- Highly regarded, prestigious residential address
- Original patterned stained glass throughout
- Secure gated off street parking for numerous cars with garage to the side
- Spacious generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 362sq.m (3,900sq.ft)
- Sunny south-westerly facing private lawned rear garden measuring approximately 28m (92ft) in length
- Stunning views over Sandycove Harbour and across to Howth from the upper floor
- Within walking distance of excellent schools, the bus, DART and Aircoach
- Close to the superb amenities in Glasthule and Dalkey villages
- Sandycove Harbour, the 40 Foot and Sandycove Tennis Club on the doorstep
- Overall site area extends to approximately 0.17Ha (0.42 acre)
- Cuala and Dalkey United conveniently located on Hyde Road
- Oiled Fired Central Heating
- Digital Security Alarm
Jerpoint is a beautiful family home boasting wonderful proportions that are expected from the Edwardian period. The spacious, bright and airy practical living accommodation that extends to approximately 362sq.m (3,900sq.ft) has been superbly maintained throughout and is very well presented retaining all the classic features of this renowned era.
The generous reception hall with solid wood floor and ornate ceiling detailing must be seen to be really appreciated with large folding doors that open into the formal drawing room and dining room which are interconnecting both boasting the aforementioned features as well as stunning fireplaces making this a fantastic entertaining space. Off the main reception hall lies a cosy family room with a tiled inset fireplace. This room has a lovely view over the rear garden. To the rear of the house is the kitchen/breakfast room with AGA and a separate staircase to pantry which use to serve as a former Maid’s room. A guest cloakroom and large enclosed tiled porch entrance conclude the accommodation at this level.
An impressive staircase with feature window over leads to the first floor where there are five double bedrooms, three of which face front and enjoy the stunning views down Elton Park across to Howth. The other two overlook the sunny south-westerly rear garden. Off the landing there is a walk-in hot press, a truly outstanding Gail Wall Morris designed quality family bathroom and stairs to an original maid’s quarters or study.
The stunning gardens are a particular feature of this quality family home. The front garden has gated off-street parking for numerous cars and is bordered by high hedging whilst the remainder is laid out in lawn and planted. The site enjoys an impressive width of 100ft and as a result offers potential to further improve the property subject to the necessary Planning Permissions. There is a large garage to the side with garden outhouses behind. The rear garden is very private and not overlooked, bordered by mature planting and trees. There is a manicured lawn, vegetable garden and a large suntrap patio that enjoys the sought after south-westerly orientation.
The location of this superb family residence is second to none being positioned on Elton Park close to Sandycove Tennis Club, Sandycove Harbour and the 40 Foot, as well as being within a short stroll of Cuala and Dalkey United sports ground on Hyde Road. Jerpoint is surrounded by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools including Castle Park, Harold National School and Loreto Abbey Dalkey just to mention a few. The superb amenities and facilities that Dalkey village and Glasthule have to offer are only a short stroll away and Dun Laoghaire Town Centre is just a bit further afield. The bus and DART close by, service the city centre and more schools and the Aircoach runs to and from the airport every hour. There are popular scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and along the seafront and the four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Veranda Entrance
- with quarry tiled floor and double folding doors leading to the
- Enclosed Porch Entrance (3.8m x 2.4m)
- with ceiling coving, dado rail, quarry tiled floor, original pattern stained glass door out to the side and hall door with frosted coloured stained glass opening into the
- Reception Hall (5.8m x 4.8m)
- with ceiling coving, large ceiling rose, solid stained timber floor, very attractive period fireplace with oak surround, over mantle with tiled and cast iron inset and tiled hearth, dado rail and understairs storage room
- Drawing Room (6.2m x 6.2m)
- with folding doors leading in, large bay area overlooking the front with three stunning sliding sash windows, polished timber floor, picture rail, ceiling coving, large ceiling rose, exceptionally fine Edwardian mahogany fireplace with pattern tiled inset, copper hood, tiled hearth and over mantle, pattern stained glass door that opens out to the side, dado rail and large opening through to the
- Dining Room (4.9m x 7.3m)
- with large rear bay window, dual aspect window to the side, original polished timber floor, art deco style tiled open fireplace, picture rail and door that opens back into the reception hall
- Family/TV Room (4.3m x 4.7m)
- with a very fine Edwardian fireplace with mahogany surround, pattern tiled and brass inset, tiled hearth, open fire, picture rail, ceiling coving and large sliding sash window that overlooks the sunny rear garden
- Guest W.C.
- is accessed via a lobby with pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., dado rail, twin frosted windows overlooking the side, recessed lighting, ceiling coving and elevated mirror
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (3.6m x 9.1m)
- with quarry tiled floor, a central oil fired AGA with four ovens and two hobs set into a range with attractive tiling inset and over, space for fridge/freezer, electric De Dietrich four ring induction hob with Siemens stainless steel oven under and pull out Bosch extractor over, Fisher & Paykel twin drawer dishwasher, polished granite work surface, one and a half bowl sink unit set in, a range of drawers and saucepan drawers, video intercom to hall door, telephone point, dado rail and opening through to the breakfast area with tall radiator, built-in side board unit with display cabinets, box shelving and storage, butcher block worktop, further storage, integrated Siemens freezer, central area that has fruit & veg baskets, digital heating controls, under the rear stairwell is plumbed for washing machine and has microwave area as well as extra storage, door to side and sliding door opening out to the rear garden
- Maid's Quarters (3.6m x 4.7m)
- with sliding sash window overlooking the patio area
- with beautiful mahogany staircase leading up
- with ceiling coving and large picture window giving great light into the area leading to service corridor through frosted glazed door to access
- Walk In Hot Press
- with shelving, 210L water cylinder with dual immersion unit and timer, dado rail, part timber panelling and illuminated alcove
- with large bath, is surrounded in marble tiling with dual heated mirrors either side, Monsoon head over, recessed lighting and extractor, painted timber floor, timber panelled walls, tall electric panel heater, very fine oval heated mirror, ceiling detailing, wash hand basin set into granite top, fitted drawers set under and Duravit wall mounted w.c., heated tall cylindrical towel rail and shutters
- Attic Room/Maid's Quarters (3.7m x 4.7m)
- with vaulted ceiling, hatch to roof space and sliding sash window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 1 (4.7m x 3.5m)
- with polished timber floor, recessed lighting, ceiling coving, dado rail, sliding sash window giving stunning views of Dublin Bay across to Howth and down Elton Park, painted cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, hearth and a cast iron hood, door to a wardrobe and television point
- Bedroom 2 (4.8m x 3.4m)
- with polished timber floor, ceiling coving, painted timber fireplace with pattern tiled cast iron inset, brass hood and tiled hearth, door to wardrobe and sliding sash window looking front straight down Elton Park across Dublin Bay to Howth
- Master Bedroom (6.2m x 5m)
- with ceiling coving, twin sliding sash windows overlooking the front, dual aspect window to the side, very fine Edwardian mahogany fireplace with over mantle, pattern tiled inset, tiled hearth and brass hood and television point
- Bedroom 4 (4.9m x 6.3m)
- with ceiling coving, polished timber floor, television point, dual aspect windows looking out to the side and over the sunny rear garden and door to
- En Suite Bathroom
- with pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., bath with shower hose over and solid timber floor
- Bedroom 5 (4.3m x 4.8m)
- with polished timber floor, corner wash hand basin with storage under, ceiling coving and picture sliding sash window overlooking the rear garden
Standing on secluded south-westerly gardens of almost half an acre the rear hall and kitchen opens onto a veranda with quarry tiled floor, which leads to a large patio area. The sunny rear façade of the house supports a beautiful Japanese wisteria, Virginia creeper and scented jasmine. The exceptionally wide site is laid out with a main lawn surrounded by paths and enclosed by a distinctive hedge on stilts of pleached hornbeam giving immense atmosphere to the garden. Mixed borders of shrubs, roses and a collection of spring bulbs and herbaceous plants complete the ornamental plantings. There are some vegetable beds to the side and rear with a number of outhouses including potting shed, boiler house and w.c. to the west of the property. The last of the of the storage sheds opens directly through to the garage out front (14m x 2.5m).
BER No. 109702704
Energy Performance Indicator: 423.58 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01-280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.