- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Enviable westerly rear garden measuring approximately 25m (82ft) in length
- Close to excellent transport with a regular bus and DART services close by
- Extended and upgraded interior in turnkey walk into condition
- Close to primary and secondary schools
- Gas fired central heating
- Floor area of approximately 140sq.m (1,507sq.ft)
- A short walk to Glenageary DART Station
- Off street parking for two cars
- Surrounded by an abundance of recreation and leisure facilities
- Private gated games field within Silchester Park for residents use
The location of this fabulous family home is second to none. Silchester Park has a strong sense of community with an active Residents Association which organises Sports Days, Halloween festivities and Winter Socials. Unsurprisingly it is one of Glenageary’s most popular family locations within a short stroll of the local shops at Glenageary, Glasthule, Sandycove and Dalkey and more extensive shopping at Dun Laoghaire Town Centre. The People’s Park is a short stroll down the road and enjoys the ever popular Farmer’s Market every Sunday and there are pleasant scenic walks by the seafront and over Killiney and Dalkey hills just a short distance away.
There are a host of primary and secondary schools that surround Silchester Park such as the Harold Primary School (within catchment), Killiney & Glenageary National School (Wyvern), Castlepark, Rathdown, Loreto Abbey Dalkey and Cluny to mention to a few. There is an abundance of recreational and leisure facilities close by most notably the private games field within Silchester Park looked after by the Silchester Park Resident’s Association to which each resident has a key. There is also golf, football, GAA, hockey and tennis clubs within walking distance. The four yacht clubs and the extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast. Transport is excellent with a regular bus service frequenting the Lower Glenageary Road and Glenageary DART Station positioned on Station Road literally around the corner providing ease of access to the city centre. The N11 and M50 at Cherrywood make commuting to and from the city centre, the airport and nationwide very simple.
- Porched Entrance
- with tiled floor and opens through to the
- Reception Hall (2m x 4.9m)
- with walnut timber effect floor, enclosed digital security alarm unit, enclosed fuse board, enclosed radiator, LED downlighting and understairs storage
- Guest W.C.
- with w.c., corner pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor and walls and extractor fan
- Sitting Room (3.7m x 4.5m)
- with solid timber floor, recessed lighting, double glazed window facing front with glimpses of Killiney Hill, Hive heating controls and opening through to the
- Family Room (3.6m x 4.2m)
- with solid timber floor, LED recessed lighting, television point, very fine limestone fireplace with marble inset, raised hearth and open fire and glazed door leads to the
- Living/Dining Area (6.8m x 4.3m)
- open plan with tiled floor, glazed tri-aspect windows, Velux skylights, recessed lighting, double folding double glazed PVC doors opening out to the rear garden, double glazed door opening out to the side and opening through to the
- Kitchen (4.9m x 3.1m)
- with matt grey press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, polished granite worktop, one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, tiled splashback, recessed lighting, Neff stainless steel oven, Neff four ring gas hob over, glazed splashback, integrated dishwasher, Whirlpool integrated washing machine, Bosch tumble dryer, Nordmende integrated fridge/freezer and an Ideal Logic Heat 24 condensing boiler under the sink
- with glazed banisters leading up
- with recessed lighting, door to shelved hot press with immersion unit and timer, hatch to attic with pull down ladder and shelved eaves for good storage
- Bedroom 1 (3.1m x 4.2m)
- with built in sliding wardrobes with mirrored front, enclosed radiator, walnut timber effect floor and picture window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 2 (3.3m x 4.4m)
- with picture window facing front with views up Killiney Hill of the Obelisk and Dalkey Quarry, enclosed radiator and walnut timber effect floor
- Bedroom 3 (2.4m x 3.3m)
- with enclosed radiator, timber effect walnut floor and views of Dalkey Quarry and the Obelisk
- Family Bathroom
- with bath with wall mounted Mira Eco power shower, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., part tiled walls, fully tiled floor, fitted mirrors, recessed lighting and extractor fan
The property is approached by a shared drive with private off street parking. Gated side access leads to the enviable west facing rear garden with Indian sandstone patio, raised lawn all bordered by mature shrubbery and planting offering immense privacy and seclusion. The rear garden also avails of external lighting, outside tap and Barna shed.
BER No. 105028963
Energy Performance Indicator: 359.41 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.