- Most impressive 1930s part-red brick semi-detached Crampton built family home
- Immense character and wonderful decorative detailing throughout
- Gracious lateral living and bedroom accommodation
- Three fine reception rooms and five generous bedrooms
- Digital security alarm system
- Ample off-street car parking to the front
- Gas fired central heating
- Choice corner position offering potential, subject to planning permission
- Highly favoured mature residential location in the heart of Ballsbridge
- Gross Internal Floor Area of approx. 272 sqm (2,930 sqft).
150 Merrion Road is approached via wrought iron entrance gates leading to a generous tarmacadam driveway to front with ample off-street car parking. At ground floor level, there is a large and inviting reception hall, off which there are two gracious interconnecting reception rooms. To the front there is a drawing room with feature bay window overlooking the front garden and to the rear, a comfortable dining room with access to garden room and a view over the rear garden. To the other side of the hallway, there is a generous family room or breakfast room. To the rear of the property, there is a kitchen and utility room. There is also a guest WC, ample store rooms off the kitchen and an internal garage on the ground floor. On the first floor, there are five generous bedrooms and a family bathroom.
The property, whilst now requiring updating, retains many of the wonderful period details indicative of the era of construction to include exceptionally fine carpentry and feature stained glass windows. The entire enjoys immense character throughout and now provides ample opportunity to create a home of true distinction in this first-class residential location. The prominent corner site affords immense potential to extend the existing residence to the side or indeed to potentially construct an additional residence subject to planning permission.
Merrion Road is a highly favoured residential address in the heart of Ballsbridge, a short walk from shops, churches, schools and close to Elm Park Golf Club, St. Vincent’s Hospital, the RDS, Herbert Park and the university campus at Belfield. The area is well-serviced by public transport and there is an excellent bus service to and from the city centre and the local DART station at Sydney Parade Avenue is within easy walking distance.
- September 22nd 2018 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Hardwood Hall Door
- with feature stained glass panels leading to
- Reception Hall
- Drawing Room (4.2m x 6m)
- into bay window with tiled fireplace and mahogany surround. Sliding doors leading to
- Dining Room (4.2m x 3.5m)
- with tiled fireplace and mahogany surround. Door leading to
- Conservatory (2.5m x 3.3m)
- with view over rear garden. Door to rear garden.
- Family Room (4.2m x 4.7m)
- with feature art deco tiled mantelpiece tiled inset with mahogany surround and picture window to front.
- Cloakroom (3.1m x 1.95m)
- with whb and window to rear.
- Separate WC
- with window to rear
- Kitchen (4.2m x 3.5m)
- with fitted press units, sink unit, four ring gas hob, electric plate and side oven underneath. Terrazzo floor, window overlooking rear garden and door to
- Side Lobby (1.9m x 1.6m)
- with door to rear garden.
- Coal Store
- Utility Room (1.9m x 1.9m)
- plumbed for washing machine, w.c., window to side
- Guest WC
- First Floor
- Large landing with feature stained glass window.
- Bedroom 1 (4.3m x 4.3m)
- with tiled fireplace. Picture window overlooking the rear garden (to rear)
- Bedroom 2 (5.5m x 4.4m)
- feature bay front window and brick fireplace.
- Bedroom 3 (5.3m x 3.8m)
- with en-suite and window to front and mahogany fireplace
- Bedroom 4 (3.9m x 3.7m)
- (to rear) with tiled fireplace and window to rear
- with bath and w.h.b.
- Separate WC
- Bedroom 5 (3.3m x 3.1m)
- with whb and window to front
- On landing.
- Garage (3m x 4.7m)
- with double doors to front. Arca gas boiler.
As previously mentioned, there is ample off-street car parking to the front of the property. There is a large side garden offering potential to extend the existing dwelling or indeed potentially develop a separate dwelling on the site subject to planning permission. To the rear, there is a mature level lawn garden measuring 28.17m wide and 12m in length.
BER No. 110786845
Energy Performance Indicator: 262.28 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 103 Upper Leeson, Dublin 4
Telephone: 01 6624511 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.