- Landmark Georgian residence.
- Positioned on beautiful grounds of approx. 3 ha / 7 & ½ acres.
- Classical Georgian architectural embellishments throughout.
- Beautiful entrance hall with feature arch landing window with original carved staircase.
- Three main reception rooms.
- Large kitchen / breakfast room.
- Study, store and utility area at ground floor level.
- Magnificent master bedroom suite.
- Four additional bedrooms.
- Charming stone Gate Lodge (47 sqm / 505 sqft)
- Stone Barn / Coach House (142 sqm / 1,500 sqft)
- Grounds including formal gardens, paddocks, courtyard, woodland and mill pond.
- Outdoor swimming pool.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Garden workshop.
- Idyllic country setting only 5 minutes from M50 and LUAS at Carrickmines.
- Floor Area: 372 Sq Mt / 4000 Sq Ft
This utterly captivating residence enjoys a truly idyllic setting, at the foot hills of the Dublin Mountains, yet a mere 5 minute drive to the M50.
A peaceful retreat, a few minute’s walk from Kilternan Village, and only a 25 minute drive to the city centre, 10 mins to Sandyford industrial estate, 5 mins to the Luas at Carrickmines. Dundrum Town Centre,and Carrickmines Shopping Centres are within easy reach. There are two primary schools in Kilternan Village, in addition to numerous secondary schools nearby including, St.Gerard's, Rosemont Girl's School, Loretto Foxrock, Aravon, and Wesley College. There are two Bus routes in Kilternan, servicing the city centre, and Dun Laoghaire. Golf, tennis and numerous restaurants and bars are also nearby.
The property is approached along a tree lined Avenue along the northern boundary. There is a delightful original cut stone wall surrounding the property adding to its seclusion and privacy. There is an abundance of mature trees, shrubs, and flowers, as well as many lawned areas, big enough for a tennis court if desired.
Kilternan Lodge, has all the fine characteristics one would expect of a fine Georgian residence, and embodies all the charm and characteristics of this classical era, including high ceilings, sash windows complete with working shutters, and a symmetrical window grid. The property was further enhanced 40 years ago with a two storey extension to the rear, which seamlessly blends the old with the new, adding a stunning drawing room with large sash windows arranged in a semi-circle to capture the wonderful views and sunshine. Above this is a wonderful master bedroom, with dressing room and bathroom.
Adjoining the main residence is a most attractive stone Barn / Coach House(142 sq.m/1,500sq,ft) ,also a Gate Lodge (47sqm/505sq.ft) at the entrance to the property ,which is zoned for development. The property if further enhanced by a river, running through the western side of the property, a large pond and a swimming pool.
The property has been lovingly maintained over the last 40 years by the present owners, and offers a warmth of character and charm seldom found. Upon entering, there is a large hallway, with feature arch, landing window, and original staircase leading to the upper floors. The three principle reception rooms, sitting room, dining room, and drawing room are all accessed from the hallway. The kitchen is beyond the dining room, and can also be accessed by another corridor behind the dining room. The ground floor accommodation also include a large cloakroom, office, storage and utility room. Upstairs the master suite comprises large bedroom, with separate dressing room, and bathroom. There are four additional bedrooms, and a family bathroom, all with captivating views of the surrounding countryside.
The Stone Barn/ Coach House; This is a most attractive stone building adjoining the house. At present it is sub divided into three areas with 142sq,m/ 1,500sq,ft of ancillary accommodation ,and has the advantage of 7metre height, with potential for a loft overhead basement level, there is a further 45sqm./ 500sq,ft. of storage space. The possibilities here are endless. You only have to use your imagination!
The Gate Lodge; This is situated at the front gate of the property, on the left side as you drive in. (47 sqm,505 sq,ft) and is zoned for development. Whilst in need of refurbishment and modernisation it offers enormous potential to further enhance the property.
Kilternan Lodge is one of the finest properties to come on the open market in many years, and offers enormous scope and potential. It is a wonderful family home and exudes character and charm . A rare find indeed. The agent unreservedly recommends inspection.
- Entrance Hall: (10.2m x 2.10m)
- on two levels with door leading to rear gardens and magnificent staircase leading to upper floors.
- Cloakroom: (3.10m x 1.85m)
- with w.h.b. and door leading to
- Shower Room: (2.10m x 1.90m)
- with shower and w.c.
- Sitting Room: (5.10m x 4.90m)
- with magnificent fireplace with raised basket, ornamental carved surround, built-in bookshelves and two picture windows overlooking grounds to front.
- Dining Room: (4.80m x 4.60m)
- with two large windows overlooking grounds to front and door leading to kitchen area.
- Drawing Room: (9.70m x 5.60m)
- with magnificent period fireplace with ornate surround and raised basket. Elegantly proportioned room with four windows offering panoramic views of the surrounding grounds to the rear.
- Kitchen: (5.25m x 4.30m)
- with traditional style fitted kitchen with range of cupboards, worktops, sink unit, two windows overlooking grounds to front and door to rear hall / office.
- Office: (4.50m x 2.15m)
- with opening to
- Rear Lobby: (6.05m x 1.20m)
- with door to utility area / rear hallway (l-shaped room).
- Rear Hallway: (6.80m x 1.85m)
- with doors leading to grounds to front and rear.
- Utility Area: (3.90m x 1.85m)
- with velux roof light, plumbing for washing machine, stainless steal sink unit and storage cupboard.
- Store Room: (4.70m x 2.90m)
- with windows to front.
- RETURN LEVEL
- with window overlooking grounds to rear.
- Landing Area: (4.40m x 2.20m)
- Bathroom: (3.90m x 2.50m)
- with bath, w.c., w.h.b. and roof light.
- MASTER BEDROOM SUITE
- Bedroom Area: (5.80m x 5.70m)
- with four sets of windows overlooking grounds to the rear, built-in wardrobes / storage cupboards.
- Dressing Room: (2.95m x 2.65m)
- with fitted cupboards.
- Bathroom: (4.00m x 2.05m)
- with bath, w.c., w.h.b. and window overlooking grounds to side.
- BEDROOM 2
- Dressing Room / Study Area: (4.80m x 2.40m)
- with steps to
- Bedroom Area: (5.20m x 5.20m)
- with windows overlooking the grounds to the front and side and built-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3: (5.00m x 4.80m)
- with built-in wardrobes and shelving, windows overlooking grounds to the front.
- Bedroom 4: (4.80m x 4.30m)
- with windows overlooking grounds to front and built-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 5: (3.05m x 2.30m)
- with windows overlooking grounds to front.
GATE LODGE Living Room: 4.50m x 3.80m (14'9" x 12'6") with door to Rear Room: 2.20m x 2.40m (7'3" x 7'10") with Belfast sink unit and door to side. Bedroom: 4.45m x 3.90m (14'7" x 12'10") with windows to the front and side. STONE BARN/ COACH HOUSE Presently arranged in three areas. It could provide extensive additional accommodation or suit a variety of purposes. Floor to ceiling height of the barn is 7m. Area 1: 7.90m x 5.70m (25'11" x 18'8") with pedestrian entrance and door to the front. Area 2: 9.40m x 5.70m (30'10" x 18'8") with vehicular entrance to front. Area 3: 7.70m x 5.50m (25'3" x 18'1") with two pedestrian entrance, doors to front and window. Basement Area: 8.80m x 5.30m (28'10" x 17'5") below the barn / loft building area. This is accessed from the garden to the side.
Address: 11 Main Street, Dundrum, Dublin 14
Telephone: 01-296 3662 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org