The rear extension is centred around an enclosed south facing patio ensuring maximum levels of natural light throughout the principle rooms. There are floor to ceiling windows and doors leading to each of the principle rooms surrounding the courtyard which when opened create a wonderful open- plan space ideal for entertaining or simply day to day living.
The entire ground floor benefits from under-floor gas fired central heating.
On the upper floors there are three generous double bedrooms, two on the first floor including the master bedroom which is en-suite, and a bathroom with a shower/Jacuzzi bath and under floor heating.
The third bedroom is located on the second floor and enjoys a degree of privacy from the principle residence.
The courtyard garden is well planted, enjoys day long sunshine as well as immense privacy and seclusion.
The property further benefits from pedestrian rear access onto a private lane accessed from Rathgar Avenue.
Wesley Road is justifiably a most sought after residential address being positioned in the heart of Rathgar Village with enviable conveniences available on its doorstep including regular bus routes and LUAS servicing access to the city centre and surrounding areas, not to mention the locality being spoilt for choice with a wide selection of fine restaurants, bars, shops, boutiques and local services to hand.
Some of Dublin’s most prestigious primary and secondary schools are within easy reach including The High School Rathgar, Alexandra College Milltown, Stratford College, St. Mary’s College Rathmines, Gonzaga College, Terenure and Templeogue Colleges, to mention a few. Also close by are a number of sporting facilities including Milltown and Castle Golf Clubs, the Dartry Health Club and Rathgar Tennis Club, all easily accessible in addition to the picturesque Palmerston Park which is only a short stroll.
- GROUND FLOOR LEVEL
- Entrance Hall: (7.6m x 1.7m)
- with dado rail, enclosed fuse board, recessed lighting, ceiling coving, understairs storage cupboards and
- with w.c., wash hand basin with cupboards under, tiled ceramic floor and recessed lighting.
- Dining Room: (3.7m x 4.0m)
- with ceiling coving, recessed lighting, bay window to the front. Opening through to the
- Living Room: (3.7m x 4.0m)
- with open fireplace with magnificent marble mantel and surround, tiled and cast iron inset with polished hearth and coal-effect gas fire, recessed lighting, double accordion doors to the rear garden and to the
- Conservatory: (2.9m x 4.4m)
- plumbed for washing machine and dryer, with fitted storage cupboards and double sliding doors to the rear garden and opening through to the
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (5.2m x 2.4m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards and units, polished granite work surfaces, integrated Bosch five gas ring hob with extractor fan over, sink unit, integrated Bosch microwave, integrated Bosch electric oven and integrated Bosch fridge freezer. Double doors, a large sliding door and a third door open into the rear garden. A door leads to the
- Utility Room / Kitchen 2: (2.9m x 0.4m)
- with fitted cupboards and units, work surfaces, integrated Hotpoint four ring electric hob with extractor fan over, integrated Hotpoint electric oven, plumbed for washing machine, provision for fridge. Double doors lead to the rear garden and door through to the
- Inner Lobby:
- with large storage cupboard and
- Shower Room:
- with w.c., w.h.b. with heated tap providing instant hot water, step-in Triton T90SI electric shower, heated towel rail, velux window, recessed lighting, tiled ceramic floor and electric heater.
- Sitting Room / Bedroom 1: (4.0m x 5.1m)
- with three velux windows, recessed lighting and large sliding door leading to the rear garden.
- Lobby: (2.3m x 1.1m)
- with velux window and door to the rear garden and pedestrian access to a private rear lane and a
- Large Storage Cupboard: (1.6m x 1.2m)
- HALL RETURN
- with w.c., wash hand basin with cupboards under, shelved cupboard, jacuzzi bath with power shower over, underfloor heating, tiled floor and partially tiled walls, heated towel rail and enclosed presses above head level.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- with an
- Inner Lobby:
- with hotpress and fitted shelving.
- Master Bedroom: (3.6m x 4.0m)
- with open fireplace with cast iron mantel and surround, tiled inset, ceiling coving, timber floor, bookshelves and
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- with w.c., wash hand basin, bath with Mira Elite QT shower over, timber flooring and electric heater.
- Bedroom 3: (3.8m x 4.1m)
- with open fireplace with cast iron surround and tiled inset, ceiling coving, sash window overlooking the rear garden and polished timber floorboards.
- SECOND FLOOR LEVEL
- with wash hand basin and velux window.
- Bedroom 4: (5.5m x 4.5m)
- with open cast iron fireplace, fitted wardrobes, wainscoting and vaulted timber ceiling.
The property is complemented with a cobble-lock south facing rear garden courtyard enjoying immense privacy and seclusion of approximately 7m x 3m (23ft x 10ft) and 3.5m x 2.8m (11ft x 9ft) with Barna shed, pedestrian access from the property and parking to the rear of the property on a private lane which is accessed from Rathgar Avenue.
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.