- A double fronted detached Strain built family home
- Dual Bay windows at ground and first floor
- Original features including coving
- 3.6 metre ceilings in main reception rooms
- Original fireplaces
- Gas fired central heating
- Off street parking
- Garage to the side
- 3 reception rooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Large east facing rear garden.
- Brick built Domestic outhouses to the rear
- Floor area approx. 230sqm ( 2475 sqft )
Behind this most beautiful and imposing façade lies wonderfully proportioned accommodation with all the style and dimensions indicative of the era in which this wonderful home was built. One enters a large reception hallway with noteworthy decorative tiling. To either side of the hallway are equally proportioned reception rooms, boasting 3.6m high ceilings, original fireplaces and beautiful bay windows that further enhance both of these reception rooms. A mere two steps lead to the return portion of the ground floor accommodation where there is a cosy third reception room and in turn a kitchen and utility room. The third reception room is a cosy room on the ground floor return with two windows overlooking the magnificent garden. The rear hallway and porch has quarry tiling and leads to the rear garden, the garage may be accessed from both the rear garden and front garden. The kitchen is a bright room that opens out into a small additional utility area. The large sash windows provide plenty of natural light throughout the ground floor accommodation.
The first floor return boasts two bathrooms and a magnificent double bedroom, with a feature fireplace, that overlooks the rear garden. At first floor level there three bedrooms, two of which benefit from the wonderful bay windows, high ceilings and original fireplaces with cast iron and tiled insets with a slate surround. The second of these bedrooms has an interconnecting door into the third bedroom that, while being a generous single bedroom, may suit use as a walk in wardrobe or potentially an en suite if desired. Both of these bedrooms are light filled rooms with a west facing aspect overlooking the front garden and the bay windows bring oodles of natural light through. The second floor return has two large double bedrooms on either side overlooking the rear garden, one with a feature fireplace.
While walking through the accommodation one is instantly aware of the natural light captured throughout, as well as the spacious nature and period proportions of all of the rooms. The heating throughout is gas fired central heating and the integrity of the house has been lovingly and deliberately maintained. The front door and side panel has stained glass windows. It is rare that a detached house of this size and quality is brought to the market where all of the original features have been maintained, true to the era in which the property was constructed.
Iona drive is one of Dublin’s most prestigious roads and is situated just minutes’ walk from the National Botanic Gardens, the Bons Secours Hospital and a host of local amenities including shops, schools and churches. There are also numerous sporting and recreational amenities within the immediate area. Dublin International Airport is within a 15 minute drive north of the property, as is the M50 motorway which provides easy access to Dublin and the surrounding counties. The local area is well serviced by bus and railway at nearby Drumcondra and Dublin City Centre is within walking distance.
- Entrance Porch (0.60m x 2.10m)
- Storm porch entrance leading to recessed hall doorway.
- Entrance Hall (7.90m x 2.10m)
- with 3.6m high ceilings, original cornicing and centre rose, ornate tiling and door to
- Reception Room 1 (4.20m x 5.75m (including bay))
- beautiful reception room with 3.6m high ceiling, original cornicing, bay window to front and feature fireplace with tiled and bronze inset and timber surround.
- Reception Room 2 (4.20m x 5.75m (including bay))
- similarly proportioned reception room with 3.6m high ceilings, original cornicing, feature fireplace with brass and tiled inset and timber surround and bay window overlooking front garden.
- Reception Room 3 (4.15m x 3.70m)
- cosy reception room to the rear overlooking the rear garden.
- Kitchen (4.20m x 3.70m)
- with gas fuelled Aga range
- Utility Room (3.05m x 1.35m)
- off kitchen
- Rear Hall (1.95m x 2.10m)
- leading to rear garden.
- First Floor Return
- Landing (1.40m x 3.50m)
- Shower Room (2.00m x 2.05m)
- Bedroom 3 (4.05m x 3.70m)
- double bedroomw with original feature fireplace and windows overlooking the rear garden.
- Hall (1.25m x 1.45m)
- Bathroom (2.15m (max) x 3.85m)
- with bath and whb
- WC (2.45m x 0.90m)
- First Floor
- Landing (1.85m x 2.75m)
- Bedroom 1 (3.90m x 5.60m)
- double bedroom with original cornicing, bay window and door to
- Bedroom 2 (4.25m x 5.60m)
- master bedroom with original feature fireplace with tiled and cast iron inset and slate surround, bay window overlooking the front garden, original coving.
- Bedroom 4 (3.15m x 2.55m)
- Second Floor Return
- Landing (1.40m x 2.05m)
- Bedroom 5 (4.15m x 3.70m)
- double bedroom with feature fireplace overlooking the rear garden.
- Bedroom 6 (4.05m x 3.70m)
- double bedroom overlooking the rear garden.
BER No. 109687491
Energy Performance Indicator: 557.82 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.