- Period residence situated on Sorrento Road with wonderful sea views from the bedrooms
- Generously proportioned accommodation of approximately 243sq.m (2,616sq.ft)
- Gas fired central heating
- Private sunny southerly front garden of approximately 15m in length
- A short walk to Dalkey Village one of South County Dublin’s most picturesque spots
- Gravelled driveway providing off street parking
- Low maintenance garden to the rear
- Balance of period features and contemporary design
- Fitted carpets and kitchen appliances as listed below included in the sale
- Excellent public transport including DART, No’s 7, 59 & 111 bus routes and Aircoach
- In the catchment area for excellent primary and secondary schools
The property comprises a period family home laid out over three levels extending to approximately 243sq.m (2,616sq.ft). Internally the accommodation comprises at ground floor level of a gracious reception hall, dual aspect interconnecting reception rooms with box bay window overlooking the front, contemporary kitchen/breakfast room with Rational kitchen and guest w.c. At first floor level there are three bedrooms and a family bathroom. The master bedroom is a particular feature here and runs the entire width of the property overlooking the front with a contemporary bathroom en suite. Bedrooms to the back of the property offer wonderful sea views. At garden level there is a utility, study/office, family room, fourth bedroom, shower room and a kitchen/utility area completes the accommodation at this level. There is access here from the front of the property below the front steps, so this could equally be used as a self-contained unit.
To the front of the property is there is gravelled off street parking for two cars leading to a private south facing lawned area measuring approximately 15m in length. It benefits from a wonderful southerly orientation. There is attractive landscaping and paving and it’s a perfect spot for al fresco dining. There is potential access here to the garden level below the front steps. To the rear there is a good sized private garden measuring approximately 5.95m x 9.68m. It is laid out in attractive paving and landscaping. Mantua is tastefully presented throughout and offers a wonderful balance between period features including well-proportioned rooms with high ceilings, plasterwork and original fireplaces and contemporary design to include a stylish kitchen/breakfast room and en suite to the master bedroom.
Mantua on Sorrento Road is very well located being a 5 minute stroll from Dalkey Village which offers a wonderful array of specialist shops, restaurants, services and public houses. Dalkey is a heritage village offering wonderful areas of natural beauty. The village is very well served by public transport to include the DART, regular bus routes linking it to Dublin City Centre and Dun Laoghaire Town Centre and the Aircoach which provides a direct route to Dublin Airport. It is in the catchment area for excellent primary and secondary schools including Loreto NS and secondary school, Harold Boys NS, St. Patrick’s NS all within easy walking distance as well as Castle Park, CBC Monkstown, Holy Child Killiney, St. Joseph of Cluny and Rathdown. There are a wide range of amenities nearby including swimming, boating and fishing at Coliemore Harbour and Vico bathing area and walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills.
- Reception Hall (7.43m x 1.8m)
- with chequered tiled floor, fan light over hall door with pattern stained glass set in, dado rail, picture rail, ceiling coving and door to
- Inner Hall
- with access downstairs, recessed lighting, dado rail and double folding part glazed frosted doors leading into the
- Guest W.C.
- with w.c., tiled floor, pedestal wash hand basin, recessed lighting and extractor fan
- Dining Room (3.65m x 4.66m)
- with picture rail, enclosed radiator, ceiling coving, double glazed sliding sash window overlooking the rear, part timber part carpeted floor and double folding ‘parliament’ doors open through to the
- Sitting Room (4m x 5.89m)
- with polished timber floor, ceiling coving, picture rail, very attractive marble fireplace with cast iron and pattern tiled inset, tiled hearth and gas coal effect fire, window seat within a box bay overlooking the south facing front garden, sliding double glazed sash windows and enclosed radiator.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (2.68m x 7.9m)
- with Amtico floor, recessed lighting, Rational kitchen with attractive off white and silver/grey press units, silestone worktop, built in sideboard unit with frosted glazed display cabinets, wine rack, pull out bin, plumbed for dishwasher, saucepan drawers, five ring Bryant gas hob, De Dietrich stainless steel chimney effect extractor, De Dietrich stainless steel double oven, fitted shelving, pull out display cabinet units, corner stainless steel sink unit with single drainer one side and one and a half bowl sink unit, window looking out rear, silestone splashback and upstands, stainless steel Liebherr larder fridge and larder freezer, enclosed microwave and speakers in the ceiling
- First Floor
- with feature arched window overlooking the rear, hatch to attic space, door to shelved hot press with immersion and Kingspan Solar digital controls for the solar panels on the roof
- Master Bedroom (4.6m x 5.6m)
- with twin sliding sash double glazed windows overlooking the south facing front garden and up Dalkey Hill, ceiling coving, picture rail, excellent range of custom built in wardrobes with centre chest of drawers, open marble fireplace with cast iron inset and stone hearth and door to
- En Suite Bathroom
- with step in tiled Grohe power shower with air jet Monsoon head, large fitted shelf, auxiliary hose, wall mounted w.c., semi-pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, large Velux skylight, recessed lighting, extractor, fitted mirror, free standing bath with auxiliary hose and tall chrome heated towel rail
- Inner Landing (1.1m x 3.7m)
- Bedroom 2 (3.65m x 2.76m)
- with picture window overlooking the rear offering sea views, picture rail and range of built in wardrobes
- Guest Shower Room
- with step in tiled power shower, pedestal wash hand basin, wall mounted w.c., tiled floor, part tiled walls, fitted mirror, tall chrome heated towel rail, hatch to roof space, recessed lighting and extractor fan
- with Velux skylight, recessed lighting and leads through to
- Bedroom 3 (2.9m x 3.5m)
- with double folding doors opening in, picture window overlooking the rear with sea views and built in wardrobe.
- Garden Level
- Hallway (1.75m x 6.78m)
- with porcelain tiled floor
- Understairs Utility Area
- with stainless steel sink unit, cupboards, shelving, space for fridge, plumbed for washing machine, Baxi gas fired central heating boiler, digital heating controls and timer and access out to the rear garden via double glazed door
- Study (1.7m x 4.4m)
- with polished porcelain tiled floor, solid walnut fitted desk unit with shelving, cupboards and drawers, window which used to be a door out front, fitted shelving and fuse board
- Family Room (4.5m x 3.4m)
- with recessed lighting, enclosed radiator, a range of storage cupboards and window overlooking rear
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled Mira shower, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, w.c., tiled floor, part tiled walls, recessed lighting, extractor fan, mirrored fronted storage press and enclosed radiator
- Bedroom 4 (3.75m x 5.1m)
- with solid timber floor, recessed lighting, a range of built in wardrobes and provision for wall mounted television
- Kitchen (3.27m x 2.8m)
- with press units, worktop, single bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, four ring electric hob, stainless steel oven under, Beko fridge, Beko washing machine, extractor fan and door to
- Shower Room
- with tiled floor, partially tiled walls, step in corner Mira shower, w.c. and wash hand basin with wall mounted vanity unit above.
To the front of Mantua there is gravelled off street parking for two cars, leading to a private lawned south facing garden with attractive landscaping and suntrap patio perfect for al fresco dining. The front garden measures approximately 15m in length. There is a small courtyard area beyond this which is currently used for storage/hanging out washing. To the rear there is a low maintenance garden laid out in paving, gravel and lawn which measures just under 60 sq metres.
BER No. 103593786
Energy Performance Indicator: 296.88
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.