- Measuring 402sq.m./ 4,327sq.ft. (8 Seafield Ave 292sq.m/3,143sq.ft.)(8a Seafield Ave110sq.m /1,184sq.ft)
- Stunning features including coving, centre roses, 11ft high ceilings, sash windows.
- 85ft West Facing Garden
- A host of amenities, transport, schools on your door step.
- Off Street Parking
- Bursting with space and light throughout.
No. 8 is a bright and airy, three story family home with wonderful proportions that extend to approximately 292sq.m (3,143sq.ft) with many of the features from the early Victorian era intact. Upon entering one is instantly struck by the charm and character of No. 8. An entrance hall with parquet floors, ceiling coving, centre roses and arched picture windows greets you. Off the hall is a large reception room with high ceilings and picture window to the rear garden, this room is currently laid out as a bedsit, but it takes little imagination to see how easily it could become your main living area with double doors to the rear garden. A second large room currently used as a study could be reopened to the living room to create even more space. The rear hallway runs to a door to the garden and houses a large storage cupboard and the owner’s favourite room, a workshop currently lined with every tool imaginable. The first floor return houses a shower room and study/ playroom with access out onto a roof terrace which catches sun throughout the day. At first floor level are two bright and spacious rooms currently used as a living room with concertina doors to the dining room. Both these rooms burst with Victorian charm boasting 11ft high ceilings, ceiling coving and original marble fireplaces. A kitchen/ breakfast room with utility complete this floor. Finally, on the second floor and return are three large bright double bedrooms and a second bathroom.
8 comes with the added bonus of having an investment property 8A to the side. 8A is an immaculately presented spacious two-bedroom cottage measuring approximately 110sq.m (1,184sq.ft) which bursts with natural light. An open plan kitchen, newly refurbished bathroom, large double bedroom and attic room currently used as a bedroom/ study and large living room complete the accommodation. Double doors from the living room lead to the rear garden where a private patio area creates space to dine ‘’Al Fresco’’ in the evening sunshine. The gardens of 8 & 8A Seafield Avenue are bursting with life in the form of mature trees, plants and shrubs. To the front there is off street parking for multiple cars and door to the courtyard of the cottage. To the rear is a private, tranquil, leafy (85ft) west facing garden, a perfect place for children to play.
This superb family home is located in the much sought after and highly desirable area of Monkstown just a short walking distance from Dun Laoghaire and Monkstown/Salthill DART stations as well as regular bus services on York Road including the 46A. There are a wide range of excellent facilities and amenities in Monkstown and Dun Laoghaire that include local and boutique shops, shopping centres, cafes, bars and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin. Along with a selection of excellent primary and secondary schools to include Scoil Lorcain, Castle Park Dalkey, C.B.C Monkstown and Rathdown, Glenageary to name a few, there are many recreational and leisure amenities close by such as golf and tennis clubs and the Monkstown Leisure Centre with a swimming pool. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour with its two piers will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast. There is also a superb swimming spot just at Seapoint, enjoyed by many to dare to brave a dip in the Irish Sea.
- Main House - 8 Seafield Avenue
- Entrance Hallway (5.3m x 1.8m)
- with open arch through to the hallway, centre roses, ornate cornicing, parquet flooring, picture windows overlooking courtyard, 10ft high ceilings
- Rear Hallway
- with built in wardrobes and leads to the rear garden
- Understairs Cloakroom
- Reception Room/Study (3m x 4.6m)
- with 10ft high ceiling, coving, sash windows overlooking the front garden and parquet flooring
- Reception Room (10m x 4.8m)
- with parquet flooring, marble heath with gas fire insert, sash window overlooking the front and arched picture window overlooking the rear garden, 10ft high ceiling (currently laid out as a bedsit with kitchen units, cooker, fridge and bedroom to the front)
- First Floor Return
- Shower Room
- with shower, w.c., wash hand basin, extractor fan and, heated towel rail and wall mounted Dimplex heater
- Study/Play Room (4.9m x 2.4m)
- with window overlooking the rear garden, window with access to a roof terrace which is paved with patio slabs and catches the sun throughout the day
- First Floor
- Living Room (5.7m x 4.7m)
- with 11ft ceiling, marble original heath with cast iron insert and gas fire, book shelving, sash windows overlooking the rear garden, centre rose,coving and double concertina doors into
- Dining Room (7m x 4.6m)
- with marble original fireplace with cast iron insert and gas fire, 11ft high ceiling, two double sash windows overlooking the front
- Kitchen/ Breakfast Room (1.85m x 7.1m)
- with an extensive range of wall and floor units, plumbed for dishwasher, cooker with gas hob, area for table and chairs with a beautiful sunny outlook over the front and side, place for fridge/freezer and door to
- Utility Room (3.3m x 1.9m)
- with wash hand basin, wall and floor units, shelving and plumbed for washing machine
- Second Floor
- Master Bedroom (5.6m x 4.7m)
- with painted marble fireplace with gas fire insert, built in wardrobes, sash window overlooking the rear garden and vaulted ceiling with centre rose
- Bedroom 2 (4.6m x 3.2m)
- with built in wardrobe, sash window overlooking the front, vaulted ceiling and centre rose
- Bedroom 3 (3.3m x 3.6m)
- with vaulted ceiling and ceiling storage
- Family Bathroom
- with bath, w.c, w.h.b
- to the rear is a west facing garden with mature planting, store room, trees, shrubbery, patio area, further store room, outhouses, pebbled area perfect for dining al fresco, external lighting and the area is divided by bamboo and mature planting to give a separate patio area to the mews attached to the property
- Mews - 8A Seafield Avenue
- to the front is a courtyard
- Open Plan Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.9m x 4.8m)
- with vaulted ceiling, tiled floor, space for dining table and chairs, wardrobes, wide range of wall and floor units, place for fridge/freezer, four ring gas hob, space for washing machine, cooker and tiled splashback
- Living Area (7.2m x 4.3m)
- with parquet floor, space for dining table and chairs, Velux windows, gas fire with tiled surround, sliding doors out to the rear garden and separate patio area
- Master Bedroom (3.7m x 3.9m)
- with built in shelving and window overlooking the rear
- Shower Room (3m x 2.1m)
- with large walk in shower, wash hand basin, w.c. and space for washing machine & dryer
- Utility Room
- Upstairs/Attic Space (7m x 4.6m)
- with spiral staircase, is currently laid out as a large bedroom/study with beautiful outlook over the rear garden and skylight
Address: 51 Mount Merrion Avenue, Black Rock, Co. Dublin, A96W6K7
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.