- Including detached two bedroom mews of approximately 70sq.m (750sq.ft)
- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Suntrap patio front garden that benefits from the westerly sun
- Floor area of approximately 260sq.m (2,800sq.ft)
- Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale
- Sea views to the front from the upper floors and views of Joyce’s Martello Tower and the Michael Scott House from the rear
- Retains many period embellishments of the era
- Highly convenient much sought after location close to the seafront, Sandycove Harbour, the Forty Foot in between Dalkey and Sandycove villages
- A protected structure
A railed front lawned garden has steps up to the hall door and down to the basement level where there is a west facing suntrap patio area.
On entering the property it is clear to see that this house has been very well looked after and modernised and upgraded over time. At hall level there are two interconnecting reception rooms, the rear of which leads into the kitchen. There is a utility/laundry at the back of the property. Upstairs on the first floor there is an excellent dining room which spans the entire width of the front of the property and enjoys views out over Scotsman’s Bay. Bedroom 1 is situated behind this and enjoys views of Joyce’s Martello Tower and the Scott House from the rear gable window. There is also an en suite bathroom off this bedroom on the return. On the second floor there is bedroom 2 with the stunning outlook over Joyce’s Tower and the Scott House again with another en suite bathroom and to the front is the master bedroom which spans the width of the front of the property and enjoys further views out over Scotsman’s Bay.
At basement level is an excellent sitting room with a door to the front making it possible to separate this property into a self-contained unit subject to the necessary Planning Permissions. There are two further bedrooms one with an office area and the family bathroom at this level.
The rear garden is set over two levels and offers good storage and a detached Barna shed as well as a boiler house for the gas fired central heating boilers. From the upper level there is a timber pedestrian gate that opens into the detached mews that comprises a kitchen, sitting/dining room, two bedrooms and a bathroom and opens out onto the lane to the rear.
The property is presented very well throughout and has kept many of the period embellishments of the era including period marble fireplaces, ceiling coving and shutters just to mention a few.
This is a wonderful opportunity to acquire a most charming and elegant Victorian period residence with charm and distinction that is wonderfully appointed adjacent to Sandycove seafront and within walking distance of Glasthule and Dalkey villages which are widely renowned for their specialist and boutique shops, pubs, hostelries and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin.
There are also a number of recreational and sporting amenities nearby including several tennis and golf clubs, marine facilities and extensive marina in nearby Dun Laoghaire Harbour as well as several excellent schools including Castlepark, Loreto Abbey Dalkey and the Harold National School just to mention a few. The area is serviced by excellent transport links with a regular bus service and DART stations close by which make commuting to and from the city centre very simple. Both Dun Laoghaire and Blackrock offer more extensive shopping facilities.
- Reception Hall (1.6m x 3.88m)
- with mahogany floor, fan light over hall door, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, enclosed fuse board and arch through to the
- Inner Hall (1.77m x 3.95m)
- Drawing Room (3.91m x 4.36m)
- with sliding sash window with shutters intact overlooking front, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, mahogany floor, very fine mahogany fireplace with pattern tiled inset, brass hood, open fire and slate hearth, picture rail and double folding doors that lead through to the
- Breakfast Room (4.36m x 3.92m)
- with mahogany floor, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, very fine mahogany fireplace matching the drawing room with pattern tiled inset, copper hood and slate hearth and opening through to the
- Kitchen (2.23m x 6.15m)
- with a range of fitted factory finish off white press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, worktops, one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, tiled splashback, understrip lighting, shelving, part vaulted ceiling with recessed lighting and two large skylights, mahogany floor, telephone point, integrated Whirlpool washing machine, integrated Normende dishwasher, picture window overlooking the rear, Leisure five ring gas cooker with warming plate to the side and double oven with warming oven and extractor over, splashback, Samsung American style fridge/freezer, pull out pantry unit, digital heating controls, multi paned door opening into the hall return and door to
- Utility Room/Laundry (4.29m x 3.28m)
- with tiled floor, recessed lighting, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit, second Zanussi dishwasher, window overlooking the side, rear bay window with view of the Martello Tower and has a double glazed door that opens out onto the steps down to the garden
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1 (4m x 4.47m)
- with vaulted ceiling, ceiling coving, a range of built in wardrobes, dual aspect windows one looking out to the rear and one looking out over towards Howth taking in Joyce's Tower and the Scott house, door to
- En Suite Bathroom (2.22m x 3.28m)
- with tiled floor, part tiled walls, pedestal wash hand basin with tiling shelf, mirror and light over, w.c., bath with telephone shower attachment, cupboards opening to a shelved hot press with dual immersion unit
- Dining Room (3.9m x 6.55m)
- with ceiling coving, twin sliding sash windows overlooking the front with shutters intact, the right hand window having sea views over Scottman's Bay, very fine Victorian marble fireplace with pattern tiled inset, marble hearth, wrought iron hood and open fire
- Second Floor
- Bedroom 2 (4.62m x 3.91m)
- with ceiling coving, a range of built in wardrobes, dual aspect windows looking out rear and out over the Martello Tower with Howth in the background and door to
- En Suite Bathroom (2.23m x 3.29m)
- with step in tiled Mira XL power shower, pedestal wash hand basin set into vanity unit with light over, w.c., tiled floor, bath with shower attachment and cupboard space under and dual aspect windows looking out rear and over the Martello Tower
- with skylight, hatch to attic space and ceiling coving
- Master Bedroom (6.7m x 3.98m)
- with vaulted ceiling, ceiling coving, twin sliding sash windows looking out front with shutters intact and a very fine sea view to the right hand window
- Basement Level
- Downstairs Hallway (1.74m x 7.28m)
- with solid oak floor, understairs louvered store area, second water cylinder with immersion unit and timer as well as shelving, another set of doors with further shelving to the side of this and multi paned double folding doors open into the
- Sitting Room (3.83m x 6.05m)
- with solid oak floor, recessed lighting, window overlooking the front, tall radiator, very fine natural stone (possibly limestone) surround with marble inset and mix of marble and limestone hearth, built in shelving and storage units either side of the chimney breast as well as wall lights and door opening out front
- Bedroom 4 (3.8m x 3.85m)
- with a range of built in wardrobes either side of the chimney breast and also a very good range of ceiling to floor built in wardrobes and opening through to the
- Study/Office Area (2.38m x 2.33m)
- with electric panel heater and double glazed window looking out rear
- with bath with wall mounted power shower, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cylindrical mirror over, light over, w.c., tiled floor, porcelan tiled walls, very fine wall mounted chrome heated towel rail and door to
- Studio/Bedroom 5 (3.03m x 3.28m)
- with cork tiled floor, door that opens out to the garden, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback and mirrored fronted medicine cabinet over
- Separate Mews
- with granite slabbed patio area through the pedestrian gate
- Kitchen (1.82m x 2.7m)
- with natural stone tiled floor, a range of factory finish off white press units, drawers, worktops, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, tiled splashback, Zanussi four ring gas hob with extractor over, Zanussi stainless steel fitted oven under, integrated Belling dishwasher and Zanussi fridge/freezer
- Sitting Room/Dining Room (4.63m x 6m)
- with solid oak floor, double glazed door opening out into the rear patio area, twin windows looking out front, hall door to front, digital security alarm unit, understairs storage and cloak hanging area
- Bedroom 1 (3.65m x 2.65m)
- with Velux skylight window to the front and a range of built in wardrobes
- Bedroom 2 (2.68m x 4.65m)
- with large window overlooking the rear, skylight and a range of built in wardrobes
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled Triton electric shower, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled walls and floor, shaving socket and light and door to a shelved linen cupboard with the Baxi gas fired central heating boiler located in it
To the front is a railed lawned garden with mature trees, high hedging and mature planting leading to the front steps and down to the basement level with a suntrap westerly facing patio area. The rear garden is set out over two levels with storage, a boiler house and a detached Barna shed. Pedestrian gate leads to the mews residence.
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01-280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.