- Highly regarded residential address
- Within a short stroll of the bus and DART
- Off street parking
- A magnificent Victorian property with a whole host of period features intact
- Extremely generous and well-proportioned accommodation of approximately 244sq.m (2,626sq.ft)
- The People’s Park, the seafront, Dun Laoghaire Harbour and Promenade all close by
- Many of the period embellishments of the era intact
8 Mulgrave Terrace is approached through wrought iron railings offering off street parking for two cars comfortably with the potential to open up the front to provide for more.
On entering the property one is immediately struck by the generous proportions of the reception hall and the symmetrical reception rooms. The overall floor area extends to approximately 244 sq.m (2,626 sq.ft) and the property retains many of the period embellishments of the era including fireplaces, sliding sash windows, high ceilings with ceiling coving and roses.
The rear garden is private and not overlooked and would lend itself nicely to extending into and to construct a modern contemporary kitchen extension subject to the necessary planning permissions. Upstairs off the well-proportioned landing are four excellent double bedrooms, an office/study that would make an excellent en suite. A bathroom completes the accommodation at this level.
The location is of unparalleled convenience being situated on this highly regarded terrace within a short walk of Dun Laoghaire itself with extensive shopping, restaurants, cafes, churches, the Pavilion Theatre, IMC Cinema, the iconic Lexicon Library by the seafront, the East and West piers and the People's Park. Walks abound for children and dog lovers by the sea, along the Metals (dating from 1815) to Killiney Hill and Dalkey along with the secret parks of Royal Terrace, Clarinda Square and the playgrounds at Cualanor and Honeypark. The villages of Monkstown and Glasthule are also within a pleasant stroll. There are excellent primary and secondary schools nearby while the DART, main line trains and many buses serve the town. Recreational and leisure facilities abound including gyms, rugby, football, GAA, hockey and tennis, the four yacht clubs in the marina appealing to sailing enthusiasts while the Forty Foot and Sandycove Beach attract year round swimmers.
- Reception Hall (2m x 8.7m)
- with digital security alarm panel, enclosed fuse board, Dimplex storage heater, ceiling coving, ceiling rose and understairs telephone point
- TV Room (4.7m x 4m)
- with television point, very attractive open fireplace with marble inset and hearth and mahogany surround, picture rail, ceiling coving, corner television unit with storage under, sliding sash window facing front with shutters intact
- Sitting Room (4.6m x 3.9m)
- with ceiling coving, sliding sash window facing front with shutters intact, television point, very fine fireplace with pattern tiled inset, tiled hearth, open fire and mahogany surround with mirrored over mantle and picture rail
- Dining Room (4.7m x 3.9m)
- with picture rail, ceiling coving, multi-paned sliding sash window with shutters intact and open fire with marble inset hearth and mahogany surround
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (4.5m x 3.9m)
- with chequer tiled quarry floor, corner enclosed hot press with dual immersion unit and timer, sliding multi-paned sash window facing rear with shutters intact, built in press units, space for fridge/freezer, built in press units and door to
- Kitchenette (1.6m x 6.4m)
- with press units, drawers, worktops, standalone Zanussi four ring gas cooker, single drainer single bowl stainless steel sink unit, Bosch dishwasher, Zanussi washing machine, skylight, Unidair storage heater and windows overlooking the garden
- Utility Room (1.7m x 6.8m)
- with rear workshop
- Rear Lobby
- with cloak hanging
- Bedroom 1 (2.6m x 4.4m)
- with window overlooking the rear
- Wet Shower Room
- with step in Triton T90Z electric shower, tiled floor, part tiled walls, fitted mirror, recessed LED lighting, Dimplex wall mounted fan assisted heater, box shelving and hatch to roof space
- Separate W.C.
- with slider opening in, tiled floor and recessed LED lighting
- Bedroom 2 (4.8m x 4m)
- with ceiling coving, wonderful marble period fireplace with pattern tiled inset, open cast iron fire, multi-paned sliding sash window with shutters intact, wash hand basin set into vanity unit and double folding doors opening through to
- Bedroom 3 (4.8m x 4m)
- with a painted fireplace with tiled and cast iron inset and open fire, ceiling coving and sliding sash window with shutters intact
- Nursery/Office/Study (2m x 2.6m)
- with hatch to roof space and ceiling coving
- Bedroom 4 (4.7m x 4m)
- with open fireplace with marble inset and hearth and mahogany surround, ceiling coving, picture rail, sliding sash window with shutters intact and wash hand basin set into vanity unit with mirror over and shaving socket and light
- Bedroom 5 (4.8m x 4m)
- with ceiling coving, picture rail, corner wash hand basin set into vanity unit with mirror over, shaving socket and light, sliding multi-paned sash window with shutters intact and blocked up painted cast iron fireplace with over mantle
- with stair leading up, w.c., wash hand basin and fitted mirror
To the front wrought iron railings open to a driveway with parking for two cars, whilst the remainder is laid out in lawn. The rear garden is well walled and not overlooked. It is mainly laid out in lawn with a large greenhouse. A pedestrian gate opens to an old lane access, however, many owners have taken this into their garden as it is in the ownership of the Mulgrave Terrace residents. The garden currently measures approximately 14m (46ft).
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.