- Detached family home on Mount Merrion’s premier road.
- Generous south facing site of approx. 0.23acre.
- Huge scope & potential to create a very special family residence.
- Derelict garage at the end of the garden opening onto Iris Grove.
- South facing garden extending to approx. 38m/125ft.
- Highly sought after & convenient location a short walk to local amenities on The Rise and the QBC on the N11.
- Floor area approx. 122sqm. (1,313sqft.)
- Granny flat approx. 65sq.m. (700sq.ft.)
- Gas fired central heating.
A unique opportunity to acquire a detached family home with huge scope and potential, standing on a generous site of approx. 0.23acre, on the southern side of Mount Merrion’s premier road.
Superbly positioned on this quietly exclusive road, a striking 1930s built detached family home which was extended to include a granny flat in the late 1960s and now affords a new owner the rare opportunity to create a very special and substantial home with the added benefit of a southerly aspect. The property is further enhanced by a derelict garage at the end of the garden opening onto Iris Grove.
The property presently extends to approx. 122sqm /1,313sqft briefly comprising sitting room, living room, kitchen/breakfast room, sun room, and upstairs four bedrooms and the shower room. There is also an integral granny flat with it’s own separate entrance to the front, extending to approximately 65sqm/700sqft briefly comprising utility room, kitchenette, living room, sun room, bedroom, and bathroom.
St. Thomas Road is Mount Merrion’s most sought after residential road, ideally located off The Rise with its neighbourhood shops which are a focal point for Mount Merrion. There is also a vibrant community centre, church, and sporting facilities, UCD Belfield campus and an excellent choice of some of the country’s best known schools including Mount Anville, Colaiste Iosagain, The Teresian School, St Andrews, and Blackrock College to name but a few. The property is also within a short walk of the quality bus corridor on the N11, which provides ease of access to Dublin City Centre. Major shopping centres in Stillorgan and Blackrock and the DART station in Booterstown are also easily accessible.
- Reception Hall (1.4m x 4.1m)
- with tiled floor.
- Sitting Room (3.75m x 5.2m)
- dual aspect room with picture rail, fireplace with mahogany surround, tiled inset, raised slate hearth, herringbone hardwood floor, set of folding double doors to
- Living Room (4.75m x 3m)
- with herringbone hardwood floor, fireplace with mahogany surround, tiled inset and raised tiled hearth. Door to
- Sun Room (4.95m x 2.65m)
- with French doors leading out to rear garden.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (3.2m x 3.15m)
- (average measurement) with one bowl stainless steel sink unit, cupboards underneath, worktop area with cupboard & drawer, terrazzo floor. Door to granny flat.
- access hatch to the attic.
- Bedroom 1 (4.3m x 3.05m)
- with good range of built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2 (3.3m x 3.05m)
- with built in wardrobes and vanity unit.
- Bedroom 3 (2.3m x 2.5m)
- (average measurement)
- Bedroom 4 (3.8m x 1.95m)
- with a cast iron fireplace.
- Shower Room
- with corner step in shower with Triton T90 electric shower, vanity wash hand basin, presses underneath, w.c., tiled walls, door to shelved cupboard, door to undereaves storage area with boiler.
- GRANNY FLAT
- Reception Hall
- doors from both front and kitchen of main house, with terazzo floor.
- Guest W.C.
- Utility Area (2.15m x 1.85m)
- with one bowl stainless steel sink drainer unit, presses above, worktop with cupboards, built in shelving. Door to
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (2.35m x 3.8m)
- (average measurement) with worktop, one bowl stainless steel sink drainer unit, presses & drawers, door to
- Rear Hall (0.9m x 5.9m)
- with doors to rear garden and Iris Grove.
- with cast iron roll top bath, w.c., wash hand basin, partly tiled walls, door to shelved hotpress.
- Living Room (3.5m x 3.1m)
- with gas fire, door to
- Sun Room (3.2m x 2m)
- with door to rear garden.
As previously mentioned, the property stands on a wonderful south facing site, extending to approximately 0.23acre. The front garden is walled and hedged, laid out partly in lawn bordered by flowerbeds, mature shrubs, bushes, and plants. Gravel driveway provides off street car parking, and pedestrian access onto Iris Grove. Garage 3.7m x 7.25m (12'2" x 23'9") with sliding timber door, gas fired central heating boiler, door to rear garden. The south facing rear garden extends to approximately 38m/125ft, with patio directly behind the house, steps up the main garden which is walled and hedged and laid out largely in lawn with hedging, bushes, shrubs, and trees. There is a path leading to the rear of the garden and dilapidated garage with access onto St. Thomas Road.
BER No. 112992102
Energy Performance Indicator: 418.71
Address: 103 Upper Leeson, Dublin 4
Telephone: 01 6624511 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.