- Highly regarded residential address
- Private sunny south west facing garden
- Excellent off street parking behind secure vehicular gates
- Original cottage constructed in 1781 and extended in the 70’s & 80’s
- A stroll from the excellent amenities in Shankill Village
- Serviced by excellent transport via the bus, DART and LUAS at Cherrywood
- Surrounded by excellent schools and recreational facilities
- Popular walks on Shankill Beach and
- over Killiney and Dalkey hills with Shanganagh Park close by
- Convenient to the N11 & M50 making commuting to and from the city centre and nationwide very simple
- Newly opened Lidl supermarket, Costa Café and pharmacy at the roundabout
- Floor area of approximately 170 sqm (1,830 sqft)
- Foul & surface water drainage pump
- Security alarm
Constructed originally in 1781 this quaint cottage retains the period nuances and wonderful features of the era. During the 70’s and again in the 80’s the cottage was extended double storey to the rear. The entire property now extends to approximately 170 sqm (1,830 sqft). Briefly the accommodation comprises of an atrium entrance hall with a bathroom and utility to the rear. Next in the original cottage is a breakfast room, a well fitted kitchen including a Stanley gas cooker/boiler and finally there is a stunning sitting room.
A particular feature in the cottage is the high vaulted ceilings giving a greater sense of proportion. The more modern part of the property has a large dining room that opens into a TV room/study and the master bedroom with excellent storage completes the accommodation at this level. Upstairs two double bedrooms share an en suite shower room and off the landing is very good eaves storage. The property has been very well maintained throughout, however, would now require some upgrading and modernisation to bring it up to present modern day standards.
The garden is a particularly nice feature of the property. It is set out in a suntrap patio bordered by wonderfully planted raised flower beds, shrubbery and trees. It has a
sought after sunny south westerly orientation. There is a covered fuel store and gravelled off street parking for a number of cars.
The location of Sherrington Cottage is that of unparalleled convenience being within seconds’ walk of the superb conveniences in Shankill Village with its excellent range of facilities and amenities including shops such as Tesco Express, restaurants, Brady’s pub as well as the newly opened Lidl supermarket and Costa Café. The area is very well served by public transport links including the local DART at Shankill and numerous bus routes as well as the LUAS at Cherrywood. The N11 and M50 interchange are both within easy reach of the property and provide ease of access to and from the city centre and nationwide. There is also a wide selection of recreational amenities close by including golf, rugby and football clubs as well as pleasant walks along Shankill Beach, over Killiney and Dalkey hills and Shanganagh Park with its fields and playground. There is also an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools with
Rathmichael National School, St. Anne’s and St. Gerard’s just to mention a few.
- Porched Entrance
- Reception Hall (2.2m x 3.45m)
- atrium style with tiled floor, intercom and door to
- with cast iron bath with Mira shower over, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, skylight, plumbed for Ariston washing machine, broom cupboard and double folding doors open to a hot press with dual immersion unit and timer with cupboards over, tiled floor and part mosaic tiled walls
- Breakfast Room (2.3m x 3.95m)
- with vaulted ceiling, multi-paned door opening out front, Velux skylight, timber panelled display shelving with cupboard under, telephone point, tiled floor and step up to the
- Kitchen (2.65m x 2.95m)
- with tiled floor, exposed brick splashback, Electrolux four ring electric hob with extractor over, single blow single drainer stainless steel sink unit, Stanley cooker with two hobs and double oven, Bosch dishwasher and tiled splashback
- Sitting Room (3.85m x 3.9m)
- with vaulted ceiling, Jotul solid fuel burning stove set into fireplace with raised granite hearth, television point and enclosed fuse board and meter
- Dining Room (3.65m x 4.3m)
- with tiled floor, recessed lighting and double folding multi-paned doors opening into the
- Home Office/Playroom (4.3m x 3.1m)
- with tiled floor and timber panelled ceiling with recessed lighting
- Bedroom 1 (4.25m x 5.9m)
- with multi-paned door opening in, tiled floor, a range of built in wardrobes, dressing table with mirrored back, box shelving, built in headboard unit with bedside lockers either side, box shelving over, drawers under and further storage book shelving
- with door to attic eaves storage
- Bedroom 2 (3.5m x 3.45m)
- with twin Velux windows looking out front, book shelving under and door to
- En Suite Shower Room
- with step in tiled Mira Elite electric shower, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., shaving socket and light, hatch to roof space and door to
- Bedroom 3 (4.55m x 4.05m)
- with twin Velux skylight windows looking front with book shelving storage under and louvered door wardrobes with matching cupboards over and shelving either side
The garden is a particularly nice feature of the property. It is set out in a suntrap patio bordered by wonderfully planted raised flower beds, shrubbery and trees. It has a sought after sunny south westerly orientation. There is a covered fuel store and gravelled off street parking for a number of cars. Barna shed.
BER No. 112478698
Energy Performance Indicator: 443.62 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.