- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Potential for further development subject to the necessary planning permissions
- Close to the DART and Killiney Beach
- Road frontage of approximately 50 m (164 ft)
- Site area of approximately 0.36 Ha (0.9 acre)
- South facing orientation
- Zoned Objective A – “to protect and/or improve residential amenity”
- Freehold title
- Floor area of approximately 310 sqm (3,335 sqft)
- Gas fired central heating
- Excellent gated off street car parking
- Surrounded by primary and secondary schools, recreation and leisure activities
Kilmuire is approached via granite pillared entrance gates that open into off street parking for numerous cars. The spacious, bright and airy accommodation extends to approximately 310sq.m (3,335sq.ft). Downstairs off the reception hall are three excellent reception rooms, two of which overlook the sunny south facing well stocked mature gardens. Next is the generous kitchen/breakfast room with a utility and guest w.c. completing the accommodation at this level. There is a large cellar store below the sitting room accessed off the inner hall. Upstairs there are seven bedrooms, a large bathroom and two w.c’s. The property has been well maintained, although would now benefit from upgrading and modernisation to bring it up to present modern day standards.
The gardens are a particular feature of this stunning property and offer vast potential for a scheme/development subject to the necessary planning permissions. The entire site extends to approximately 0.36 Ha (0.9 acre) and enjoys a sunny sought after south facing rear orientation with the Ashurst development situated below. There is road frontage to the front onto Military Road which is approximately 50m (164ft) in length.
Situated in an area zoned ‘Objective A’ which under the current 2016 – 2022 Dun Laoghaire Development Plan is referenced “to protect and/or improve residential amenity”.
On this basis and as the title to the property is held Freehold it is deemed that development is possible subject to obtaining the necessary planning permissions.
Kilmuire occupies a wonderful position on one of Killiney’s finest roads that links Killiney Hill Road to Strand Road. Shops, churches and a wide variety of schools including St. Andrew’s College, Blackrock College, St. Michael’s College, Loreto Abbey Dalkey and Holy Child are easily accessible as are the many interesting coastal scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and along Killiney Beach. Along with the DART, the N11, M50 and LUAS are only a short commute away which make accessing the city centre and nationwide very simple. The airport is just a 30 minute drive away.
- Porched Entrance (2.45m x 2.35m)
- with quarry tiled floor, dual aspect windows and arched entrance with pattern stain glassed hall door opening into the
- Reception Hall (4.6m x 3m (inclusive of stairwell))
- with tiled floor and ceiling coving
- Sitting Room (4.7m x 6.3m)
- with three matching windows overlooking the stunning grounds which are south and west facing, dual aspect window, very fine painted period fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, brass hood and open fire and door to
- Family Room (6.4m x 5.05m)
- with ceiling coving, twin large picture windows overlooking the front garden with the shutters intact, television point, Adam style painted fireplace with tiled inset, hearth and open fire and fitted shelving
- Lobby Area
- with multi-paned door opening out to the side of the property and door to
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled shower, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin and fitted mirror
- Inner Hall (1.4m x 1.95m)
- with fuse board and opens into a
- Secondary Inner Hall (1.25m x 2.85m)
- with digital heating control and opens to the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.7m x 4.65m)
- with a solid oak Shaker kitchen comprising press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, worktops, double drainer double bowl stainless steel sink unit, breakfast bar, space for standalone cooker with brass hood over, tiled splashback, extractor fan, plumbed for dishwasher, space for fridge & freezer and twin sliding sash multi-paned windows looking out to the side
- Laundry (2.55m x 3.3m)
- with twin sink units with single drainers, plumbed for washing machine, cupboards and drawers
- made up of four small storage areas which are under the front part of the house
- Playroom/Office (3.55m x 4.4m)
- with skylight
- Walk In Store
- Bedroom 1 (3.5m x 3.9m)
- with wash hand basin set into vanity with cupboard under and fitted mirror over and picture window overlooking the lovely grounds
- Bedroom 2 (2.3m x 4.67m)
- with vaulted ceiling and partition in between this room and bedroom 1
- Bedroom 3 (2.73m x 3.6m)
- with pedestal wash hand basin, tiled splashback, mirrored fronted medicine cabinet and shelving
- Bedroom 4 (3.7m x 4.45m)
- with built in wardrobes, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboard under, tiled splashback and mirror over
- Further Landing (3.2m x 4.3m)
- that opens into
- Bathroom Area
- Separate W.C.
- with w.c. and wash hand basin
- with step in tiled Mira Elite QT shower and cast iron bath
- Separate W.C. 2
- with w.c., wash hand basin and wall mounted fan assisted heater
- Bedroom 5 (3.1m x 3.6m)
- with built in wardrobes and wash hand basin set into vanity unit with mirrored medicine cabinet over
- Fire Escape
- with multi-paned door opening out with stairs leading down to the side
- Lobby Area (1.35m x 3.13m)
- with hot press with immersion, storage hanging areas with cupboards over and broom cupboard
- Bedroom 6 (4.05m x 3.2m)
- with wash hand basin set into the corner
- Bedroom 7 (5.05m x 3.15)
- with vaulted ceiling, hatch to roof space and it is separated by a partition and the inner lobby and two bedrooms would have been one big room, built in wardrobes and picture window overlooking the beautiful grounds, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboard under, tiled splashback and mirrored fronted medicine cabinet
To the front granite pillared vehicular gates open into tarmacadam off street parking for numerous cars. Garage with up and over door. The garden has a sunny south facing orientation with the overall site extending to approximately 0.36 Ha (0.9 acre). There is road frontage of approximately 50m (164ft) onto Military Road. The gardens are laid out in lawn bordered by mature shrubbery and a selection of mature trees. To the side is a yard with door to garden store which houses the electricity fuse boards with shelving and gated pedestrian door that opens out to the front and boiler house with a large gas fired central heating boiler with digital heating controls. Detached Garage.
BER No. 102223575
Energy Performance Indicator: 443.52 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.