- Striking detached Victorian home.
- Recently refurbished and extended accommodation of approximately 365m² (3,928 sqft).
- Re-wired, re-plumbed and re-roofed in 2006.
- Double glazed sash windows (all replaced in 2006).
- Gas fired central heating with neo-stat app.
- Sonos surround sound system in the entire house.
- Pressurised water system.
- Interior design carried out by Helen Turkington.
- Ample off-street car parking to the front.
- West facing landscaped garden to the rear.
There are stairs down to the garden level, which has a separate entrance and an under the steps wine cellar/useful store. The fine hallway has a hardwood floor (by the Hardwood Floor Company), three further bedrooms, two ensuite with the master (which includes a dressing room) opening out to the rear garden, family bathroom, study/family room, dining room, second living room, extended Alamere fitted kitchen with pantry, cloaks and utility off, and downstairs w.c.
Outside to the front there is ample off-street car parking for four to five cars, which is set back behind electronic gates. To the rear there is a sunny west-facing astro turf garden with box bordered hedging, flowerbeds and granite patio area.
This highly impressive residence is exceptionally well-located at the Rathgar end of the prestigious Orwell Road within a stone’s throw of Rathgar Village with its specialist boutique style shops and restaurants and close to further amenities at Rathmines and Terenure villages. There are a number of bus routes, together with the Luas at Cowper within a short walk, giving ease of access to the City Centre which is approximately 4.8km (3 miles) away. There are an excellent choice of recreational amenities available in the area including The Dodder Linear Park, Bushy Park and Palmerston Park and a good selection of tennis, rugby and fitness clubs. The area is exceptionally well served by a number of renowned schools including Zion Parish primary school and The High School, Rathgar; Terenure College; Our Lady’s, Templeogue Road and St. Mary’s, Rathmines.
Viewing of this very special property comes highly recommended.
- HALL FLOOR LEVEL
- Reception Hall: (2.40m x 6.40m)
- with timber panelling, high ceilings, ornate ceiling coving and recessed downlighting.
- Guest W.C.:
- with pedestal w.h.b., w.c. and glazed tiled floor.
- Living Room: (5.20m x 5.20m)
- with high ceilings, polished sandstone fireplace, coal effect gas fire, cast iron inset, marble hearth, ceiling coving, picture rail, recessed downlighting and double doors through to:
- Sitting Room: (5.20m x 5.00m)
- (to the rear) with polished sandstone fireplace, coal effect gas fire, panelled walls, high ceilings with recessed down lighting, ornate coving, picture rail and sash window overlooking the rear garden.
- Bedroom 4 (Front): (5.10m x 5.50m)
- off the hall, with fitted wardrobes and step in tiled shower, pedestal whb and wc, high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail and recessed down lighting.
- Bedroom 5 (Rear): (5.00m x 5.40m)
- measurement exluding en-suite (to the rear), with high ceilings, picture rail, ornate ceiling coving and recessed downlighting.
- with pedestal whb, wc, shower, glazed tiled floor and part glazed tiled walls.
- Gallery Effect Staircase
- off the hall, leading to:
- GARDEN LEVEL:
- with separate entrance and
- Storage/Wine Cellar
- under stairs storage/cellar.
- Hallway (2.30m x 12.0m)
- with dark oak timber flooring (possibly walnut) with excellent storage space/linen store and under stairs cloaks cupboard.
- Bedroom 1 (Front): (4.80m x 4.80m)
- with timber panelled walls, fitted wardrobes, recessed down lighting and ceiling coving.
- En-Suite & Dressing Room: (1.90m x 7.90m)
- overall measurement, with his and hers w.h.b., with presses beneath, w.c., Victorian four claw cast iron bath, step in tiled shower, part timber panelled walls, recessed down lighting, Velux roof light and painted timber floors. Door to walk in wardrobe with recessed down lighting and Velux roof light.
- Bedroom 2/Master Bedroom (Rear): (6.60m x 5.10m)
- overlooking the rear garden, measurement into the bay window, with fitted wardrobes and two window seats with useful storage and door leading out to the rear garden, recessed down lighting, surround sound and door to:
- Bedroom 3: (3.40m x 4.70m)
- to the front, with fitted wardrobes, recessed down lighting, ceiling coving, timber panelled walls and limed oak timber flooring.
- Family Bathroom:
- with pedestal w.h.b., w.c., bath with telephone attachment shower, timber panelled walls, integrated wall mirror, limed oak timber flooring and ceiling coving.
- Study/Family Room: (4.90m x 5.30m)
- with two sets of folding Italian cast iron doors, extensive range of fitted wall and floor press and drawer units, integrated tv cabinet, fitted shelving, recessed down lighting, two sash windows overlooking the rear garden and oak timber flooring.
- Dining Room: (5.30m x 4.20m)
- with fitted presses, display cabinet, high beam ceiling with recessed down lighting, surround sound, double doors opening to the rear garden and patio area, solid oak floor and double doors through to front to:
- Living Room: (4.00m x 5.70m)
- with polished sandstone fireplace with extensive fitted storage either side and modern solid fuel fire, beamed ceiling with glazed roof and recessed downlighting.
- Kitchen: (6.00m x 5.30m)
- average measurement, Alamere fitted fitted kitchen with breakfast bar/counter, fitted press and floor units, two integrated Miele dishwashers, saucepan cupboards, excellent fitted press and drawer units, integrated double American style fridge-freezer, additional fridge, ice machine, Bauknecht double oven, Aga with two ring gas unit, waste disposal, constant boiling water tap, marble work surfaces and worktops and hardwood floor. Walk-in Pantry.
- Lobby Area: (1.55m x 2.35m)
- Utility Room: (3.40m x 3.70m)
- overall measurement, plumbed for washing machine and dryer, good floor and wall press units, marble worktops, surround sound, gas fired central heating and digital mood controlled lighting.
- Downstairs W.C.:
- with w.h.b., w.c., timber panelling and hardwood floor.
To the front there is electronically controlled gated access to a gravelled driveway with ample off street car parking for 4/5 cars. The rear garden is laid in astro turf low maintenance lawn, with box hedging, flower beds, and a large granite patio.
BER No. 109026500
Energy Performance Indicator: 274.63 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org