- Superbly extended and upgraded family home of approximately 185 sqm (1,991 sqft)
- Gas fired central heating
- Top of the range Viessmann gas boiler with a 250lt hard-insulated hot water tank
- Sound proofed front windows
- Delightful sunny rear garden
- Off-street parking for up to four cars
- Carpets, curtains and integrated kitchen appliances included in the sale
- Located in the heart of Terenure Village, 4km from St Stephen’s Green
Built circa 1946, the quality and design of the original build remains evident in this sympathetically upgraded and extended property. At approximately 185sqm (1,991sqft) the spacious accommodation enjoys a welcoming entrance hall leading through to a large living room enjoying polished French oak timber flooring, large bay window and feature fireplace. This leads directly to the formal dining room which in turn opens through to the spacious family area and kitchen, a room benefiting from a solid fuel stove providing additional heat and comfort.
A separate room to the front is currently in use as a study but could easily serve as a bedroom or additional family/ play room given the direct connection to the downstairs w.c. and shower room. Upstairs there are four bedrooms and a generous family bathroom. An additional feature of this stunning home is the spacious attic which provides the option of conversion for luxurious master suite.
All renovated rooms including bathrooms, have been dry-lined and the in addition, the extension has been wrapped in 100mm external insulation and 190mm of solid insulation in the ceiling. 48 Rathfarnham Road is double-glazed throughout and in addition, the windows to the front have been sound-proofed using an extra-thick front windowpane, which has been laminated. The heating system is run from a top of the range Viessmann gas boiler with a 250lt hard-insulated hot water tank. This system takes advantage of the lower energy tariffs charged in the early AM hours to heat the water and store it in the super-insulated tank, providing constant hot water.
To the front, the property is bordered by mature laurel hedging, granite kerbing and seasonal shrubs providing additional colour. This delightful property further benefits from secure parking for up to four cars with a beautifully landscaped rear garden, decorated with raised flower-beds and a patio area perfectly placed to catch the afternoon and evening sunshine ideal for al fresco dining.
Located just 4km from St Stephen’s Green, the area is extremely well serviced by regular bus routes to and from the city centre, namely the 15, 15b, 17, 49, 54A, and 65. The M50 is also within close proximity offering access to the arterial road network and Dublin Airport. There is a wealth of amenities available within the vicinity including many excellent restaurants and cafes, such as Mayfield, Bellagio and JDs Steakhouse, along with local boutique shops and newsagents. The area also benefits from the extensive shopping facilities nearby at Nutgrove, Rathfarnham and Dundrum Shopping Centre.
There are a wide choice of sporting and recreational amenities in the immediate area including Terenure and St Mary’s rugby clubs, the tennis clubs at Rathgar and Templeogue and a choice of golf clubs to include The Grange and The Castle. For the avid walker, the options are endless and include the wonderful Dodder River walk. Numerous activities are also available at the superb parkland at Bushy Park which is only 5 minutes’ walk awy. This prime location is within easy reach of a number of primary and secondary schools including Terenure College, Our Lady’s Templeogue Road, Presentation Convent and The High School in Rathgar to mention a few.
- Entrance Hall (5.67m x 2.44m)
- with tiled ceramic floor, ceiling coving, alarm panel, understairs storage and cloak hanging area. Door to
- Shower Room (2.14m x 2.02m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., step-in electric Triton T90XR shower, recessed lighting, fully tiled walls, tiled ceramic floor and heated towel rail. Door through to
- Study / Bedroom 5 (2.41m x 4.50m)
- with bay window and enclosed fuse board.
- Living Room (5.13m x 3.67m)
- with polished French oak timber floor, large bay window, ceiling coving and coal-effect gas fireplace with marble inset, marble mantel and surround. Arch through to the
- Dining Room (4.57m x 3.93m)
- with polished French oak timber floor and ceiling coving. Opening through to the
- Kitchen / Breakfast / Family Room (8.17m x 10.2m)
- L-shaped kitchen with fitted cupboards and units with a centre island with live gas range with six gas ring hob, fuel stove, recessed lighting over, sink unit, tiled splashback, plumbed for a dishwasher, tiled ceramic floor, two velux windows, double doors out to the rear garden. Door through to
- Utility Area (2.14m x 2.17m)
- plumbed for washing machine and dryer, work surfaces, tiled ceramic floor and door leading to the side passage.
- with large hotpress containng Viessmann gas boiler
- Master Bedroom (5.19m x 3.62m)
- with ceiling coving, fitted wardrobes and vanity area.
- Bedroom 2 (4.59m x 3.64m)
- with ceiling coving.
- Bedroom 3 (3.20m x 2.18m)
- with hatch to attic.
- Bedroom 4 (3.16m x 2.45m)
- Bathroom (3.07m x 2.18m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., bath, separate step-in shower with Monsoon head, heated towel rail, recessed lighting, tiled ceramic floor, tiled and mosaic walls.
The concrete and beach pebbled drive to the front of the house offers excellent off-street car parking and is bordered by mature laurel hedging, granite kerbing and seasonal shrubs providing additional colour. There is a gated side passage-way providing access to the rear and also the utility room. The back-garden is decorated with raised flower-beds and a patio, perfectly placed to catch the afternoon and evening sunshine. There is a large frame over the patio area which is wrapped in Wisteria to add to the al fresco experience. There is also a large barna garden shed (10ft x 10ft) providing ample storage.
BER No. 101301489
Energy Performance Indicator: 214.09 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.