- Site area of approximately 2.02 Ha (5 acres)
- Floor area of house approximately 701.45 sqm (7,550 sqft)
- Coach house of approximately 138 sqm (1,485 sqft) gross external with two bedrooms
- Floodlit tennis court
- Golf putting green
- Two Par 3 golf holes
- Secondary vehicular access
- Gas fired central heating with two separate boilers
- Spacious well-proportioned accommodation throughout
- Exceptional sea views
- Private secluded gardens
- Within walking distance of Killiney DART Station
- Close to local schools, primary and post primary
A magnificent detached Victorian residence located on Marino Avenue West enjoying spectacular sea views within an enviable private secluded position overlooking Killiney Bay, Sorrento Terrace and Dalkey Island.
Having been occupied by the same family for almost 40 years, Summerhill comes to the market offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire one of South Dublin’s finest homes.
This Victorian residence dating from the mid-1800’s sits amongst 2.02Ha (5 acres) of the finest manicured gardens and grounds. The long sweeping driveway past the tennis court, golf putting and chipping green, manicured lawns and feature waterfall and pond lead to the house with ample off street car parking to the front and side.
The entrance porch leads to the entrance hall and inner hall with magnificent staircase surround. The accommodation of approximately 701.45sq.m (7,550sq.ft) is over three floors with spaciously proportioned rooms that offer comfortable accommodation. The principal reception rooms face south enjoying views over the grounds towards the sea.
The kitchen to the rear is the focal point in the home and includes a sitting/dining area with views over Dalkey Island.
The garden level/basement includes gym, bar and plant room with access to the lower gardens and lawns.
Upstairs there are seven bedrooms, the master bedroom suite includes a large en suite bathroom and the bedroom itself enjoys fine views. There are six further bedrooms, one of which is en suite together with a second staircase.
The house also benefits from a comfortable coach house to the side which is ideal for staff accommodation.
- Entrance Porch (2.2m x 1.5m)
- with double arch doors, ceramic tiled floor and oak part glazed door to
- Entrance Hall (2.25m x 3.3m)
- with ceiling coving and centre rose
- Guest Cloakroom
- with w.c., wash hand basin, tiled floor and storage cupboard
- Study (2.5m x 5.55m)
- with timber floor, ceiling coving and bay window with views over Killiney Bay, Dalkey Island and Sorrento Terrace
- Inner Hall (4.9m x 7.2m)
- with feature arch doorway, ceiling coving, feature marble fireplace and staircase to upper floors
- Drawing Room (6.9m x 4.8m)
- with ceiling coving, marble fireplace with coal effect gas fire, south facing bay window, window to front and sliding doors to
- Sitting Room (6.6m x 3.8m)
- with ceiling coving, south facing window, marble fireplace and door to
- Dining Room (6.85m x 4.85m)
- with south facing bay window, parquet flooring, marble fireplace, door to hallway and door to
- leading to
- Family Room (5.7m x 8.7m)
- with timber floor, fireplace with timber mantel, feature sitting either side of chimney and double folding doors to south facing patio
- Glazed Lobby
- leading to
- Kitchen (7.8m x 7.8m)
- with feature skylight window, bay window with extensive views towards Dalkey Island, window overlooking fountain to rear, a range of fitted cupboards, presses and polished granite work surface, double Belfast sink unit, Fisher & Paykel double drawer dishwasher, Britannia double oven with five ring hob, extractor over, Sub Zero fridge & freezer, steps to sitting area with fireplace with electric Dimplex coal effect fire, dining area with views over Dalkey Island and island sink
- Inner Lobby
- with staircase to lower garden level
- Lower Garden Level
- with door to outside courtyard
- Utility/Guest W.C.
- with w.c., wash hand basin, tiled floor, counter unit, plumbed for washing machine and dryer
- Gym/Weights Room (6.5m x 4.4m)
- with fireplace with solid fuel stove, mirrored wall and two arches
- Gym (6.5m x 4.4m)
- with parquet flooring, two arches to
- Bar (6.5m x 6.4m)
- with bar counter with featured railway sleeper to sides and back, fitted shelving and sink unit
- Wine Cellar (1.65m x 5.1m)
- Changing Area (2.7m x 3.95m)
- with tiled floor, inset lighting, wood panelled walls and ceiling
- Sauna (2m x 1.2m)
- Shower Room (1.55m x 5.9m)
- with wood panelled walls, tiled floor and shower
- Separate W.C.
- with wash hand basin
- Plant Room (4.45m x 8.2m)
- with tiled floor, fitted shelving, store room and two gas fired central heating boilers
- Inner Hall
- with magnificent feature staircase to
- First Floor
- Landing (8.67m x 3.95m)
- with ceiling coving and arch between landing
- Master Bedroom Suite
- Entrance Lobby (1.2m x 2.75m)
- En Suite Bathroom (3.55m x 2.7m)
- with tiled floor, 2/3 tiled walls, bath, bidet, w.c., twin wash hand basins with cupboards under, separate step in shower, mirrored cupboard and heated towel rail
- Bedroom (4.9m x 5.85m)
- with ceiling coving, extensive fitted wardrobes, fitted locker units, fitted dressing table and bay window with views over gardens and grounds, Killiney Bay, Sorrento Terrace and Dalkey Island
- Bedroom 2 (2.8m x 4.8m)
- with fitted wardrobes
- Bedroom 3 (3.85m x 4.8m)
- with fitted wardrobes and south facing window
- Bedroom 4 (3.9m x 3.55m)
- with fitted wardrobes including fitted chest of drawers
- Bedroom 5 (3.85m x 4.9m)
- with fitted wardrobes, south facing window and door to
- En Suite Bathroom (1.75m x 2.8m)
- with part tiled walls, tiled floor, roll top and claw bath, w.c. and wash hand basin
- Family Bathroom
- with tiled floor, bath, w.c., separate step in shower, wash hand basin with vanity unit and mirror
- Upper Floor Return
- Bedroom 6 (2.95m x 3.45m)
- with fitted sink unit
- Bedroom 7 (2.95m x 3.45m)
- with sink unit and fitted wardrobe
The house is approached via electrically operated entrance gates with long sweeping driveway to the main house. The site area is approximately 2.02Ha (5 acres) with manicured lawns, feature waterfall and pond, tennis court, golf putting and chipping green, vegetable garden, outhouses and two par 3 golf holes. The outhouses comprises open store, three stores, two with sliding doors and one with folding door, pitched roof and ideal for machinery storage or further development subject to the necessary Planning Permissions. OPEN STORE AREA: 5.06m x 12.6m (16’7” x 41’4”) THREE STORE ROOMS: 21.24m x 5.06m (69’8” x 16’7”) overall, two with sliding doors, one with folding door, pitched roof and access on separate entrance for machinery. DETACHED COACH HOUSE: Entrance hall, kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, two bedrooms, shower room with w.c. & w.h.b. SOLICITORS WITH CARRIAGE OF SALE: John Nelson Nelson & Co 291 Templeogue Road Templeogue Dublin 6W
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.