- Striking Edwardian residence offering accommodation of approximately 191 sq.m. (2,056 sq.ft.).
- A host of period features of its era including magnificent fireplaces, high ceilings, cornicing and centre rose.
- Two fine interconnecting reception rooms.
- Secluded south west facing rear garden measuring approximately 20m (65ft) with pedestrian access onto a lane to the rear, with an option to provide vehicular access subject to planning
- Superb location close to villages and local amenities of Rathgar, Rathmines and Terenure.
- Phonewatch alarm system.
- Gas fired central heating with upgraded gas boiler.
The accommodation on offer includes a welcoming reception hall with wood floor and stained glass door, ornate cornice work and centre rose. There are two gracious reception rooms accessed from the hall namely the drawing room and the dining room. An arch leads through to an inner tiled hall off which there is a guest w.c, hotpress and storage cupboard. The breakfast room has a feature block fireplace and double doors lead into the kitchen / dining area with direct access out to the tiled patio and planted rear garden. On the hall floor return there is a spacious bedroom with original cast iron fireplace, and bathroom. On the first floor there are a further two impressive bedrooms with original fireplaces, one of which spans the front of the property with feature large bay window. A further return provides a fourth bedroom and shower room.
Outside to the front there is a landscaped garden surrounded by cast iron railings. To the rear the south west facing garden measures approximately 20m (65ft) in length, with a paved patio area perfect for catching the evening sun. At the end of the garden pedestrian access to a lane to the rear, with the option of rear vehicular access if required (subject to planning permission).
This very fine and exceptionally family home is superbly located close to Rathgar and Rathmines Villages and a short walk to Terenure Village. A largely residential area that has proven very popular with a wide variety of buyers. Located approximately 3.5km from Dublin city centre, Rathgar village is the focal point of the area and is serviced with an excellent selection of local shops to include The Organic Supermarket and Supervalu along with a superb offering of delis and boutique eateries. For school going children a choice of junior schools include Rathgar Junior School, Rathgar National School, Zion Parish School and Kildare Place School, for senior options include The High School, Stratford College, St Marys College, Terenure College and Alexandra College all of which are available locally. Local parks nearby include Palmerstown Park and the Dodder Linear Park all excellent options for walks or running. Tennis is available in Rathgar Tennis Club, Brookfield and Ashbrook Tennis Club, hockey at Rathgar Hockey Club, Our Ladys Hockey Club and Old Alex, whilst rugby clubs include St Marys and Terenure College. Golf is catered for in the surrounding clubs of Milltown Golf Club, The Grange and Castle Golf Club. For commuters the local bus routes include some of the most frequent in the city to include 14, 14C, 15, 15A, 15B, 65, 65B and 140. While two Luas stops are available locally include Cowper and Beechwood.
This is a very special family home and viewing comes highly recommended.
- Reception Hall: (1.6m x 9.5m)
- with polished timber floor, ornate ceiling coving, picture rail and steps down to
- Inner Hallway:
- with original tiled floor, understairs storage, hotpress, pantry and door to
- Guest W.C.: (1.2m x 1.8m)
- with w.c., pedestal w.h.b., window to side, tiled floor and walls.
- Drawing Room: (4.5m x 5.5m)
- with large bay window, original marble chimney with tiled hearth, picture rail, ceiling coving and centre rose. Folding doors opening through to
- Dining Room: (4.2m x 4.1m)
- with marble fireplace, cast iron fire tiled inset and tiled hearth, ceiling coving and centre rose. Double doors opening into the rear tiled paved patio and garden.
- Breakfast Room: (3.9m x 4.3m)
- exposed chimney breast with gas fire insert, original tiled floor and recessed down lighting. Double doors through to
- Kitchen / Dining Area: (4.0m x 3.0m)
- pitched glass roof, tiled floor. Double doors to the rear garden patio.
- Kitchen: (1.6m x 7.0m)
- galley style kitchen area, with painted wood kitchen press and floor units, plate rack, four ring Whirlpool hob with extractor over, Belfast sink unit, part tiled walls, double oven, storage pantry, additional Belfast sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, dishwasher and integrated fridge area. Pitched pine roof with two velux windows and window to side.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Bedroom 3: (3.9m x 3.6m)
- with original sash window, cast iron fireplace and tiled hearth.
- Bathroom: (1.7m x 2.6m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., bath, part timber panelled walls, polished timber floor and sash window to side.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- Master Bedroom: (6.3m x 5.3m)
- spanning the front of the house, ceiling coving, centre rose, original marble fireplace with cast iron, floral tiled inset and tiled hearth.
- Bedroom 2: (4.2m x 4.3m)
- with cast iron fire surround, tiled inset and tiled hearth, ceiling coving, centre rose and sash window overlooking the rear garden.
- SECOND FLOOR RETURN
- Bedroom 4: (3.9m x 4.4m)
- with cast iron fireplace and sash window to rear.
- Shower Room: (1.8m x 1.8m)
- with walk-in shower, Mira Elite electric shower, sash window to rear, tiled floor and walls.
The front garden is approached via a pedestrian path with landscaped garden surrounding by cast iron railings and pedestrian gate. The south west rear garden is paved and planted measuring approximately 20m (65ft) in length with outside tap and a separate boiler house. At the end of the garden a pedestrian access opens onto the lane to the rear.
BER No. 110726114
Energy Performance Indicator: 345.44 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.