- Rustic cottage in terrace dating from c. 1710 which is a protected structure.
- Views of the River Liffey and Strawberry Beds.
- Garden to the rear with south facing aspect.
- On street parking to the front (not designated)
- Area of architectural interest
- Communal garden to the front beside Mill Race River.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Original timber sash windows.
- 10m stepped rear garden.
- Habitable property but renovation opportunity.
- Floor area approximately 78sqm (840 sqft)
Number 6 is a two-storey mid terrace house with an annex to the rear. The accommodation extends to 78sqm (840 sq. Ft) and comprises of an entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen, bedroom and annex at ground floor level with bathroom and fuel store. Upstairs there is a large double bedroom overlooking the rear garden and there is a sitting room that offers beautiful views towards the Liffey and Strawberry Beds to the front. This is truly a peaceful and tranquil leafy paradise. The property has been occupied until recently but would benefit from an extensive renovation. The heating is oil fired heating and the windows are the original sash windows. This is a truly unique corner of the world and a property rich in heritage one would expect to be in the heart of beautiful rural countryside and yet only minutes’ walk from Palmerstown Village and providing easy access to the N4 and M50 road network from which the entire city can be reached conveniently. This truly is a rare opportunity to buy a most interesting and charming property in truly unique setting. Mill Lane is situated off the main street of Palmerstown village and runs down to the River Liffey opposite the Strawberry Beds. The convenience of the location speaks for itself being within striking distance of the city centre and surrounded by an abundance of local amenities including shops, restaurants, bars, schools, recreational and sporting facilities. Liffey Valley Shopping Centre is just a short drive away and the nearby M50/N4 interchange offers easy access to the airport and all national routes. In terms of public transport, the area is well serviced by the 25, 66 and 67 bus routes and the train at Park West & Cherry Orchard is less than a 10-minute drive away. For those that enjoy the great outdoors, the fabulous open spaces of Waterstown Park and the Phoenix Park are only minutes away. Waterstown Park is home to 300 species of plants and wildlife, it boasts eight distinct habitats including woodland, wet grassland and mature hedgerows.
- Entrance Hall: (2.60m x 1.25m)
- Stairwell to first floor level with original stairwell door.
- Living Room: (3.15m x 4.00m)
- Reception room with window overlooking front courtyard fifties style fireplace with tiled surround, recessed pantry and under stairs storage.
- Bedroom 1: (2.95m x 2.15m)
- Single bedroom
- Kitchen: (2.95m x 2.16m)
- Annex (3.10m x 4.40m)
- includes bathroom and fuel store
- Bathroom: (1.85m x 1.80m)
- 3 piece white suite
- Fuel Store: (1.20m x 1.75m)
- Ladder access to the door which accesses rear garden. Rear garden is land locked and a step elevated garden.
- First Floor Level:
- Reception Room 2: (4.10m x 4.55m)
- Open fireplace and the airing cupboard.
- Bedroom: (2.85m x 4.50m)
- Window overlooking on to the flat roof extension which also has door that accesses the stepped rear garden.
- Protected structure information
- A protected structure is a structure that a local authority considers to be of special interest from an architectural, historical, archaeological, artistic, cultural, scientific, social or technical point of view. Details of protected structures are entered by the authority in its Record of Protected Structures, which is found in Schedule 2 of the South Dublin County Development Plan 2016-2022. Each owner and occupier of a protected structure is legally obliged to ensure that the structure is maintained and safeguarded from endangerment
- Service Charge
- We have been advised that he service charge for water and waste for the current year (01/11/2019-31/10/2020) is €475. A new water system was installed a few years ago for use by all the houses in the terrace who all contribute annually.
BER No. 113162192
Energy Performance Indicator: 448.03 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.