- • Super location opposite UCC & Bons Secour Hospital
- • Close to the city centre ,CUH and Wilton.
- • Double glazed windows
- • Beautiful landscaped gardens
- • Detached garage
With a wealth of features expected from a property constructed in 1920 the current owners have made sure that, where possible, these features have been restored or replaced without interfering with the original character. As a result, double glazed sash windows complete with weights and pulleys, stained glass (internal & external), wide floorboards, picture and dado rails all appear in different spaces. The external façade is also true to form with the use of red brick and dash.
A family home, Oakhurst has the benefit of being located within a short stroll to a host of amenities to include schools (Presentation Brothers secondary, St Josephs primary school, St Catherines primary school & Mount. Mercy secondary) as well as being on the doorstep of the Bons, UCC and CUH. The property has a regular bus service in the number 205 and all shopping at the city centre as well as Wilton is easily accessed.
The accommodation is host to a glazed entrance porch, reception hall, lounge, dining room, kitchen with snug off and utility room all at ground floor level. The return gives a bathroom as well as second w.c. The first floor offers two fine bedrooms which is mirrored at second floor level.
Gas central heating gives a D1 energy rating and the 166 SqM (1,786 SqFt) of accommodation space over three levels is well proportioned and distributed. One of the true beauties at Oakhurst lies within its private, enclosed mature gardens. The south and west aspect enjoyed by the corner site ensures all parts of the garden are in constant use. The clever planting of mature shrubs and trees means the gardens are tucked away from the outside world and offer a haven of peace and tranquillity seldom found in a property which boasts this type of convenient location close to the city. While laid to lawn in the main, the gardens enjoy a selection of shrubs. There is independent pedestrian access as well as double gates to a detached garage and driveway.
Viewing is by appointment only and highly recommended.
- Entrance Porch (1.9m x 1.8m)
- With bright red front door, this entrance is welcoming and bright with extensive glazing. Tastefully tiled flooring completes.
- Reception Hallway (1.8m x 2.5m)
- With access to all ground floor rooms, the entrance hall is welcoming and finished in neutral tones. Tastefully tiled flooring, in keeping with the era of the property.
- Lounge (5.7m x 3.7m)
- A sun trapped dual aspect room complete with bay window in complete glazing trapping all day sunshine. Finished in neutral toned carpet this room has a feature fireplace fitted at its heart. Picture rail, cornicing and high skirting complete this room.
- Dining Room (3.7m x 3.7m)
- A perfectly proportioned room, ideal for hosting guests with double stained-glass doors to lounge beyond. A fitted feature fireplace, exposed wide beam flooring, picture rail and cornicing complete the room.
- Kitchen (3.9m x 3.2m)
- With an Aga Range Cooker at its heart and complete with Belfast sink, the kitchen is cosy and inviting. Clever use of free standing dressers allows for a great balance between form and functionality while a picture window looks west onto the garden. Tiled floor
- Snug (3.6m x 2.6m)
- Currently used as an everyday dining space just off the kitchen, this room is fitted top to toe with bookshelves.
- Utility Room (3.2m x 2.4m)
- Fitted with a selection of floor and eye level units as well as double bowl sink. Tiled over worktop areas. A fitted cooker and gas hob compliment the Aga Range in the kitchen and provide further cooking options for those larger occasions. Door to side yard, gardens and garage.
- Stairs & Half Landing (5.8m x 1.9m)
- Finished with carpet run and stair rods as well as neutral tone colour scheme the half landing window, complete with stained glass ensures brightness to this space at all times.
- Bathroom (2.3m x 2.1m)
- Fully fitted with three-piece white shower suite fitted with corner entry shower. Fitted vanity sink unit. Tiled floor with fully tiled shower enclosure.
- Guest W.C. (1.4m x 0.9m)
- Located at the half landing this two-piece guest w.c is tucked away and complete with stained glass door and gable window.
- Master Bedroom (5.7m x 3.7m)
- Located to the front with two gable windows. Finished with carpet and feature fireplace fitted.
- Bedroom 2 (3.8m x 3.8m)
- At first floor level, a fine double room with feature fireplace and gable window.
- Bedroom 3 (3.8m x 5.6m)
- At second floor level, double in size and exceptionally bright. With feature fireplace and carpet fitted.
- Bedroom 4 (3.8m x 3.7m)
- Another double bedroom with velux windows located to the rear of the second floor.
The property offers a fine corner site which gives extensive lawned gardens. Pedestrian access as well as double driveway with parking. A detached garage of 4.2m x 2.9m offers all of the additional storage space required by family life. The gardens are dotted with a selection of mature plants and trees adding to the already very private, sun trapped space. There is an enclosed outside yard accessed from the utility room which allows for the day to day items and bins to be hidden away.
BER No. 102160108
Energy Performance Indicator: 242.1 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.