- Strain built residence dating to 1930
- Superb condition and remarkably presented throughout
- Wonderful landscaped gardens both to front and rear
- Detached domestic garage and domestic store
- GFCH with zoned heating and modern boiler
- Feature gas fire range
- Bespoke rustic style kitchen
- Bright spacious airy accommodation with many period features intact
- Converted attic room
- Utility room
The garden has a beautiful manicured lawn with mature hedges and shrubbery’s bordering. The rear garden is no less impressive where French doors from the sun lounge leading to a sandstone patio area and in turn a raised sandstone paved plinth which is a veritable sun trap. The stepped gardens have a lawn with raised flowerbeds and a rockery and is afforded a good deal of privacy. To the side there is a detached domestic garage.
Porch way leads to a recessed door and in turn to a splendid bright airy entrance hall with under stairs storage. All the ground floor accommodation radiates off the hallway and the front reception boasts a wonderful bay window overlooking the front garden with feature fireplace with cast iron surround, cornicing, central rose and coving. Sliding doors access the second reception room and in turn double doors lead to the kitchen which is also accessed via the hallway. The kitchen has been extended where velux windows provide oodles of natural light in tandem with extensive double glazing to the side.
The Kitchen and dining are in open plan format with a rustic style kitchen with Chinese slats. There is a utility and a WC off the dining area and one then enters the sun lounge to the rear which in turn gives access to the rear garden. Beautiful feature wood burning stove in the sun lounge. Velux windows providing natural light.
At first level there are three double bedrooms, one of which has a feature fireplace.
At first floor level there is a luxuriant expansive bathroom, fully tiled with the highest quality sanitary wear. The attic has been converted and again has oodles of natural light.
The property boasts many emblishments and details that will endear the house further to prospective purchaser.
One should note the detailed tiling in the entrance porch and the stain glass window details to the hall door, the coving, cornicing and central roses run throughout the main accommodation of the house. The expert use of double glazing and velux windows that capture the maximum amount of natural light throughout the living accommodation.
The rustic kitchen, gas fired range and the solid fuel wood burner add charm and character to the living accommodation making this a stylish and comfortable family home and there are wonderful landscaped garden both front and rear.
This exceptional property positioned on the Old Finglas Road in Glasnevin, close to Met Eireann headquarters, is a most prestigious and sought after residential neighbourhood. The National Botanic Gardens, Hampstead Park and Griffith Park provide peaceful walks just a stroll from the property. The property is also within easy reach of the City Centre, M50 motorway, Dublin International Airport, DCU and a host of local shops and schools.
- Entrance porch (0.90m x 1.65m)
- recessed doorway into hall
- Entrance hallway (7.10m x 1.65m)
- with beautiful antique style radiator, coving and center rose. Wooden sanded and varnished floor leading to an understair storage cupboard.
- Drawing room (reception room 1) (4.10m x 3.65m ( excluding bay))
- with cast iron fireplace and feature bay window overlooking garden to front. Sliding double doors into dining room. Timber floors, cornicing, center rose and picture rail.
- Reception room 2 (3.70m x 3.35m)
- cast iron fireplace with floral tiled inset, wooden floor and double doors into extended kitchen/ breakfast area.
- Kitchen /Breakfast area (6.00m x 5.50m ( includes the utility ))
- L' shaped room with Chinese slated tiled floor, feature Rangemaster gas hob and oven. Pitched and hipped tiled vaulted ceiling, three velux roof lights, granite marble worktops, Belfast sink unit, traditional French style fitted kitchen with range of cupboards, display units, recessed down lights. Door into utility room
- Utility room (1.85m x 1.30m)
- plumbing for washing machine, dryer, gas boiler located here. Door to guest wc
- Guest Wc (1.30m x 1.00m)
- wc, whb. Velux roof light
- Sun lounge (5.00m x 4.00m)
- bright sun lounge with wood burning stove and French doors to rear patio and rear garden
- First floor return
- Main bathroom (4.45m x 2.85m)
- free standing antique bath with clawed feet, antique telephone shower attachment, separate shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail and fully tiled. Hotpress / airing cupboard.
- First floor
- Bedroom 1 (3.75m x 4.00m (Max))
- double bedroom overlooking the rear garden, with feature fireplace.
- Bedroom 2 (3.70m x 3.60m)
- master bedroom overlooking the front garden, with fitted wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3 (3.60m x 2.10m)
- double bedroom overlooking the front garden
- Landing area (4.95m x 2.90m ( max ))
- stairs to attic room
- Attic room (3.00m x 3.00m)
- with large velux roof light, eaved storage.
- Rear Garden
- Lawned garden, approx. 70ft long. Small patio area immediately outside house. Larger patio area to rear of garden where sun hits later in the afternoon
- Domestic Garage (5.20m x 2.85m)
- Domestic store (2.85m x 1.10m)
BER No. 108406489
Energy Performance Indicator: 247.98
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org