- Underfloor heating and solar panels
- 14 individual thermostatically controlled zones
- Surround sound system and Cat 5 wiring
- Condensing boiler
- Plumbed outside for hot tub
- Bespoke designed kitchen
- Quality tiling throughout
- Quality sanitary wear
- Manicured mature garden
The accommodation at ground floor level gives some of the best use of living space seen in the Cork residential market. The internal flow of living accommodation was thought out in tremendous detail at design stage with a brief to the architect to keep it simple, homely and comfortable while at the same time giving enough space to each of the important elements family life dictates while still being mindful to future proof it.
Extensive reception hall, lounge, teenage den, home offices, study spaces as well as spacious bedrooms and the heartbeat of any home, the kitchen, were all created with that brief in mind. It is clear the architect listened and the combination of all of these elements now delivered as Kennitt House is absolutely breathtaking. The kitchen/dining/living/snug is one room with four uses giving plenty of space to each of the uses and measures an impressive 1,100 sqft. Fitted with a House of Coolmore designed kitchen with top of the range appliances from the Gaggenau, Wolf and Miele lines, this area is bathed in southern sunlight throughout the day with walls of glazing looking out across the mature gardens. The main reception room, the lounge, weighs in at a further 530 sqft and with its dual aspect status is a beautiful entertainment space. These rooms are complimented further by the teenage den. The reception hall is a room of its own complete with fireplace and glazing to show off the gardens beyond. The upstairs has six bedrooms all en-suite many with a suite status boasting walk in robes. Such was the confidence in designing this home that the circulation spaces at the first floor level have been given careful attention to ensure no long dark corridors and instead spaces bathed in natural light. There are two separate access points to the first floor bedrooms.
All of the rooms are individually thermostatically controlled. With under floor heating throughout the ground floor as well as solar panels it is easy to see how this home returns a B2 energy rating. American oak floors, refurbished fireplaces and stripped original timber floors give this home a blend of finishes with stand out quality seldom seen in the residential market in Cork. The property is wired with Cat 5 with a Nuvo system compatible with Alexa and other smart speaker systems. It has a pressurised water system throughout and a boiler of a commercial status to service it all.
- A distinctive black front door set against a backdrop of featured architrave spanning over two levels and set off with a limestone doorstep which invites you to this home and sets the tone of what lies beyond. Discreet external wall lights.
- Entrance Porch: (1.5m 1.8m)
- With American oak wood floor to incorporate matwell the entrance porch is finished with bespoke wall panelling to dado height. Recess lighting and double doors with bevelled glazing to the reception hall ensure a bright and welcoming space.
- Reception Hall: (12.3m x 7.31m)
- A room in its own right and finished with the same American oak wood floor in wide plank, the reception hall has a unique feature fireplace with gas fire fitted and relaxing space either side. Double French doors give access and views to the garden beyond. Creative ceiling lightwell of toughened glass captures light from the upper floor. Moulded cornicing and recessed lighting complete.
- Lounge: (7.51m x 6.6m)
- An extensive room with dual aspect status makes this room one of the finest reception rooms in any residential home brought to the market to date in Cork. A deep-set bay window overlooks the rear gardens complimented further by the inclusion of double doors to access the gardens at all times. Mirrored windows on the opposite gable look to the front. Interior designed colour scheme and finishes coupled with stripped original parquet wood floor blends with original marble fireplace with gas fire inset. Moulded skirting, architrave and cornicing complete the look together with bespoke panelling beneath the bay window.
- Teenage Den: (4.67m x 4.55m)
- A cosy room located in the older part of this home with feature bay window (a sister image to that in the lounge) overlooking the rear garden. This room is decorated in neutral tones and the envy of any teenager looking for their own space. Surround sound, and Cat 5 cabling allows this space to be used for any number of uses. An enclosed stove with gas fire adds further to the enjoyment of this room. Moulded cornicing and a combination of recess and wall lights.
- Guest WC: (1.29m x 2.23m)
- Located off the entrance hall this guest WC is finished with quality tiling to dado height. Vanity mirror and heated towel rail. Double doors to cloaks press beyond.
- Offering recesses cleverly fitted with customised glazed display shelving and discreet recess and wall lights. Picture windows looking to the front garden and an alternative door to access the front.
- We often hear of a room that offers three uses in one and a room that depicts four uses in one is seldom seen. The quality within this room can only be created when the owners are fully involved in the design process to ensure they deliver on their specific needs. This open plan room commands 1,100 sq. ft of space and so clever is the layout that there are areas when sitting and relaxing in one space the rest of the room is hidden.
- Snug: (4.76m x 4.91m)
- On entering there is a cosy snug arranged around a Clear View solid fuel stove set at a slightly higher level so that the eye catches the flame. The stove is set against a backdrop of stone ensuring the heat is thrown back into the room. Double doors from here lead directly to the rear patio and gardens beyond. Full length floor to ceiling window coupled with recessed lighting make this a cosy bright space.
- Kitchen: (4.33m 6.65m)
- The kitchen is bespoke and custom designed by House of Coolmore specifically for this space. The use of different materials combine to bring this space together. A four oven AGA with integrated overhead extractor takes centre stage against the back wall and is housed with floor and eye level units either side. This immediately creates the cosy homely feeling an AGA gives. The kitchen is arranged is such a way that the returning gable wall houses a double oven (Wolf) as well as microwave, integrated Miele larder fridge and freezer and Miele double full height wine fridges. An expansive island at the centre offers a myriad of functions and uses including double drawer Fisher and Paykel dishwashers. A 5 ringed Gaggenau hob with extractor overhead creates a divide to the breakfast counter. The breakfast counter is finished in oak and has an unusual curved shape with additional storage. There is a double bowel sink unit with engraved drainer within the granite work top and an upstand of granite is used to create another division.
- Dining: (8.62m x 6.65m)
- The dining room is set at the centre of this room and has commanding views through walls of glazing to fully appreciate the patio and gardens beyond. The glazing is arranged in returning walls of bi-folding doors with some fixed glazed section.
- The fourth space within the room is the relaxation living space. Extensive in size it sits against the backdrop of an entire wall of glazing giving the feeling of sitting in the garden such is the cleverness of how the space is created. Recessed lighting together with wall lights and pendent lights complete this entire room and allows for the areas to interchange in use. Surround sound is standard here. The entire space is finished with polished limestone tiles in neutral tones and underfloor heating throughout. The use of tumbled limestone tiles on the extensive patio surrounding this space makes it read as one.
- Utility: (3.75m x 3.17m)
- Carrying the House of Coolmore bespoke units from the kitchen as well as the same floor tiles the utility is extensively fitted to take the extra storage of family needs. Finished with a black granite countertop and tiled between floor and eye level units the utility is plumbed for washing machine and vented for tumble dryer.
- Back Porch:
- Giving access to the double garage beyond. Another guest W.C, fitted with two piece suite and tiled to dado height. Fitted vanity mirror and heated towel rail.
- Storage Room:
- Fitted with wiring and control centre for smart homes system.
- Garage: (6.12m x 6.61m)
- Double in size with electric roller doors. The garage is finished with polished concrete floor and gives a number of storage rooms off. A novel idea of wiring for a TV point here means that it can double up as a games room when necessary.
- Garage Storage: (6.9m x 1.9m)
- With plenty of natural light and shelving located off the garage and gives access to the side entrance and gardens beyond.
- WC: (2.16m x 0.94m)
- Fitted with two piece suite.
- The Master Suite
- Landing: (5.14m x 2.18m)
- This side of the first floor gives rise to the master bedroom suite together with an additional bedroom and is a private area separated from the four other double en-suite rooms. The landing is finished with wooden flooring and exceptionally bright with the use of remote accessed Velux. This space is arranged to give a library feel.
- Home Office: (2.01m x 2.55m)
- Located off the landing a perfect private place to work from tucked away from the rest of the house.
- Master Bedroom: (5.82m x 5.63m)
- This large master bedroom suite is breath taking. It looks directly out onto the mature private rear garden. The use of a wall of glazing leading out onto the south facing balcony is coupled with two additional gable windows and two Velux windows to ensure this room is welcoming and bright. Drop down TV hidden in ceiling panel operated by remote. The room is arranged with its own walk in robe to keep it free flowing and uncluttered. Finished with wood floor and recessed lighting and plantation shutters. The balcony is created in such a way that it is sheltered and useable regardless of weather conditions. Finished with tumbled limestone flags and glazed surround.
- Master Ensuite: (3.43m x 3.41m)
- A lovely bathroom fitted with four suite piece that includes bathtub, his and hers wall hung sinks, W.C and extra large walk in shower enclosure. Heated towel rail. Finished in quality tiling and recessed lighting.
- Master Walk In Robe: (2.57m x 1.49m)
- A fine sized walk in dressing room fitted with built in presses, hanging rails and cupboards.
- Bedroom 5: (4.77m x 4.87m)
- This room started its life as a gym room and could easily return to that function depending on a purchasers requirements. A superb double bedroom finished with wood floor and boasting big picture gable window looking over the gardens to the front of this home.
- Three piece bathroom suite fully tiled with Velux window and recessed lighting. Heated towel rail.
- Hot Press: (2.9m x 2.5m)
- A walk in fully shelved airing cupboard.
- The Other Side
- A custom built staircase with painted newels and finished with stained oak threads meanders through twists and turns before it arrives at the first floor. Two large gable windows ensure the staircase and reception hall is flooded with natural light.
- 1st Floor Landing: (4.31m x 6.55m)
- An expansive space flooded with natural light from an extensive gable window combine with a range of cleverly located Velux windows all with remote access. Finished with wood floor and oval shaped feature lightwell this space is relaxing in nature. With vaulted ceiling to the floor above this space is further enhanced with recessed lighting and cornicing.
- Bedroom 3: (6.71m x 4.57m)
- A lovely double bedroom suite offering dual aspect overlooking the front and rear gardens. This room is arranged so that the full focus is on relaxation and the clutter of robes are removed to two separate walk in spaces. Finished with wood floor.
- Walk in Robe 1 & 2: (2.85m x 1.33m)
- (individual measurements) Equal in size these walk in robes are fully shelved with plenty of hanging rails. Fitted with censor lighting.
- Ensuite: (2.61m x 3.38m)
- An exceptional en-suite with double sinks set against the backdrop of a large mirror. Storage is accounted for by wall mounted mirrored presses. With walk in shower complete with Raindance shower head this en suite also boasts a bathtub. Finished with quality neutral tiling, heated towel rail, recess lighting and plantation shutters. Large gable window overlooking the garden.
- Bedroom 4: (3.77m x 4.83m)
- Located at first floor level this is a fine double bedroom with a host of wardrobes, drawers and shelves fitted. A matching study desk or vanity unit gives further storage. Natural light is brought through with two gable windows overlooking the front garden as well as Velux windows to the rear.
- Ensuite: (1.45m 2.12m)
- With three piece white suite fitted and fully tiled. Heated towel rail.
- Beddroom 6: (4.62m x 4.28m)
- Located at the first floor level this double room is fitted with wall to wall robes and corner shelves. Fitted study desk or vanity units depending on the requirements. Bay windows overlooking the rear garden, recessed lighting and finished in wood flooring.
- Ensuite: (1.28m x 3.24m)
- A lovely en suite hosting fully tiled walk in shower with glazed enclosure. Heated towel rail, recess lighting and mirrored vanity storage.
- Second Floor:
- The second floor of this home is given over to just one bedroom.
- Bedroom 2: (3.72m x 6.58m)
- Superb in size this room is a beautiful suite. Bathed in natural light from an extensive gable window combined with Velux this is a lovely room. The roof design gives an interesting layout and cosy feeling. Finished with wood floor and plantation shutters.
- Walk in robe: (1.69m x 2.44m)
- Fitted with hanging rails and storage presses.
- Ensuite: (2.7m x 3.86m)
- Fitted four piece bathroom suite to include, bathtub, shower cubicle, wash hand basin & W.C. Fully tiled with heated towel rail and finished with recessed lighting and plantation shutters.
- Store Room: (1.16m x 3.16m)
- Walk in storage room offering additional storage space.
The gardens of this home extend to approx. 0.7 acres. The entrance via electric wrought iron gates gives way to a sweeping driveway flanked by lawns interspersed with maturity in the choice of planting used and their positionings. The rear garden with its lush green lawn abounds with colour throughout the year. Wisteria, Honeysuckle and Jasmine are combined on a beautiful gravelled archway from the side of the house to the lawned rear gardens. This combination is also used in additional framed archways leading from one area of the garden to the next. Non shed evergreen trees including Japanese Acer are used in abundance to give taller bursts of colour. The patio of tumbled limestone surrounds the entire house to the rear giving a selection of secluded spaces to dine and relax on throughout the day. The patio garden has a lighting plan all of its own and comes alive at night allowing this southern sheltered space to be enjoyed all year round. A feature pond at the centre of this space fitted with fountain and discreet lights is well stocked with an array of fish. The patio has plumbing and wiring for a hot tub. The four seasons gives different emphasis on various parts of this garden. The spring time is alive with colour when the tulips and daffodils burst through. The current owners wanted to make sure that regardless of the time of year this garden was evergreen and the choice of plants used in the borders and boundary include dahlia, camellia, rhododendron, asaliya, hydrangea, phlox lilies, crocosmia, daisies and geraniums. These are planted side by side to ensure there is a burst of colour all year long. A Lady Handkerchief tree flowers in beautiful white and compliments the numerous Magnolia trees and two Wedding Cake Trees. Expensive specimen trees some with links to Kew gardens and specimen plants grown on Garnish Island finish off this magical space. A garden shed is tucked away to the back for storage of all gardening tools.
BER No. 113238562
Energy Performance Indicator: 115.01
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.