- Beautiful well-proportioned accommodation of approximately 203 sq.m. (2,180 sq.ft.).
- Original features to include picture railing, bottleneck plasterwork, high ceilings and bow windows.
- Excellent off-street car parking for numerous cars.
- Magnificent landscaped rear garden of approximately 27m (88ft).
- Gas fired central heating system.
- Monitored security alarm system.
- Floored and well insulated attic with two velux windows, which could easily be converted, subject to planning permission.
- Eaves storage area of 2.7m x 1.2m (8'10" x 3'11") off Bedroom 4.
- Fitted carpets, curtains and integrated kitchen appliances included.
Internally this delightful family home enjoys elegant well-proportioned accommodation laid out over two floors. At the ground floor level, a refreshing reception hall leads to two beautiful interconnecting reception rooms both of which enjoy mahogany open fireplaces, bottleneck plasterwork, high ceilings, picture railing and original doors, while the dining room offers lovely private views to the rear via French double doors. Standing in the dining room and looking over the rear garden, it is hard to imagine you are only 5km from St. Stephen’s Green. There is a comfortable family room located on the other side of the reception hall while to the rear a large light filled modern family kitchen connects via double doors to a bright conservatory with ceramic tiled floor, linking the house to the stunning Indian sandstone slab patio area and side passage. Completing the ground floor there is a guest w.c. and cloak room off the reception hall.
At the first floor there are three particularly large double bedrooms, each room benefits from a cast iron open fireplace, picture railing and high ceilings throughout. A further fourth bedroom with fitted shelving and access to eaves storage, is adjacent to the large elegant family bathroom with a standalone claw footed bath and a separate step-in shower. The ample accommodation is complemented by the truly wonderful, mature and well stocked gardens to the front and rear, which presents as a particular feature, being laid out mainly in lawn with an array of mature flowers and shrubbery, a garden pond and an Indian sandstone slab patio area wrapping around the conservatory.
Rathdown is without doubt one of the most highly regarded residential addresses in South Dublin, with a wealth of amenities available within the vicinity including many excellent restaurants and cafes, such as Mayfield, Bellagio and JDs Steakhouse, along with local boutique shops and newsagents. This is a prime location benefitting from the extensive shopping facilities nearby at Nutgrove, Rathfarnham and Dundrum Shopping Centres. There are a wide choice of sporting and recreational amenities in the immediate area including Terenure and St Mary’s rugby clubs, the tennis clubs at Rathgar and Templeogue and a choice of golf clubs to include The Grange and The Castle. Numerous activities are also available at the superb parkland at Bushy Park. The area is surrounded by exceptional primary and secondary schools including Terenure College, Our Lady’s Templeogue Road, Presentation Convent and The High School in Rathgar, to mention a few. Located in an extremely well serviced area with regular bus routes to and from the city centre, namely the 15, 15a, 17, 49, 54A, 65 and the M50 is also within close proximity offering access to the arterial road network and Dublin Airport.
- Entrance Porch: (0.48m x 1.95m)
- Entrance Hall: (5.32m x 1.95m)
- with radiator cover, alarm panel, solid cherrywood timber floor and understairs storage.
- Dining Room (4.75m x 3.64m)
- with bow window, open fire with mahogany mantel and surround, tiled and cast iron inset, picture railing and bottleneck plasterwork. Double sliding doors leading to
- Lounge (3.66m x 5.55m)
- with open fire with mahogany mantel and surround, tiled and cast iron inset, picture railing and bottleneck plasterwork. Double doors leading out to the rear garden.
- Living Room (2.74m x 4.47m)
- with radiator cover, enclosed fuse board, ceiling coving, centre rose and solid cherrywood timber floor.
- Inner Lobby:
- with cloak hanging area, intercom, solid cherrywood timber floor and leads to the
- with w.c., w.h.b. and tiled ceramic floor.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (4.83m x 4.13m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards and units, polished granite worktop, sink unit, integrated Nordmende four-ring electric hob with extractor fan over, integrated Neff electric double oven, integrated fridge freezer, plumbed for washing machine, tiled splashbacks, tiled ceramic floor, ceiling coving, hot tap and waste disposal unit. Double doors lead to the
- Conservatory: (4.04m x 5.08m)
- with tiled ceramic floor and plumbed for washing machine and dryer. Double doors and a single door lead to the rear garden and enclosed side passage.
- with large shelved linen cupboard/hotpress with dual immersion and timer, and access via Stira stairs to the floored and insulated attic.
- Bedroom 1: (4.85m x 3.60m)
- with bow window and fitted sliderobe wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2: (3.64m x 4.30m)
- with picture railing and cast iron open fireplace.
- Bedroom 3: (4.43m x 2.82m)
- with picture railing and cast iron open fireplace.
- Bedroom 4/Office : (0.63m x 2.82m)
- with fitted shelving and access to eaves storage.
- with w.c., w.h.b., standalone bath with claw feet and brass telephone shower over with taps, separate step-in shower, tiled ceramic floor, partially tiled walls, ceiling coving and recessed lighting.
The property benefits from a magnificent landscaped rear garden of approximately 27m (88ft) laid out in lawn with well-defined boundaries. This extremely private garden is bordered by mature flowers and shrubbery, enjoys a pond, a log cabin and an Indian sandstone slab patio area wrapping around the conservatory.
BER No. 101695377
Energy Performance Indicator: 243.27
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.