- Exceptionally private and mature site adjoining Bushy Park
- Impressive double fronted family home constructed c. 1947
- Gracious well-proportioned accommodation throughout
- Extremely convenient location adjacent to Bushy Park, Terenure and Rathgar villages
- Floor area of approximately 193 sq.m. (2, 077 sq.ft.) with further accommodation in the converted attic of approximately 25 sq.m. (269 sq.ft.)
- Large sunny landscaped rear garden of approximately 27 m (88 ft)
- Superb potential to extend subject to the necessary planning permissions
- Oil fired central heating
- Digital burglar alarm system
- Ample off street carparking
Internally this wonderful family home enjoys elegant well-proportioned accommodation laid out over 3 floors. At ground floor a welcoming reception hall leads to two very fine interconnecting reception rooms both of which enjoy a lovely private outlook both to front and rear. Standing in the drawing room to front looking out through the bay window it is hard to imagine you are only 5km from St. Stephen’s Green. There is a comfortable family room located on the other side of the reception hall. To the rear there is a breakfast room which leads through to the family kitchen which is well proportioned and has a feature corner window and seating area overlooking the garden beyond. At ground floor there is also a guest wc off the reception hall and a covered side passage accessed off the kitchen with utility area and access to the garage.
On the first floor of this fine family home there are four particularly large double bedrooms and on the return there is a wc and a shower room. A staircase leads from the first floor to the attic where there is a large attic room with contemporary bathroom off. The ample accommodation is complemented by the truly wonderful mature and well stocked gardens to front and rear. The rear garden is a particular feature laid out in lawn with an array of mature shrubbery, herbaceous borders and mature trees. There are 2 patios to take advantage of day long sunshine and also a feature garden pond.
Rathdown is without doubt one of the most highly regarded residential addresses in South Dublin. A particularly popular and much sought after mature family orientated area, exceptionally convenient to both Terenure and Rathgar villages with their wide variety of amenities. This is a prime location being within easy reach of a number of primary and secondary schools including Terenure College, Our Lady’s Templeogue Road, Presentation Convent and The High School in Rathgar to mention a few. There are a host of shopping facilities available including those situated in Terenure, Rathgar and nearby Dundrum Town Centre. St. Stephen’s Green and the City Centre are just 5km away with a wide choice bus services to and from the city centre.
- Entrance Porch (0.8m x 1.5m)
- entered through a hardwood hall door with glazed panels to either side, with tiled floor.
- Reception Hall (5.1m x 1.7m)
- entered through glazed panel door, with attractive parquet flooring.
- Drawing Room (6.0m x 3.9m)
- with oak wood block flooring, very fine marble fireplace with brass hearth surround, solid fuel fire inset. Feature bow window to front with pleasant private outlook. Double doors leading through to
- Dining Room (4.0m x 5.0m)
- with a continuation of the oak wood block flooring, double doors and windows to either side leading to and overlooking the rear garden, recessed lighting.
- TV Room (3.9m x 2.8m)
- with timber fireplace with marble hearth inset, picture window to front with pleasant outlook, recessed lighting.
- Guest W.C.
- with w.c., w.h.b., alarm control panel and tiled floor.
- Breakfast Room (3.4m x 3.6m)
- with maple flooring, picture window overlooking the rear garden.
- Kitchen (6.0m x 3.7m)
- with a range of floor and eye level fitted press units, double stainless steel sink unit, four-ring Belling hob and double oven underneath, Sharp integrated microwave, Miele extractor, Miele dishwasher, velux skylight overhead, feature quad-angle window overlooking garden. Attic space overhead. Door to rear garden. Door to covered side passage with utility area and access to garden, garage and to front garden.
- FROM THE RECEPTION HALL
- A turned staircase leads to
- HALL RETURN
- Guest W.C.
- with w.c.
- Shower Room
- with Mira corner shower, w.h.b. and heated towel rail.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bedroom 1 (5.5m x 4.0m)
- with bow window to front.
- Bedroom 2 (4.0m x 4.7m)
- with two large picture windows overlooking the front.
- Bedroom 3 (4.4m x 3.6m)
- with a range of built-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 4 (3.3m x 4.5m)
- with two picture windows overlooking the rear garden and built-in wardrobes.
- accessed via staircase.
- with door to hot press (under eaves) and door to
- Attic Room (4.4m x 3.7m)
- with two large velux skylights, ample under eaves storage with 2nd hot water cylinder. Door to
- with contemporary bathroom suite comprising bath, wall mounted vanity w.h.b., w.c., corner shower unit with Rainmaker shower, tiled floor, part tiled walls and velux skylight.
To the front there is a particularly large gravelled drive offering excellent off-street car parking bordered by mature hedging, shrubbery and well planted flower beds and a garage to the side of 6.4m x 2.9m (21' x 9'6") with electric up and over door to front and digital security alarm panel for garage which is separately zoned. An enclosed side passage of 9.2m x 1.1m (30'2" x 3'7") with tiled floor leads to the boiler house and utility cupboard and also leads to the rear landscaped garden, laid out mainly in lawn of approximately 27 m (88 ft) bordered by mature flower and shrubbery beds.
BER No. 109036848
Energy Performance Indicator: 352.15 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com