- Substantial gardens and grounds
- Oil heating
- Convenient location
The history of No. 3 is interesting. The property started its life as part of the grounds of Brookfield House with its fruit farm and orchard. Brookfield house was owned at that stage by The Jennings family and their lands extended from UCC out to the model farm road. The Jennings were a prominent Cork merchant family through the 19th. and early 20th century. They had business interests in chemicals and they bottled and distributed mineral waters. Renowned for their fruit growing their raspberries were the main ingredient of the drink known to many corkonians as “rassa”. With the backdrop of a kiln wall forming part of the boundary in the rear garden purchasers will be curious as to its historical use. It was here that the Jennings family extracted the magnesium from limestone to create milk of magnesia.
The work that has gone into making this home together with its gardens into what they are today will not go un noticed by would be buyers. The property enjoys a steam running to the rear boundary fed from the Glasheen River which rises out at the Viaduct. Viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment.
- Entrance Porch (0.85m x 1.5m)
- Sliding door to front, laminate flooring
- Entrance Hallway (3.94m x 1.97m)
- Large, bright and welcoming the entrance hallway has solid timber flooring.
- Downstairs WC (0.97m x 1.28m)
- Two piece bathroom suite, window to front
- Sitting Room (4m x 3.97m)
- Spacious room with bay window that allows light to flood in from the front. High ceilings with cornicing. Ceramic tiled open fireplace and solid timber flooring
- Living Room (4.06m x 4.05m)
- A fine space currently in use as a dining room and benefits from floor to ceiling glazing along the back wall with access doors bringing the rear garden almost inside this room. Cornicing, solid timber flooring and open ceramic tiled fireplace
- Kitchen (3.3m x 2.99m)
- With a fine big picture window overlooking the gardens the kitchen is well arranged to take full effect of the view. Selection of built in units at floor and eye level with store room off. Ceramic tiled open fireplace
- Sunroom (4.16m x 2.94m)
- Bright and spacious, this room has dual aspect both front and rear as well as dual access points.
- Stairs & Landing (3.27m x 1.23m)
- Carpet, with gable window.
- Bedroom 1 (4.13m x 3.57m)
- Spacious main bedroom which benefits from both a large front facing bay window and second side facing picture window bringing lots of light into the room.
- Bedroom 2 (4.05m x 3.57m)
- Again, a very spacious bedroom with dual aspect windows. There is a large picture window overlooking the rear gardens and a smaller window to the side. Solid timber flooring
- Bedroom 3 (2.74m x 3.07m)
- Currently a single bedroom, laminate wood flooring.
- Upstairs WC (0.9m x 1.3m)
- Two piece bathroom suite, window to side
- Bathroom (1.91m x 2.75m)
- Three piece bathroom suite, window to front
3 Orchard Road benefits from extensive grounds front, rear and side. To the front is a large enclosed, level, lawned garden with long driveway leading to a double garage. The driveway itself offers parking for a number of vehicles. The rear of the property boasts two distinct areas divided by a row of poplar trees. The upper lawn has a beautiful weeping willow taking centre stage and the Kiln wall provides an insight to the heritage of the property. At this level there is rear access to the double garage as well as a sizeable glasshouse. The lower lawn is accessed on both sides by steps and runs to the back boundary with the stream defining its finish. There is independent access from here to the beginning of Orchard Road and another garden shed takes up position here with further outbuildings.
BER No. 108535113
Energy Performance Indicator: 534.67
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.