- Impressive Edwardian family home offering accommodation of approximately 160sq.m. (1,722sq.ft.).
- Superbly located within the heart of Terenure Village.
- Gracious reception hall, with interconnecting Drawing room and Dining room.
- Very fine original period features throughout including ornate ceiling coving and fireplaces.
- Four spacious bedrooms.
- Fitted carpets and curtains and included in the sale.
- Gas fired central heating (new boiler fitted in 2014).
- Southerly rear garden of approximately 17m (56ft).
- Garage of 26sqm / 280sqft (5.7m x 4.5m / 18'8" x 14'9") with access onto a private lane.
Internally this delightful property enjoys gracious well-proportioned accommodation, well laid out over two levels to the front and three to the rear including a magnificent, welcoming and warm reception hall with two very fine interconnecting reception rooms, steps to the rear of the entrance hall lead to the breakfast room and fitted kitchen with window overlooking the rear garden and door to the utility room. A guest WC completes the accommodation at the hall level.
At the first floor return is a shower room and separate w.c. together with a spacious double bedroom. Steps lead up to the first floor which accommodates two elegant spacious bedrooms, the master spans the width of the house overlooking the front with a beautiful bay window. A further level at the first floor return includes the fourth bedroom which is currently divided into a bedroom and living space. The property is further complemented to the rear by a paved garden and has the added benefit of a substantial garage located to the rear enjoying access onto a private lane which leads onto Mayfield Road East. This is a most useful addition to the property and would be an ideal space in which to work-from-home, subject to planning permission, or simply useful as additional storage or car garage.
This is a highly convenient location being just 5 km to the south west of the city centre and an area which is extremely well serviced by regular bus routes, namely the 15, 15a, 17, 49, 54A, and 65. The M50 is also within close proximity offering access to the arterial road network and Dublin Airport. There is a wealth of amenities available within the vicinity including many excellent restaurants and cafes, such as Mayfield, Bellagio and JDs Steakhouse, along with local boutique shops and newsagents. Further extensive shopping facilities are available nearby at Nutgrove, Rathfarnham and Dundrum Shopping Centre.
Within close proximity are a wide choice of sporting and recreational amenities including Terenure and St Mary’s rugby clubs, the tennis clubs at Rathgar and Templeogue and a choice of golf clubs to include The Grange and The Castle not to mention the numerous activities available at the superb parkland at Bushy Park. This prime location is within easy reach of a number of primary and secondary schools including Terenure College, Our Lady’s Templeogue Road, Presentation Convent and The High School in Rathgar to mention a few.
- Entrance Porch: (1.6m x 0.6m)
- with tiled floor and hard wood double doors stepping up to
- Entrance Hall: (2.1m x 8.3m)
- with ornate coving, fan light and under stairs storage.
- Drawing Room: (4.0m x 4.8m)
- with ceiling coving and tiled open fireplace. Sliding doors lead to the
- Dining Room: (3.9m x 3.9m)
- with open fireplace and sash windows looking out to the rear garden.
- Guest W.C.: (0.8m x 1.4m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., window to side, fully tiled floor and walls.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (3.4m x 5.3m)
- with original sash window to side, a range of kitchen units, stainless steel sink unit, Bosch dishwasher, Zanussi washing machine, free-standing cooker and window overlooking the rear garden. Door to the
- Utility Room: (1.5m x 2.5m)
- with Zanussi condenser dryer and counter space. Door to the rear garden.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Bedroom 3: (3.3m x 5.2m)
- with sash window to rear and towel rail.
- Shower Room: (2.2m x 1.8m)
- with w.h.b., Quadrant Triton Aqua Sensation electric shower, window to side, hotpress, fully tiled floor and walls.
- Separate W.C.:
- with w.c., window to side, fully tiled floor and walls.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- with access to the floored attic.
- Bedroom 1: (6.0m x 4.6m)
- spans the width of the house to the front, with coving, bay window and built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2: (3.9m x 3.9m)
- with sash window to rear.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Bedroom 4: (3.3m x 6.4m)
- currently divided into two rooms with an arch separating, a cast iron fireplace and two sash windows.
The rear garden benefits from a south-easterly orientation, measuring approximately 17m (56ft) mainly laid out in patio slabs with an abundance of mature plants and outside w.c. Further storage is available in the block built outhouse and boiler house. The garage to the rear measures approximately 26sqm / 280sqft (5.7m x 4.5m / 18'8" x 14'9") and benefits from access to a lane to the rear which leads to Mayfield Road East.
BER No. 111056917
Energy Performance Indicator: 395.25 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.