- Beautifully presented 4/5 bedroomed family home in turnkey condition
- Floor area of approximately 150sq.m (1,615sq.ft)
- Stylish minimalist kitchen with top of the range integrated appliances
- Underfloor heating at ground floor level – slimline radiators at first floor level - zoned Heatmiser controls
- Plumbing and wiring in place for solar panels
- Fitted carpets, blinds, integrated appliances and flatground trampoline included in the sale
- Ample storage: under stairs, under the terrace and floor to ceiling fitted wardrobes in the master bedroom
- Private rear garden of approximately 9m (30ft) in length
- Ample off-street parking and secure gate with provision in place for motorisation
- Ideally located in this mature family orientated development
- Within striking distance of Dalkey Heritage Town
Internally the accommodation briefly comprises of a welcoming entrance hall with understairs pop out storage and a walk-in cloaks cupboard. The majority of the entire ground floor is finished in a light and reflective Scandinavian style white oak with underfloor heating. Off the hall the garage has been converted to a bedroom with wet room en suite, alternatively this could double as a home office. To the other side of the hall there is a sitting room with open fire which opens through to a bright and expansive family/dining/kitchen space with two large skylights and a glazed double slider overlooking the terrace. The kitchen is a particular feature of No. 40, it is fitted with contemporary minimalist units in white with a white and grey striped tiled splashback and central island unit which separates the spaces nicely. Behind this there is a utility room with access out to the side and rear of the house. At first floor level there are four well-proportioned bedrooms, the two at the rear offer sea views out to Howth and a sleek contemporary family bathroom completes the internal accommodation. The attic space is floored for storage with lighting and would be suitable for a conversion if it were required.
To the rear there is a suntrap terrace that runs the entire width of the house and benefits from the evening westerly sunshine. Steps lead down to a lawned levelled garden with flat ground trampoline and there is good storage provision below the terrace. No. 40 was externally insulated when the renovation works were recently carried, a new Viessmann combi boiler was installed with zoned heating controls together with triple glazed Aluclad windows making this a very energy efficient home.
Mapas Road is within striking distance of Dalkey Heritage Town which is one of South County Dublin’s most scenic coastal suburbs, it offers an abundance of excellent eateries, services, shops and public transport links to include the DART, No. 7 bus and the Aircoach. There are beautiful coastal walks by Bulloch and Coliemore harbours, together with walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills. Mapas Road is always popular with families who have young children as a result of its proximity to excellent primary and secondary schools and the abundance of open green space.
- Porched Entrance
- with tiled step, outdoor wall lighting and contemporary front door with glazing to the side
- Entrance Hall (4.9m x 2.5m)
- with white oak flooring throughout the ground floor with underfloor heating, Heatmiser underfloor heating controls, digital alarm panel, fuse board, staircase with glazed balustrade, fitted pop out storage under the stairs, cloaks cupboard and recessed ceiling lighting
- Sitting Room (3.6m x 4.2m)
- with open fire with tiled surround, picture window overlooking the front, opening through to
- Open Plan Dining Room/Kitchen/Family Room (7m x 7.5m)
- overall, with fitted shelving, double slider running the width of the property, two large skylights, and recessed lighting, kitchen with a tiled floor, a range of white high gloss minimalist floor and wall units, centre island with large stainless steel sink, integrated Hotpoint fridge/freezer, Hotpoint double oven, tiled splashback, shelving, Hotpoint four ring induction hob, Hotpoint integrated dishwasher, a range of pull out drawer units and door to the
- Utility Room (3m x 1.4m)
- plumbed for washing machine, space for a dryer and fridge/freezer, purpose built cupboard housing the Viessmann gas fired central heating combi boiler, Heatmiser underfloor heating system and frosted glazed side door opening out to the side
- Bedroom 5/Office (3.4m x 2.3m)
- with Velux skylight, window overlooking the front, recessed lighting, oak flooring, and door to
- En Suite Wet Room (2.2m x 1.6m)
- with w.c., wash hand basin, step in shower with chrome shower head and monsoon head, partially tiled walls, chrome heated towel rail and frosted window overlooking the rear
- with picture window overlooking the side of the property, hatch to attic and heating controls
- Master Bedroom (3.2m x 4.3m)
- with picture window overlooking the front and floor to ceiling fitted wardrobes running the width of the room
- Bedroom 2 (4m x 3m)
- with large picture window overlooking the rear with views out to Howth and recessed lighting
- Bedroom 3 (2.2m x 2.9m)
- with pale grey oak flooring and window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 4 (2.6m x 2.7m)
- with grey oak flooring picture and window overlooking the front
- Family Bathroom
- with tiled floor, partially tiled walls, chrome heated towel rail, sink with vanity unit under, large deep-set bath with chrome shower head and monsoon head above and two frosted windows overlooking the rear
The house is approached via a secure sliding gate, beyond this there is ample off-street parking and a screened area for wheelie bins. To the rear of the house there is a tiled suntrap terrace running the width of the property and steps lead down to a levelled lawned garden which measures approximately 9metres in CHAR_LENGTH(30 foot). There is good storage provision under the terrace, and the garden has a flat ground trampoline, planted bedded borders with high hedging making it very private.
BER No. 100268234
Energy Performance Indicator: 149.16 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.