- An architectural home of distinction designed by O'Donnell and Tuomey architects
- Unparalleled sea views over Howth Harbour, Irelands Eye and Lambay Island
- Off street parking for multiple cars
- Adaptable living accommodation and integrated balconies
- Bespoke timber (Orioko) furnishing throughout
- Private south facing rear patio and garden
- Short walk to Howth Dart station and bus stops
- Gross internal floor area approx. 280 sq. m. (3,014 sq. ft.)
Situated half way up Howth Hill, commanding spectacular views from an amazing vantage point, this RIBA award winning unique residence was designed by O’Donnell and Tuomey Architects who took inspiration from various elements of the outstanding setting. Upon initially entering this property you are greeted with truly outstanding views of Irelands Eye filling the landscape as you walk into the central living area and the hall. The various rooms crop different views from the huge panoramic outlook encompassing Dublin Bay and Howth Harbour giving every room a unique viewing experience that enhances the quality of character of The Boat House. The use of robust materials and the use of colours are central to the feel of the house, the presence of curved walls coloured with grey pigmented lime wash reference the Martello Tower on Irelands Eye and in the harbour. Internally the accommodation flows well, connecting seamlessly internally as well as with the outside world. The accommodation offers a wide variety of spaces that may be used in different ways throughout the occupant’s residency without the need for alterations.
One enters the main accommodation at the raised ground floor level. The main living room is split level with floor to ceiling windows and access to a balcony overlooking the harbour. The kitchen / dining room may be accessed from this room. The kitchen is fully stocked with floor mounted presses with a Smeg four ring gas hob and oven with integrated fridge freezer with single touch soft close cupboards. The patio area in the rear garden is accessed from here.
The rear of the property is a cosy sitting room, an ideal location to wind down to enjoy the peace and serenity of the location with large windows overlooking the rear garden and a feature sky light allowing extra sunlight through. The unique shape and design of this house allows for extraordinary sea views from almost every room with handmade design and designed furniture to suit every corner.
On the first floor of this distinctive family home there are four large bedrooms each exuding flare and charm with the common trait of ample sunlight and spacious interiors. The first floor landing has an expansive sky light which allows sunlight cascade down through into the first floor. The master bedroom is located to the front of the house and consists of a small study area, a fully equipped en suite bathroom with walk in wardrobes with bedroom proper facing out over the harbour.
The lower ground floor area may be accessed from the kitchen and has the utility room for the home and is plumbed for washing machine and dryer. The fifth bedroom with en suite bathroom is also situated at lower ground floor level which also has an own door access from the front driveway.
The south facing garden to the rear is afforded a great deal of privacy. The door from the kitchen leads to a beautiful Indian sandstone paved patio area, steps up to the raised garden area which is stocked with an abundance of flora and fauna with the benefit of not being overlooked directly to the rear. The front of the property also has an abundance of beautiful landscaped areas with mature shrubbery, plants and flowers and also allows for off street parking for numerous cars.
This wonderful property presents the ideal opportunity to live in a modern masterpiece, the property won the RIBA Awards in 2004 for outstanding architecture and has been featured as inspiration to many architects globally. Its unique setting and nature shines through in every aspect of this property and is the ideal property for the family looking for something different.
The property is a one off unique and truly captivating home within walking distance of the historic Howth village and all the cafes, restaurants, bars and other amenities that Howth has to offer. The local Dart station is within a 5 minute walk with ample bus stops throughout the village.
- Entrance Hall (2.1m x 1.6m)
- High ceilings, heating control point, door to the guest bathroom.
- Guest WC (2.8m x 2.15m)
- Bespoke timber furnishing, porcelain WHB and WC.
- Living Room Split level (Upper level) (8.05m x 3.9m)
- Entry level has tiled floor, steps down into the lower living room area.
- Living Room (Lower level) (5.75m x 5.65m)
- with a handmade solid timber divider. Floor to ceiling windows overlooking Howth Village and Ireland's Eye. Solid fuel stove, feature concrete ceiling with spot lights, integrated surround sound speakers. Access to balcony.
- Kitchen/Dining Area (8.6m x 2.6m)
- Tiled floors, full range of floor and wall mounted Bespoke handmade timber worktops and storage cupboards. Integrated appliances. Access to teh rear garden, feature concrete ceiling with spot lights and lovely views over Howth Harbour and Ireland's Eye. There is a purpose built table, chairs and bench overlookig the harbour.
- Sitting Room (5.1m x 4.3m)
- Solid timber floors, purpose built storage, study area, TV point, dual aspect room overlooking patio to side and rear garden. Glazed sky light.
- First floor
- Via a solid timber staircase with open treads
- Bedroom 1 (4.65m x 3.85m)
- Overlooking the rear garden with floor to ceiling height windows, solid timber floor, vertical iron radiators, built in timber storage cupboards, spot lighting here also with exposed metallic piping.
- Bedroom 2 (5m x 2.55m)
- dual aspect to front and rear, solid timber floors, floor to ceiling windows on both sides with timber door leading out onto a balcony area.
- WC (1.55m x 0.95m)
- Mosaic tiled floor, WC, WHB with plaster and painted walls, concrete effect ceiling, glazed sky light
- Master Suite
- Solid timber floors, heating control point, small study area with a desk and built in shelves, this room also has an ensuite.
- Ensuite / Master Suite (1.8m x 2.35m)
- Mosaic tiled lfoors and walls with the concrete feature ceiling, glazed sky light, enclosed shower with rainwater head running off the immersion, WHB, WC, heated towel rail.
- Study / master suite (3.5m x 2.2m)
- Walk in wardrobe (3.2m x 1.15m)
- range of wardrobes and open shelving units
- Family Bathroom
- Mosaic tiled floors and walls, large family bath, heated towel rail, enclosed shower with glazed roof light above, extractor fan, WHB.
- Bedroom 4 (6.5m x 1.8m)
- Dual aspect room with windows overlooking front and rear, vertical radiator with exposed copper piping, a range of spot lights ceiling and wall mounted. Window overlooking Ireland's Eye to front, solid timber floors and window overlooking the rear also.
- Landing (5.65m x 4m)
- Solid timber floors and doors to all rooms, large extensive roof light here allowing an abundance of natural light to flood in through the house to the entry level.
- Lower Ground Floor
- Utility Room (5.95m x 2.7m)
- Steps from the kitchen down to the lower ground to the utility area which is plumbed for washing machine and dryer, has a large timber worktop space with a single bowl stainless steel sink unit, extractor fan also houses the main fuse board.
- Storage area (6.5m x 1.8m)
- Concrete floors as does the utility area, door to the front driveway and a door into the final bedroom
- Bedroom 5 (8.15m x2.9m)
- full range of bult in wardrobes with feature metalic upstanding radiators, heating control point, with a walk in wardrobe and ensuite
- Ensuite (3.45m x 0.85m)
- Mosaic tiled floor, WC, WHB and shower, extractor fan.
- Patio area (6.6m (length) x 5m (width))
- A sandstone patio area accessing the rear garden.
- The front garden has a driveway providing off street parking and a lawn with mature trees and shrubs. There is side access to both sides of the house. The rear garden offers a great deal of privacy and enjoys a South facing aspect. The garden is elevated, set out in lawn with a small, landscaped, pebbled area with mature plants and shrubbery bordered on either side by a wall.
The front garden has a driveway providing off-street parking and a lawn with mature trees and shrubs. There is side access to both sides of the house. The rear garden offers a great deal of privacy and enjoys a south facing aspect. The garden is elevated, set out in lawn with a small landscaped pebbled area with mature plants and shrubbery boarded on either side by a wall
BER No. 107893356
Energy Performance Indicator: 157.27 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.