- Prestigious residential address on one of the finest roads in South County Dublin
- A detached trophy Victorian period home on approximately 0.24 Ha (0.6 acre) constructed c. 1860
- Electric security gates open into a gravelled parking area for many cars
- Landscaped sunny south westerly rear garden offering immense privacy and seclusion
- Spacious generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 488sq.m (5,250sq.ft) over just two levels
- Within minutes’ walk of a regular bus service and Glenageary DART Station
- Fully fitted Siematic kitchen opening into a wonderful family/breakfast room
- Fitted carpets, curtains, cinema kitchen and utility appliances included in the sale
- Ten minutes’ walk to Glasthule, Sandycove, Dun Laoghaire and seafront
- Surrounded by excellent schools, churches and recreational and leisure facilities
- In an Architectural Conservation Area (ACA)
- Fully rewired, re-plumbed and reroofed
- Gas fired central heating
- Gated vehicular access either side of the property
- Purpose built outhouses including an outside w.c. and boiler house off the courtyard from the laundry room
Castellated electric gates open into a large gravelled driveway with its own turning circle and parking for a multitude of cars with an extensive private sunny south westerly landscaped mature garden to the rear.
The Old Vicarage, as its name suggests purported to be the vicarage to St. Paul’s Church at the foot of the road, it is a bright light filled house with many architectural features similar to St. Pauls Church including matching entrance gates.
The property is positioned within an Architectural Conservation Area (ACA) and a house of the calibre of The Old Vicarage deserves to have all of its period embellishments, features and character remain intact. On first impressions it exudes all the grandeur, eloquence and style that one would expect from such a handsome property and once entered the interior does not disappoint. The generously proportioned accommodation spread over just two levels extends to an impressive 488sq.m (5,250sq.ft).
Briefly the accommodation comprises a large entrance hall with feature fireplace, diningroom with gable end bay window and French doors opening onto wrought iron stairs that overlook the sunny south westerly rear garden. A large study and a bathroom overlook the rear garden. The entire eastern wing houses the master suite comprising a generous bedroom, a dressing room and an en suite bathroom with oversize power and steam shower. The formal interconnecting drawing and music room are positioned overlooking the front of the house.
A feature wrought iron staircase leads to the ground floor. The ground floor consists of a large reception hall with checkered tiled floor. Three generous double bedrooms to the front of the house, understairs boot/cloakroom, a side entrance hall. To the back of the house overlooking the rear garden is an cinema/entertainment room with French doors, a further double bedroom, a wetroom bathroom, a laundry room leading to an enclosed courtyard and a large Siematic kitchen that opens into a stunning family/dining room that is a wonderful addition to the property and opens into the south westerly rear garden.
The gardens of The Old Vicarage beautifully complement its generous accommodation. The front provides off street parking for many cars behind electric gates whilst the rear offers private secluded landscaped, lawned and beautifully planted gardens with a wide selection of rare and interesting plants and shrubbery with the remainder laid out in suntrap patios making it ideal for al fresco dining. The entire grounds extend to a comfortable 0.24 Ha (0.6acre).
The property has been superbly maintained and upgraded over the years having undergone fully refurbishment throughout. The house was reroofed in 2012. A really excellent family/breakfast room was added to the rear of the property which is a wonderful addition and a lovely bright light infused comfortable living space.
The Old Vicarage is positioned at the south eastern end of Silchester Road which is the premier road in Glenageary. Just five minutes’ walk away is a regular bus and DART service available at either end of the road making commuting to and from the city centre and the surrounding areas very simple. The property is very conveniently located between Dalkey and Dun Laoghaire where there is an excellent range of shops, bars, banks, libraries and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin as well as all the facilities and amenities one would expect from the delightful villages of Glasthule, Sandycove and Dalkey.
Also within easy reach are many schools and colleges, a number of shopping centres and several churches with St. Paul’s on the corner as well as many others. There is a wide selection of sporting and recreational amenities including golf clubs, Glenageary Tennis Club, the beautiful walks over Dalkey and Killiney Hills and by the seafront. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour with its two piers will be of major interest to the sailing and marine enthusiast.
- Entrance Hall (1.9m x 4.5m)
- with cloak hanging cupboard, enclosed radiator, intercom to the front gates and very fine feature stained glass window.
- with feature mural over and large skylight with ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, solid timber original floor, marble Adams fireplace with slate inset, raised gas coal effect fire and slate hearth.
- Double Drawing Room/Music Room (5m x 5.4m)
- with twin windows overlooking the front, enclosed radiators, a very fine white marble fireplace with slate inset, open fire and slate hearth, ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, picture rail and large double folding doors open through to the
- Music Room (4.6m x 6.8m)
- with ceiling coving, ornate centre rose, matching marble fireplace with gas coal effect fire set in, slate inset and hearth, picture rail, storage shelving alcove, dual aspect windows, one sliding sash looking over to the side and twin windows overlooking the front.
- Dining Room (5m x 5.8m)
- with original timber floor, picture rail, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, very fine marble period
- Study (3.4m x 4.9m)
- with ceiling coving, picture rail, marble fireplace with cast iron and slate arched inset and slate hearth, original floor boards and sliding sash window overlooking the stunning rear garden.
- Bathroom (2.8m x 2.3m)
- a Vernon Tutbury bathroom with bath with timber panel, w.c., part tiled walls, pedestal wash hand basin, step in tiled Grohe power shower with storage area over, access to the roof space, extractor and double glazed window overlooking the rear garden.
- Master Bedroom (5.5m x 4.8m)
- with solid timber floor, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, feature marble fireplace with gas coal effect fire set in with slate inset and slate hearth, picture rail, feature pattern stained glass window giving privacy, intercom to the front, fitted wall lights.
- Dressing Room (3.6m x 4.2m)
- with original floor boards, ceiling to floor range of built-in stained oak wardrobes, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, sliding sash window to the side and a picture rail.
- En Suite Bathroom (4.3m x 5.5m)
- with ceiling coving, ceiling rose, picture rail, open fireplace with painted timber Adams style surround, polished granite inset and tiled hearth, centre roll top claw foot bath, bidet, pedestal wash hand basin, his & hers with wall lights either side of the mirror, w.c., step in tiled Grohe power shower/steam room with oversized tray and auxiliary hose, twin windows overlooking the front and a window either side.
- via the solid mahogany and wrought iron staircase
- Ground Floor Side Entrance (2.3m x 1.9m)
- with Amtico coloured floor with white beading and trim, coving, ceiling rose and door to
- with Phonewatch digital security alarm unit, cloak hanging area, steps down to storage and cupboards.
- Ground Floor Reception Room (2.3m x 12.1m)
- with glazed door with glazed panels to the side, chequered coloured floor, bust alcoves, dado railing, enclosed radiator, recessed lighting and ceiling coving.
- Cinema Room (3.8m x 4.8m)
- with solid oak floor, ceiling coving, recessed lighting, projector, white board screen, surround sound, digital controls, enclosed radiator, television and telephone points, solid fuel Don-bar solid fuel burning elevated fire with a glazed front that can slide up, fitted shelving on one side and a storage press which houses the comms for the cinema room, blackout screen which slides all the way down for effect and double folding double glazed French doors open out to the rear garden.
- Bedroom 2 (3.4m x 4.7m)
- with recessed lighting, enclosed radiator, surround sound television, sliding sash window looking over the rear, shutters to the front, ceiling coving and solid wide plank oak floor.
- Shower Wet Room (2.8m x 2.3m)
- with power shower with glazed surround, w.c., urinal, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.4m x 4.7m)
- with a fitted Siematic kitchen with Karndean tiled floor, centre island unit with further storage, polished granite worktop with cylindrical bowl set into it, breakfast bar, further storage with integrated Miele dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer with stainless steel pull out larder unit with shelving to the side, integrated fruit and vegetable racks, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit with Insinkerator in the half bowl, recessed lighting over and shelving, pots and pans and utensils rack, Corian worktop, saucepan drawers, drawers, Neff integrated microwave with further storage to the side, Gaggenau stainless steel chimney effect extractor, four ring gas Gaggenau hob with a Gaggenau deep fat fryer to the side, stainless steel splashback, 2 Gaggenau ovens, intercom to the front gates, recessed lighting, air conditioning and sliding mahogany frosted glazed doors opening into the
- Faily/Dining Area (9.8m x 5.3m)
- with feature double glazed windows overlooking the stunning rear garden and grounds, feature skylight with electrically operated windows, solid oak floor, vaulted ceiling, spot lighting, air conditioning unit, television connection, feature gas stove and ceiling coving.
- Pantry (3.5m x 1.8m)
- with fitted timber storage shelving, Electrolux larder freezer, shelving and further storage.
- Laundry Room (3.3m x 3.2m)
- is plumbed with Miele tumble dryer and Miele washing machine, single drainer single bowl stainless steel sink unit, fitted mirror, further storage presses open to a shelved hot press with immersion controls and door to a storage area offering deep storage and door to the outside with granite steps down to a courtyard area.
- Bedroom 3 (4.7m x 5.8m)
- with solid timber floor, excellent range of built-in wardrobes, shelving unit, desk unit with cupboards and book shelving over, twin sliding sash windows.
- Bedroom 4 (5.3m x 5.1m)
- with solid timber floor, ceiling coving, hatch to previous room, large sliding sash window overlooking the front, a range of built-in wardrobes with cupboards under and desk unit with boxed book shelving over.
- Bedroom 5 (4m x 6.3m)
- with ceiling coving, timber beamed ceiling, large range of built-in wardrobes with built-in desk unit with drawers and cupboards under, book shelving and storage over and twin sliding sash windows looking out front and door interconnecting this room with the previous bedroom.
Electric wrought iron gates open into a gravelled driveway with centre water feature and the remainder laid out in lawn bordered by mature shrubbery, planting and trees. Gated side access to each side of the property lead to the fabulous landscaped south west facing rear garden which is a particular feature of this property with large sandstone patio area ideal for al fresco dining and entertaining, feature fish pond, beautiful plants, trees and rose beds with the remainder laid out in lawn bordered by mature trees, hedging and cut stone granite wall.
BER No. 108181694
Energy Performance Indicator: 329.49kWh/m2/yr
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01-280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com