- Detached family home
- Approx. 306 sqm (3,300 sqft)
- Walk-in condition
- Completely refurbished and modernised throughout
- Oil fired central heating
- On large gardens of approx. 1 acre
- Stable and paddock to the side
- Sea views
The entrance porch has a vaulted timber ceiling, an antique parquet floor and generous cloaks cupboard.
The terrace living room is a sunny convivial space overlooking the garden. It has a sea view, an inviting curved bay, patio doors, and is perfect for entertaining.
The kitchen/family room has a number of zones. The dining area has double doors onto the terrace and partial sea views. The sunlit, kitchen area is well laid out, with an island and picture window looking south over the paddock to the sea. Within this room there is also a comfortable, sunny annex. This sofa space has a vaulted timber ceiling and is designed for every day, family lounging.
The laundry/boot room is a pleasant work space. It is south facing, with access to the side garden and a designated area for wine storage.
The front living room is quiet, light filled and contemporary in feel. It has its own access to the front garden and is a reliable chill out zone .
The study is a cosy, bay windowed room. It is somewhat secluded from the family zone of the kitchen, and as a space apart, is ideal as a home office, or a TV snug.
Downstairs there are three charming, double bedrooms , two with chic ensuite bathrooms, and a further family bathroom. One bedroom has double doors onto the terrace and one has doors onto a ‘Juliet’ , garden balcony.
Upstairs is an impressive Master suite with marble bathroom . The bright, airy bedroom has a great sea view, but it’s from the large, ‘Alpine’ style, cedar terrace that one can enjoy the best scenes of hill and sea.
Tansy lodge is a comfortable and stylish home, it’s ideal situation offers every amenity for healthy living on the hill. The Howth peninsula is home to wonderful heritage sites and a picturesque fishing harbour, but is perhaps most renowned for its natural beauty and protected landscapes. In addition to spectacular upland heath, rugged coastline and plentiful wild life, there are remarkable panoramic vistas of sea , bay and city. Though Howth is undoubtedly the place for outdoor pursuits , more sedate pleasures are also well catered for, in the vibrant village scene of pubs, eateries and shops.
- Entrance Hallway (3.45m x 2.45m)
- Double doors from the front lead you to this inviting area. There is a vaulted wood ceiling with porthole window. Cloaks presses to the side. Antique style herringbone floor. Wall lights. Double doors to Inner hallway
- Inner Hallway (11.55m x 2.16m)
- Large Velux window at the entrance. Wall lights. Under stairs storage press.
- Family room (5.15m x 5.3m)
- Bay window to the front and French door to the side offering light from the dual aspect. Feature wood mantle with Electric stove. Antique style floor. Recessed lighting. Antique style wood floor.
- Sitting Room (7.3m x 3.57m + 3.9m x 2.55m)
- Elegant room to the back of the house with Bay window and double doors opening on to the terrace. Feature open fireplace. Window to the side for more natural light. Double doors in to the hallway.
- Dining Room (4.33m x 4.9m)
- Antique style wood floor. Sliding door to sun terrace.
- Lounge area (4.07m x 2.7m)
- Relaxing area with large window to the front and glass to the side. Velux window for additional light. Vaulted ceiling with porthole window. Wall lights. Antique style wood floor.
- Kitchen (5.25m x 4.57m)
- Wonderful bespoke kitchen with extensive range of fitted presses, counter tops and integrated appliances. Built in oven and grill. Ceramic hob with Miele steel extractor fan and tile splashback. Double porcelain sink unit and drainer. Free standing island with marble counter and sink unit, and presses. Large down lights and recessed lights. The large picture window looks out on the gardens towards the sea. Door to sun terrace. Intercom.
- Pantry area (2.78m x 1.35m)
- Ideal for storage and for wine racks. Alarm
- Utility Room (3.77m x 3.05m)
- Fitted presses. Plumbed for washing machine and dryer. Porcelain sink unit. Tiled floor. Window to front. Country style half door to rear garden.
- Television room (4.4m x 5.62m)
- This is a very adaptable room and can be used as a TV room or kids games room or home office. Antique style wood floor. Feature fireplace with solid fuel stove. Bay window to the front and second widow to the side and Velux guarantee a light filled atmosphere. Wall lights.
- Bathroom (1.95m x 2.85m)
- Bath. Wash hand basin. W.C. Tiled floor and part tiled walls. Heated towel rail. Recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 1 (3.57m x 4.1m)
- Bright room to the rear with sliding door to terrace.
- Bedroom 2 (3.45m x 3.4m)
- Built in wardrobes with mirrored sliding doors. windows to the front and side.
- Ensuite Bathroom (3.2m x 1.8m)
- Shower cubicle. W.C. Wash hand basin with marble counter. Recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 3 (4.55m x 4m)
- Sliding door to balcony and seating area.
- Dressing Room area (2.6m x 5.6m)
- Extensive range of wardrobe space with sliding mirrored doors. Door to the side leading to a terrace.
- Ensuite (1.4m x 3.6m)
- Large shower cubicle. Wash hand basin. W.C. Heated towel rail. Frosted window to the side. Tiled floor. Recessed lighting.
- Landing area (4.35m x 3.25m)
- The windows to front provide plenty of natural light. Door to large attic storage area.
- Main bedroom suite
- Ensuite Bathroom (3.7m x 1.92m)
- Bath. Large shower cubicle. Wash hand basin and W.C. Tiled floor and part tiled walls. Heated towel rail. Recessed lights. Window to front.
- Main Bedroom (6.18m x 4.9m)
- Extensive range of built in wardrobes with sliding doors. Window to the side with sea views. Recessed lighting. Sliding door to sun deck.
- Sun deck (4.9m x 4.32m)
- Cedar clad sun deck exclusive to the main bedroom.
Behind the electronic gate is a large gravel driveway bordered by hedging, shrubs and plants. The large Travertine sun terrace is a wonderful alfresco dining and entertaining area with steps leading to large gardens to the rear with mature trees and lawn areas. The garden is loosely comprised of two parts . The larger area is a well stocked, and well loved garden of lovely, herbaceous display ,sweeping lawn and many children’s play structures. The remainder of the one acre site ,forms an idyllic, fallow paddock, complete with a well maintained timber double stable. There is storage under the terrace.
BER No. 104236070
Energy Performance Indicator: 170.25 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.