- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Within a short stroll of the superb amenities and facilities in Dalkey Town Centre
- Underfloor heating at the ground floor and in the bathrooms
- Solid walnut doors and floors
- Fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and integrated kitchen appliances included in the sale
- Gas fired central heating
- Solar panels on the roof
- Stunning sea views across Dublin Bay to Howth from the top floor
- Floor area of approximately 159sq.m (1,711sq.ft)
- Stunning Victorian period residence with contemporary modern décor
- Close to popular walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills and by the seafront
- Central communications cupboard at ground floor
A particular feature of this well-proportioned property is the completely unexpected stunning sea views across Dublin Bay to Howth from the studio/lounge on the second floor. They are really excellent.
The rear garden is laid out in patio and is a complete suntrap with a south westerly orientation. It has external storage, a Barna shed, dual outside sockets and a store that houses the gas fired central heating boiler. A pedestrian gate opens onto the private lane to the rear which leads out to Sorrento Close.
The location of this superb residence needs little introduction and is just a quick stroll from the wonderful town of Dalkey which boasts many superb restaurants and shops. It is also within walking distance of Dalkey DART Station. There are a number of excellent schools and public transport routes nearby as well as superb sporting and recreational amenities in the immediate area that include golf and tennis clubs, the leisure centre and swimming facilities at Fitzpatrick’s Castle as well as the wonderful tranquil scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and to both Bullock and Coliemore harbours. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour with its two piers will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Entrance Porch
- Entrance Lobby (1.6m x 1.4m)
- with tiled floor, built in storage, digital security alarm unit and glazed walnut door opening into the
- Sitting/Dining Room (8.5m x 5.3m)
- with bay window, solid engineered walnut floor with underfloor heating, feature recessed circular ceiling with LED lighting set in, Well Straler raised glazed gas fire and provision for wall mounted television
- with understairs broom cupboard, LED lighting, intercom to front door and steps down to tiled floor area, double folding cupboard that opens to a central comms unit housing the digital heating controls, fuse board, links to Sky speaker system, underfloor manifolds for the ground floor and telephone point
- Guest W.C.
- with w.c., wash hand basin, fitted mirror, extractor and tiled floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5m x 3.5m)
- with glazed walnut door opening in, is fitted with a cream gloss kitchen with brushed chrome handles, natural polished stone top, integrated Nordmende washer/dryer, integrated Neff microwave, display cabinets, Liebherr integrated fridge/freezer, pull out pantry unit to the side, Neff integrated dishwasher, island unit set in to the centre with cylindrical wash hand basin, exposed red brick wall, recessed lighting, large 60 x 60 polished porcelain tiles, four ring Neff induction hob with Neff stainless steel oven under, Gorenje extractor over, television set into the units, sliding double glazed sash window to the side, wall of glass to the rear overlooking the garden and sliding double glazed patio door opening out
- with LED lighting and glazed bannister
- First Floor Return
- with archway
- Bedroom 1 (3.4m x 3.5m)
- with vaulted ceiling, large picture window overlooking the rear, fitted shelving, dressing table unit with mirrored back and good wardrobes either side
- with bath with shower attachment over, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with illuminated mirror over, tiled floor, Xpelair extractor and LED down lighting
- First Floor
- with LED recessed lighting
- Bedroom 2 (3.3m x 3.4m)
- with walnut door, solid walnut floor, sliding double glazed sash window looking rear and a good range of built in wardrobes
- Bedroom 3 (4.4m x 5.3m)
- with solid walnut floor, walnut door, a good range of built in wardrobes, twin sliding sash windows looking front with Roman blinds and opening to the
- Dressing Area
- with excellent cloak hanging, shelving and further wardrobe space with storage above the wardrobes, LED lighting and door to
- En Suite Shower Room
- with step in tiled Aquatherm power shower, Xpelair extractor, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with drawers under, illuminated mirror over, w.c., tiled floor and underfloor heating
- Second Floor
- with Velux skylight, door to hot press with water cylinder, immersion and timer that are connected to the solar panels on the roof
- Shower Room
- with solid walnut door, step in tiled Aquatherm power shower with oversized tray, monsoon head, tiled floor, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with drawers under, illuminated mirror over, underfloor heating and Xpelair extractor
- Bedroom 4 (3.2m x 3.1m)
- with solid walnut door and floor, Velux skylight looking rear, built in storage desk with cupboards and drawers under and solid walnut door opening into the
- Home Studio/Lounge/Office (5.2m x 4m)
- with vaulted ceiling, recessed speakers set into the ceiling, recessed circular ceiling with mood lighting, LED recessed lighting, raised automatic gas fire, Samsung television set in with speaker system above, mirrored fronted wardrobes, intercom to front door, fitted shelving and an unbelievable view from the feature arched sliding sash windows that look directly out to Dublin Bay across to Howth and the rooftops of Dalkey
The rear garden is laid out in patio and is a complete suntrap with a south westerly orientation. It has external storage, a Barna shed, dual outside sockets as well as external storage one of which houses the gas fired central heating boiler. A pedestrian gate opens onto the private lane to the rear which leads out to Sorrento Close.
BER No. 113158554
Energy Performance Indicator: 115.74 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.