- Highly sought after location at Sandycove Point
- Generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 232.3sq.m (2,500sq.ft)
- Period architectural features throughout
- Attractive pattern stained glass panelled front door
- Private secluded mature rear garden with pedestrian access onto the lane
- Within walking distance of the Forty Foot and Sandycove Harbour
- Close to excellent primary and secondary schools, the bus, DART and Aircoach
- Convenient to the superb amenities in Glasthule Village and Dalkey Town
- Within a short stroll of Cuala GAA and Dalkey United on Hyde Road
- Gas fired central heating
- Wired for an alarm
3, Sandycove Avenue East offers fantastic entertaining space with three spacious reception rooms and a conservatory on either side of the hallway. Elsewhere on the ground floor is a kitchen, separate breakfast room with a slate and concrete feature fireplace, a utility space and wet room. Upstairs there are 3 / 4 light and airy bedrooms, a family-sized bathroom and w.c. and a large hot press.
The house extends to approximately 232.3sq.m (2,500sq.ft) and has a secluded mature garden with pedestrian access onto a private lane to the rear. On the market for the first time in 40 years, the property has been extremely well maintained, but would now benefit from some updating. The flexilble layout will permit the new owner to adapt the accommodation according to their taste and requirements.
The location of this quality family residence will be of major interest to anyone trying to get a foothold in this highly-regarded coastal Sandycove location, being a short stroll from the renowned bathing location at the Forty Foot and from the sea front in Sandycove. Sandycove Lawn Tennis Club is close by, as is the Cuala GAA and Dalkey United sports ground on Hyde Road. The area also benefits from an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools including Castle Park, Harold National School and Loreto Abbey Dalkey.
Dalkey Town and Glasthule Village with their excellent selection of specialist food shops, boutiques and restaurants are in easy walking distance, while the People’s Park, Dun Laoghaire is a bit further afield. The bus and DART station service the city centre and more schools towards the city centre. The Aircoach runs to and from the airport every hour and is accessed from Hyde Road. There are popular scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey Hills and along the seafront. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Reception Hall (6.3m x 1.8m)
- with multi coloured stained glass panelled hall door opening in to hallway with period cornice, solid timber floor, digital security alarm panel, fuse board with upgraded circuit board and chequered quarry tiled floor to the rear of the hall with recessed lighting and door to under stairs storage with gas meter
- Drawing Room (4.55m x 4.95m)
- with solid timber floor, ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, picture rail, sliding sash window opening to the front garden with original shutters, built-in book shelves with cupboards underneath either side of a beautiful white marble Victorian fireplace with flash marble inset and tiled hearth with brass hood and arched opening and doorway through to the
- Study (3.45m x 4.85m)
- with solid timber floor, built-in book cases with cupboard storage underneath, mahogany fireplace with tiled inset, matching tiled hearth and copper hood, picture rail and folding shutter door over to double French doors that lead into the
- Conservatory (3.1m x 6.05m)
- with black and white Amtico chequered tiled floor and multi-paned hardwood door that opens out to the rear decked garden
- Dining Room (4.9m x 4.55m)
- with solid wood floor, very fine marble fireplace with cast iron and pattern tiled inset and chequered tiled hearth, ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, picture rail and sliding sash window with original shutters
- Breakfast Room (3.7m x 4.75m)
- with solid timber floor, telephone point, built in sideboard unit with shelving, drawers, cupboards and a marble top, recessed lighting, glass fronted gas belly stove set into range with slate hearth and keystone opening through to the
- Kitchen (4.3m x 2.35m)
- with solid timber floor, fitted with a range of painted wall-mounted units, drawers, worktops, one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, Bosch four ring gas hob with Zanussi stainless steel oven under, extractor fan over, Bosch Classic fridge/freezer, glass-fronted display cabinets with recessed lighting, tall storage cupboards, tiled splashback, fitted shelving, Zanussi dishwasher and door to
- Utility Area (1.65m x 2.55m)
- with quarry tiled chequer patterned flooring, plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer and houses an enclosed Ideal Logic system, gas fired central heating boiler and the digital heating controls, skylight, door to rear garden and door to
- Wet Room
- with Triton electric shower, corner wash hand basin, part mosaic tiled floor, w.c., tiled walls, wall mounted fan assisted heater, fitted mirror and storage alcove
- First Floor Return
- Guest W.C.
- with timber floor
- with enamel bath with shower attachment over marble-tiled enclosure, wash hand basin set into bespoke vanity unit with cupboards under and marble top, shaving socket, wall-mounted lighting, large fitted mirror, bidet and multi-paned sliding sash window
- Bedroom 4 (2.05m x 4.85m)
- with built in wardrobes and desk with drawers to the side and window with views over kitchen roof and garden
- First Floor
- with telephone point
- Bedroom 1 (5.05m x 4.6m)
- with dual aspect windows both of which are sliding sash, one looking rear, one looking front, one with built-in window seat and storage under, both with working original shutters, excellent louvered door wardrobe provision, painted period fireplace, cast iron arched inset and stone hearth
- Hot Press
- With large shelved hot press with dual immersion unit and timer with cupboards over and roof access to attic and large sliding sash window looking front
- Bedroom 2 (5.05m x 4.58m)
- with built in wardrobes, picture rail, sliding sash window looking front, with window seat and fully functioning original shutters and is linked to
- Bedroom 3 (3.45m x 4.9m)
- with cast iron period fireplace and louvered door wardrobes on either side with cupboards over, sliding sash windows with fitted window seat and storage underneath, fully functioning original shutters and distant views towards the sea
To the front a wrought iron gate opens into a hedged front garden. The rear garden is very private. It is largely paved with mature planting and some raised beds and planted areas with a garden shed for storage. There are high granite walls to the rear and a pedestrian gate leading onto a private lane. The garden measures approximately 8.2m (27ft) in length.
BER No. 112265947
Energy Performance Indicator: 258.94 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.