- Magnificent detached Victorian Villa dating from circa 1885.
- Immensely private setting yet only a short stroll from the heart of Clondalkin village.
- Ample off-street car parking to front and side.
- Large ancillary buildings to the rear.
- Gracious well-proportioned reception rooms with magnificent period features to include marble fireplaces, high ceilings and ceiling coving.
- The entire stands on approximately 0.4 of an acre of level gardens and grounds.
- Gross internal floor area of approximately 245sq.m. (2,637sq.ft.).
This unique detached home stands on approximately 0.4 acre of generous level gardens and grounds further benefitting from ample off-street car parking to the front and a wonderful truly private mature garden to the rear which benefits from large ancillary buildings.
Internally Oak Lodge boasts grand, beautifully proportioned reception rooms and magnificent period features throughout. A flight of steps lead to the hall door with a most impressive reception hall, off which there is a gracious drawing room with a magnificent white marble fireplace and pleasant outlook from dual aspect windows over the garden to the front and side. At this level there are three additional impressive rooms which provide versatile space and can be used as either additional reception rooms or indeed bedroom accommodation as they are currently laid out. There is also a bathroom at this floor level and an additional room off bedroom two which would serve well as an en-suite or walk-in wardrobe.
At garden level, Oak Lodge boasts additional accommodation comprising of a family room, additional bedroom accommodation, the family kitchen/breakfast room, scullery/utility room and a guest w.c. There is excellent ceiling height at garden level and the entire is immensely bright benefitting from the large windows in each of the rooms. This magnificent residence, and in particular the period features, have been maintained through the years and the sale of the Oak Lodge now presents an opportunity to refurbish it into a truly wonderful family home.
Houses of this calibre offering such potential rarely come to the market. The well walled gardens and grounds of Oak Lodge are an outstanding feature with a myriad of mature shrubbery and trees further benefitting from immense privacy and an important south westerly aspect to the front. There is ample scope to further extend the property subject to planning permission.
This is a highly convenient suburb being a short commute from the city centre either by car or the wide range of public transport amenities available to include numerous bus routes such as the 13, 51x, 68, 69, 76, 76a and 151 together with the Luas red line from the Red Cow Interchange. Ease of access to the hinterlands and countryside is due to the excellent road networks surrounding the area not to mention Dublin Airport via the M50. Many recreational activities are abound including GAA, soccer, rugby, basketball and golf clubs, with an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools from many different denominations including St. Joseph’s Boys National School, Scoil Aine, St. John’s National School, St. Kevin’s Community College, Moyle Park College, Coláiste Bride and Coláiste Chillian, to mention a few. The village of Clondalkin offers many local amenities including boutique shops, eateries and a range specialised facilities. Further extensive shopping facilities are available at shopping centres in Liffey Valley and Dundrum.
- Entrance Hall: (0.98m x 3.07m)
- with ceiling coving, centre rose and arched architrave to the inner hall.
- Drawing Room: (4.08m x 5.02m)
- with dual aspect windows to the side and front, a magnificent white marble open fireplace with cast iron horse shoe inset, ceiling coving and picture rail.
- Dining Room (4.17m x 4.99m)
- with an attractive cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, ceiling coving, centre rose, picture rail and dumb waiter to the kitchen.
- Inner Hall (1.93m x 5.03m)
- with ceiling coving.
- Bedroom 1: (4.14m x 4.99m)
- with open fireplace with cast iron mantle, surround and tiled inset.
- Bedroom 2: (4.13m x 4.99m)
- with fitted wardrobes and vanity area. Door to
- Walk-in Wardrobe: (3.69m x 2.15m)
- plumbed for sink unit.
- Bathroom: (3.19m x 2.18m)
- with w.c., w.h.b. and bath.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- Entrance Hall:
- with large understairs storage with tiled ceramic floor, PhoneWatch alarm system and large storage room/workshop.
- Living Room: (3.81m x 4.84m)
- with open fireplace with marble mantle, surround and hearth, ceiling coving and centre rose.
- Bedroom 3: (3.74m x 4.83m)
- with fitted wardrobes and tiled ceramic floor.
- Bedroom 4: (3.74m x 4.85m)
- with fitted wardrobes and tiled ceramic floor.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (3.93m x 4.27m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards and units, worksurfaces, tiled splashbacks and tiled ceramic floor. Door to
- Scullery / Utility Area: (3.38m x 2.01m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards, sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, plumbed for dishwasher, provision for gas & electric cooker, tiled ceramic floor and tiled splashback.
- Inner Lobby: (2.11m x 2.16m)
- with tiled ceramic floor and leads to the rear garden. Door to
- Cloakroom / Guest W.C.: (0.94m x 2.16m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., tiled ceramic floor and fully tiled walls.
A sweeping tarmacadam drive leads to a large parking area for numerous cars and wide side vehicular passage connecting to the rear ancillary buildings. Standing on approximately 0.4 of an acre, the level gardens and grounds enjoy immense privacy benefitting from a south westerly aspect to the front and side.
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.