- Elegant, well proportioned family home, presented in pristine decorative order throughout.
- Superbly located in the heart of Rathmines Village.
- A short walk to Ranelagh and the LUAS.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Generous landscaped front and rear gardens.
- Floor area approx. 248sqm (2,670 sqft)
- Very fine period features including marble fireplace and ornate cornice work.
- 25 minute walk to St Stephen’s Green.
- A short walk to the pleasant walkways along the canal.
- Security Alarm.
On the first floor level there are three generous bedrooms, the master bedroom with ensuite and all of which have built in wardrobes. The garden level has generous family accommodation, to include a separate entrance from the front and an under the stairs store, with the kitchen/breakfast room to the front, dining room to the rear, and a large family room off the kitchen, and a useful downstairs shower room. The kitchen/breakfast room is at the heart of this welcoming family home (off which there is a shower room complete with antique fittings), and double doors leading out to the rear garden, off which there is a useful storeroom.
3 Leinster Square was built by John Butler, architect, builder and developer, and Arthur Williamson. Leinster Square was originally named Ulster Terrace and Connacht Terrace and was originally gated. Number 3 is superbly positioned on this highly desirable and convenient road in the heart of Rathmines village and a short walk to Ranelagh village. There are an abundance of superb restaurants including Elephant and Castle, Public Houses and excellent shopping including the newly refurbished Swan Centre, SuperValu, Lidl, Aldi, Dunnes, Tesco as well the renowned Mortons in Ranelagh. Other amenities are the restored Rathmines public library, the Stella Cinemas in both Rathmines & Ranelagh, the Omniplex Rathmines Cinema, and a multitude of sporting facilities including the Leinster Tennis and Cricket Club, Brookfield Tennis Club, and the Swan swimming and leisure centre. Some of Dublin’s most valued primary and secondary schools are in the vicinity including St Mary’s, Gonzaga, Muckross Park, Sandford Park, Alexandra College, Scoil Bhride, Ranelagh M.D.S., Kildare Place, and St Louis Rathmines. The location is well serviced by public transport – Rathmines offers multiple bus routes into town, and the LUAS in Ranelagh is a five minute walk away. It is a pleasant 25 minute walk via the canal to reach St Stephen’s Green, and Dublin’s primary business, financial and shopping districts.
Viewing of this very fine double fronted residence is highly recommended.
- HALL FLOOR LEVEL
- Reception Hall (7.70m x 1.80m)
- with feature architrave and fan light, stainglass inset, ornate cornicing and centre rose.
- Drawing Room (6.40m x 4.40m)
- with handsome marble fireplace with open fire, slate surround & hearth, attractive ornate ceiling coving and centre rose and two sash windows with window shutters. Fitted storage unit.
- Bedroom 4/Study (4.40m x 4.30m)
- with handsome marble fireplace with gas fired inset, attractive ceiling cornicing, and sash window overlooking the front, fitted shelving and fitted wardrobes. This could be easily reinstated back to a study, dining room or additional reception room, if required.
- with vanity wash hand basin, w.c., bath with shower attachment, part tiled walls, fitted shelving and victorian style radiator, sash window with window shutters, recessed down lighting, tiled floor.
- FIRST FLOOR & FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Guest w.c.
- with wash hand basin, w.c. with overhead cistern, feature porthole, storage cupboard.
- Landing (1.90m x 4.00m)
- with original baulistrade and useful storage hatch.
- Master Bedroom/Bedroom 1 (6.40m x 4.50m)
- with extensive fitted wardrobes, two sash windows with working shutters, one overlooking the front and one overlooking the rear, attractive marble fireplace.
- Ensuite Shower Room
- with step in shower with body jets and steamer, w.c., wash hand basin, heated towel rail, ceiling coving, sash window with window shutters.
- Bedroom 2 (4.50m x 2.50m)
- with attractive cast iron fireplace, fitted wardrobes, sash window with window shutters, ceiling coving, fitted shelving and study desk.
- Bedroom 3 (4.10m x 2.50m)
- with fitted wardrobes, sash window overlooking the rear garden and hatch with stira ladder to floored attic.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- The garden level has a separate entrance into a
- with tiled floor and understairs storage. Double doors
- Family Room (6.40m x 5.50m)
- A magnificent room with tiled floor, attractive fireplace with gas fired inset, recessed downlighting, and double doors opening out to the rear garden. Fitted storage.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.80m x 4.20m)
- with original T.Henshaw & Co stove (now ornamental), brick surround, tiled sandstone flooring with underfloor heating, hand painted wall and floor kitchen units with Belfast sink unit, deDetrich five ring gas hob with extractor fan over, Bosch combi oven/microwave, deDetrich oven, integrated dishwasher, tiled splashback & surround, wooden countertops, double glazed sash window with working shutters, breakfast bar with wine rack, plumbed for washing machine, recessed downlighting, double french doors leading out to the
- Dining Room/Conservatory (4.50m x 3.70m)
- with sandstone tiled floor, with underfloor heating, exposed brick walls, vaulted glazed ceiling, and double doors leading out to the rear garden.
- Shower Room (1.60m x 2.55m)
- with whb, wc, shower, heated towel rail and sandstone floor.
To the front there is parking for three to four cars. Well stocked and mature shrubs, trees, and flowerbeds, and granite steps up to the hall door. Storage/Bike Store. To the rear there is a low maintenance sandstone paved garden with original granite wall, raised brick flowerbeds, and generous outside storeroom/utility 2.10m x 4.40m (6'8 x 14'4). The courtyards to front and rear facilitate all day sunshine.
Address: 103 Upper Leeson, Dublin 4
Telephone: 01 6624511 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.