- Most attractive red brick Victorian family home.
- Ample off street car parking to the front.
- Elegant, well proportioned accommodation throughout.
- Beautiful period details to include magnificent mantle pieces and ornate cornice work throughout.
- Exceptionally well refurbished, beautifully maintained and presented throughout.
- Contemporary kitchen with superb day to day family living accommodation at garden level.
- Gas fired central heating
- External and internal intercom system
- Generous 27.5m (90ft) garden to rear, benefitting from afternoon & evening sunshine.
- Rear access providing potential to the rear.
- Sought after, mature residential location within a short stroll of some of Dublin’s most sought after schools.
- Gross internal floor area of approximately 210sqm (2,260sqft).
At hall level there is an inviting reception hall with two elegant interconnecting reception rooms off, each of these rooms feature fine marble mantle pieces and decorative cornice work indicative of the era of construction. To the rear of the reception hall there is a bright study with views over the rear garden, this is a versatile room and could alternatively be used as a fourth bedroom.
The garden level is a particular feature of this wonderful family home, the contemporary kitchen by Arena Kitchens is cleverly positioned at the centre of the generous family living accommodation at this level. There is a utility room off the kitchen, to the front there is a well- proportioned dining / breakfast room and to the rear there is a wonderful bright and comfortably family room with a pleasant views over the rear garden. There is also a guest wc and separate entrance door at garden level. The entire space at garden level provides ample family living accommodation ideal for day-to-day living.
On the first floor there are 3 bedrooms, master to rear with extensive built in wardrobes and two additional bedrooms to the front. There is a luxurious family bathroom to the rear and an additional shower room at the very top of the house.
To the front of the property there is generous off-street car parking which is so coveted in this near city location. To the rear there is large garden measuring 27.5m (90ft) which is laid out with an attractive patio outside the garden room, this patio captures all the afternoon and evening sunshine. This in turn leads to a raised lawn flanked by well stocked mature shrubbery. The property has the benefit of rear access onto a gated laneway to the rear of the property accessed off Bushfield Terrace.
In February 2010 planning permission was granted for a ‘garden house’ situated at the rear of the garden, with pedestrian access from the rear laneway. The accommodation was to comprise a home office as well as a workshop and a guest w.c. This provides the potential to once again look at applying for similar accommodation to the rear.
Marlborough Road is a highly regarded south Dublin address. Situated in the heart of Donnybrook but also equally as accessible to Ranelagh, the property enjoys a wide selection of amenities a short stroll away. Some of Dublin’s most sought after schools are within easy reach to include Scoil Bhríde, Muckross Park, Sandford Park, Alexandra College to mention but a few. The convenience of this location cannot be overstated with every amenity at your doorstep as well as the LUAS at Ranelagh providing easy access to both Dublin city centre and south to Dundrum Town centre and beyond.
- Reception Hall (9.1m x 1.6m)
- Entered via feature hall door with fan light over. Attractive stained timber flooring, feature centre ceiling rose, cornice work, feature arch.
- Drawing Room (4.1m x 4.5m)
- Magnificent ornate marble mantel piece with horseshoe cast iron inset, solid fuel fire, feature sliding sash window to front complete with shutters, centre ceiling rose, ornate cornice work, double doors leading to dining room.
- Dining Room (3.7m x 4.5m)
- to rear, matching marble fireplace, centre ceiling rose, cornice work, sliding sash window to rear complete with shutters, door to reception hall
- HALL FLOOR RETURN
- steps down to
- Study/Bedroom 4 (2.4m x 2.6m)
- Built in sliderobe wardrobes, two double glazed sliding sash windows, feature plantation shutters, pleasant view over the rear garden.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- stairs down
- Entrance Hall (1.3m x 6.1m)
- garden level hall door with intercom, floor to ceiling sliderobe storage providing excellent storage
- Guest w.c.
- under steps, w.c., contemporary wash hand basin, window to side.
- Breakfast Room (4.1m x 4.5m)
- very fine cast iron fireplace, feature double glazed sliding sash window to front complete with shutters & plantation shutters, arch with sliding integrated doors leading to
- Kitchen (5.1m x 4.5m)
- Contemporary kitchen by Arena Kitchens, extensive range of eye and floor fitted contemporary units, polished granite work surfaces, four ring Miele gas hob with Miele extractor over, centre island unit with one & half bowl Franke sink unit, feature Quooker instant boiling water tap, range of pantries, integrated Miele fridge, integrated Miele freezer, Miele double oven.
- Utility Room (1.9m x 1.8m)
- Sliderobe storage, plumbed for washer/dryer, shelving.
- Family Room (5.3m x 4.7m)
- Contemporary glazed sliding door and window providing dramatic view over the rear garden, marble fireplace with gas fire inset, fitted bookshelves & cabinets, rooflight.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- very attractive staircase leading to upper floors
- Family Bathroom
- Free standing contemporary roll top bath, w.c., contemporary wash hand basin, double shower unit with power shower, feature Amtica tiling, double glazed sliding sash windows to rear complete with plantation shutters.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Master Bedroom (3.8m x 4.3m)
- Extensive range of sliderobe wardrobes providing excellent storage, sliding sash window to rear complete with plantation shutters
- Bedroom 2 (3.1m x 4.4m)
- Feature marble fireplace, built in wardrobes, sliding sash window to front complete with plantation shutters
- Bedroom 3 (3.3m x 2.4m)
- Marble fireplace, sliding sash window to front
- Shower Room
- steps up, Amtica tiling, wash hand basin, w.c., walk in shower, feature window to rear.
As previously mentioned, there is ample off street car parking to the front of the property, to the rear there is a very fine 27.5m (90ft) garden laid out in patio with raised lawn and a range of mature shrubbery. There is pedestrian access to the rear of the property onto a gated laneway accessed off Bushfield Terrace. Planning permission was granted in 2010 for a garden room; whilst this planning has lapsed it indicates the potential for reapplying for a similar planning application.
Address: 103 Upper Leeson, Dublin 4
Telephone: 01 6624511 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.