- Superbly located family home
- Extensive open plan layout to rear.
- Gas heating
- Off street parking
- Beautiful landscaped gardens and decks
The floor to ceiling height at both entry and first floor level is unusual to find and enhances the internal spaces filling them with light. Features and character expected from a home of the fifties does not disappoint from architraves, window design and heights, fireplaces and external cladding in red brick.
A family home, Norville has the benefit of being within a short stroll from a range of schools to include: Christian Brothers boys primary and secondary school, Scoil Mhuire girls primary and secondary school, St. Angela’s Girls secondary, St. Luke’s co-ed national School as well as having Hewitt and Bruce College close by. Ashton co-ed secondary school is also within walking distance. With the artisan setting of St Lukes Cross and all it social elements on the doorstep as well as the additional wide variety of shops, bars and restaurants on both McCurtain and Patrick Street makes for an easy decision any evening.
Accommodation in brief extends to entrance hall, lounge, kitchen/dining/living area, guest w.c and sun room all at ground floor level. The first floor has four well proportioned bedrooms (three with fitted wardrobes) a family bathroom and w.c. There is an attic for additional storage needs. A fine detached shed to the rear of the house caters for all other storage needs of the home.
The property is accessed via double gates with gravelled driveway giving plenty of parking. The garden is planted with mature shrubs and finished in gravel which is easily changed to lawn. There is an elevated deck to front south facing and giving commanding views. The rear garden is beautifully landscaped with additional decking and mature planting. The rear wall is original stone which enhances the character of this home as well as its overall privacy.
Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate all that is on offer.
- Entrance Hall (6.2m x 2.7m)
- Spacious and bright with glazed front door with extra high ceilings. Finished in a black and white tiled floor. Perfectly arranged and decorated as the entrance to this home complete with radiator cover and high shelving.
- Guest w.c. (1.3m x 2.6m)
- Located off the entrance hall, two piece white suite tastefully tiled in black and white. Floor to ceiling shelving fitted.
- Lounge (4.4m x 4.1m)
- A fine lounge offering 10ft ceiling height and finished with cornicing and centre rose. At the centre of the room sits a feature open fireplace in black cast iron with black marble hearth and finished with cream marble surround. Wooden floors gives a cosy room. Glazed double doors leading to sun room.
- Sun Room (3.8m x 3.7m)
- Fully glazed with solid roof and finished with wooden floor. This room is pleasant at all times of the year. Double doors from lounge and double doors to external deck.
- Kitchen/Dining/Living Room (7.5m x 4.1m)
- A magnificent open plan space offering three uses in one with each element having a clear defined function. The kitchen is fully fitted with floor and eye level units cream in colour with black counter top and includes larder presses. Appliances fitted and included in the sale are eye level cooker, hob, extractor, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Double sink with window looking out to rear garden. Finished with recessed lighting. The dining space is perfect in proportion giving plenty of space for big family gatherings. Double doors leading out to the garden with extra large roof windows brings maximum light through this space. Upstanding radiator and recessed lights gives a modern twist. The living space is open plan to both kitchen and dining spaces and is comfortable and cosy with feature fireplace in black marble fitted with a multifuel stove ensuring maximum heat in the overall space. Cornicing and centre rose completes this area. Finished with wood flooring running throughout. The expanse of this space is an overall 330 sqft.
- Landing & Stairs (6.1m x 1.1m)
- Landing window on gable making this area bright. Fully carpeted with access to attic overhead for extra storage space.
- Master Bedroom (4.5m x 4.1m)
- A fine double bedroom with wall to wall fitted robes. Picture window double in height giving fantastic views to the south over the city and port. Finished with wooden floor.
- Bedroom 2 (4.5m x 4.2m)
- Another double room, wall to wall fitted robes looking over the rear garden with wooden floor.
- Bedroom 3 (3.3m x 2.7m)
- Double in size finished with wooden floor and looking over the front garden and city beyond. Robes with recess for bed and cornicing fitted.
- Bedroom 4 (2.9m x 2.8m)
- A fine single room located to the rear is spacious and bright. Fully carpeted.
- Family Bathroom (2.0m x 1.6m)
- With fitted two piece suite. Electric shower fitted over jacuzzi bath, fitted vanity sink and fully tiled.
- W.C (1.1m x 1.5m)
- Tastefully tiled in neutral tones to dado height.
- Shed (6.3m x 2.6m)
- A fine store doubling up as a utility room. Fully plumbed with the benefit of power. Ideal for extra storage space.
This home is accessed via double gates with gravelled driveway giving plenty of parking for a number of cars. There is mature planting to the front arranged in a gravelled space which can return to lawn with ease. There is an elevated deck to the front of the home which provides outside relaxation space on the southern side to capture sunshine and views. The rear of the property is beautiful and reacts to the topography of the garden offering natural rock outcrops which have been cleverly landscaped against the backdrop of an old stone wall. Decking at two levels enhances the useable spaces and provides a peaceful sheltered haven.
BER No. 112235668
Energy Performance Indicator: 335.8 (kWh/m2/yr)
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.