- Three bedroom bungalow
- Adjoining self-contained apartment with own door access
- Off street parking to the front
- Gas fired central heating
- Security alarm
- Hardwood double glazed windows
- South facing views overlooking the garden and directly onto the River Liffey
- Large degree of privacy afforded to rear garden
- Patio area to the rear accessing gardens and the River Liffey
- Total floor area of self-contained apartment approx. 51 sq.m (548 sq.ft)
- Total floor area of main house approx. 105 sq.m (1,131 sq.ft)
The versatility of the accommodation will have the broadest of appeal to prospective purchasers. This wonderful residence comprises a three-bed bungalow providing spacious, well-proportioned accommodation, with an adjoining self-contained apartment. The apartment may serve as ancillary accommodation for extended family, provide a valuable source of income, or may be remodelled and integrated to provide a larger detached family home. The property enjoys ample off-street parking for four cars on the front drive, but the jewel in the crown truly lies in the idyllic south-facing rear garden.
The rear of the property offers stepped gardens with a south-facing aspect with complete privacy, and access directly onto the river Liffey. External domestic store, measuring 5.5m x 2.00m, gives side pedestrian access from the front through to the rear of the property.
The main residence comprises an entrance hall, open-plan living/dining room, a separate kitchen, three double bedrooms, a bathroom and a shower room. There is gas-fired central heating. There are hardwood double-glazed windows to the rear that perfectly frame the picturesque view.
A recessed entrance door leads to a bright, spacious hallway off which all the accommodation radiates. To the left is a shower room and one large double bedroom, to the right are two double bedrooms and family bathroom. Walking straight ahead one enters the living room….be prepared to be wowed by the beautiful, ever-changing view looking southwards at a little slice of serene heaven. French doors lead to the garden while the kitchen is entered to the left.
The adjoining apartment has separate access through its own front door. A hallway leads past a study to the left with utility to the right. The double bedroom has an en suite, and then one enters a kitchen in an open plan format with the living area. The same warm south-facing river views are on offer here. A rear hall leads to the back garden and steps bring you down to a patio area, perfect for al fresco dining, and for enjoying this most special outdoor space.
Enjoying a village setting, just 5 km from O’Connell Bridge, properties like this are very rare. The Strawberry Beds remain an area of natural beauty, untouched by the mass development of the Celtic boom, where one can visit the Angler’s Rest, The Strawberry Hall and the Wrens Nest old world pubs and restaurants. This fine residence truly enjoys the best of both worlds, being situated in a rural-like setting yet within minutes from a host of local shops, cafés and restaurants at nearby Castleknock and Chapelizod villages. There is a multitude of local primary schools to choose from, as well as an excellent choice of secondary schools including Castleknock College, Mount Sackville Secondary School, Castleknock Community College and King’s Hospital.
- Main House
- Recesses Porch (1.80m x 1.85m)
- Entrance Hall (1.95m x 4.60m)
- bright spacious reception hallway.
- Shower Room (1.45m x 2.20m)
- with white wc, whb, stand in electric shower cubicle with electric shower and fully tiled wall.
- Living Dining Room (4.05m x 7.15m)
- large open plan living dining room with feature fireplace with open fire and French Doors leading to a raised patio with stepped gardens leading down to the River Liffey.
- Kitchen (2.20m x 4.00m)
- with extensive wall and floor mounted units, integrated oven and hob, plumbed for washing machine, plumbed for dishwasher, window overlooking the rear garden.
- Inner Hall (2.55m x 1.10m)
- Bedroom One (4.00m x 4.35m)
- double bedroom with built in wardrobes and a south facing aspect overlooking the rear garden.
- Bedroom Two (3.40m x 3.50m)
- double bedroom with west facing aspect and built in wardrobes.
- Family Bathroom (2.30m x 2.35m)
- fully tiled bathroom with three piece white suite; wc, whb and enamel bath with shower overhead.
- Bedroom Three (3.45m x 3.50m)
- double bedroom with built in wardrobes and overlooking the road to the front.
- Self-Contained Apartment
- Entrance Hall (2.00m x 1.55m and 3.25m x 1.00m)
- off which all rooms radiate.
- Utility Room (0.95m x 1.95m)
- plumbed for washing machine and with sink unit.
- Study (2.65m x 1.50m)
- home office.
- Bedroom (2.85m x 3.35m)
- double bedroom with built in wardrobe and door to
- Ensuite (0.75m x 2.45m)
- with wc, whb and electric shower.
- Kitchen / Living / Dining Room (6.65m x 4.65m)
- kitchen with floor and wall mounted units, wired for electric cooker, breakfast counter. Living room has a feature fireplace with gas inset and windows overlooking the south facing garden with views directly onto the river Liffey.
- Back Porch (1.10m x 2.25m)
- giving access to a patio area and the rear garden.
BER No. 109540849
Energy Performance Indicator: 373.92 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.