- Striking semi-detached Edwardian home built in 1916.
- Substantial gardens and grounds of approximately 0.2 of an acre.
- Rear garden of approximately 35m (115ft) including the large garage.
- Garage of approximately 4.1m x 9.8m (13’5” x 32’2”) with vehicular access onto Villiers Road offering off-street parking.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Fitted carpets, curtains and integrated kitchen appliances included.
- Floor Area of approximately 262 sqm (2,820 sqft).
- Exterior of the property protected only.
The property is well set back from Highfield Road accessed by two gated pedestrian paths, one being from Highfield Road and the other from Villiers Road, with a wide side passage with ancillary buildings, a lovely private garden to the front and further complemented with a wide and large lawned sunny rear garden of approximately 35m (115ft) in length, incorporating a large garage which has vehicular access to Villiers Road therefore offering good off-street car parking. The rear garden also offers separate pedestrian access to Villiers Road.
Internally this wonderful home has been well-maintained over the years offering exceptionally well-proportioned bright accommodation of approximately 262 sqm (2,820 sqft) laid out over two floors. Granite steps lead to the entrance hall which in turn opens into the very fine drawing room and dining room with high ceilings and matching mahogany open fireplaces, a third reception room, being the living room, was originally part of the entrance hall, with a breakfast room, kitchen and shower room to the rear and a lovely bright conservatory off the dining room. At the hall return is the first of the five bedrooms with three of the bedrooms at the first floor level together with a bathroom, separate w.c. and large shelved walk-in hotpress with the fifth bedroom at the first floor return. Many of the original features of its era are fully intact to include stained glass windows, high ceilings, ceiling coving, centre roses and exceptional mahogany and cast iron fireplaces.
The location of this superbly presented home is exceptional being only a short stroll from Rathgar Village with its specialised boutique style shops, excellent restaurants and many other amenities available. Some of Dublin’s most sought after schools, both primary and secondary, are within easy reach including The High School, Zion National School, Rathgar National School, Terenure College, Our Lady’s Templeogue Road and St. Mary’s Rathmines to mention a few. There is also an excellent choice of recreational amenities available in the area including Palmerston Park, the Dodder Linear Park, Bushy Park and Milltown Golf Club. This is a highly accessible location with numerous bus routes and the LUAS offering ease of access to the city centre, approximately 4km away, and the surrounding areas.
- HALL LEVEL
- Entrance Hall: (5.9m x 1.7m)
- accessed via granite steps with ceiling coving, centre rose, picture railing and arch to the
- Inner Lobby: (1.2m x 1.8m)
- with tiled floor and
- Shower Room: (2.6m x 1.8m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., step-in shower, fully tiled walls and tiled ceramic floor.
- Inner Hall:
- with under stairs storage cupboard and door out to the side passage.
- Living Room: (4.9m x 4.0m)
- with bay window, accessed via a sliding door from the entrance hall with ceiling coving, picture rail, centre rose, magnificent Edwardian mahogany mantel and surround, open fireplace with tiled inset and polished marble hearth.
- Drawing Room: (7.4m x 4.3m)
- with bay window, ceiling coving, picture rail, centre rose, open fireplace with magnificent Edwardian mahogany surround mantel, tiled inset and tiled hearth.
- Dining Room: (4.8m x 4.3m)
- with open fireplace with Edwardian mahogany mantel and surround, tiled inset and tiled hearth. Double doors leading through to the
- Conservatory: (2.3m x 3.3m)
- with wainscoting. Double doors lead out to the rear garden.
- Breakfast Room: (4.0m x 4.1m)
- with tiled ceramic floor, open fireplace with brick inset and timber mantel. Arch through to the
- Kitchen: (4.0m x 4.4m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards and units, work surfaces, sink unit, tiled splashbacks, tiled ceramic floor, plumbed for washing machine and dryer, integrated four ring Schott Ceran electric hob with extractor fan over, integrated Zanussi double electric oven. Door to side passage and rear garden. Arch through to the
- Pantry: (1.6m x 1.6m)
- HALL RETURN LEVEL
- with magnificent feature stained glass window.
- Bedroom 1: (4.0m x 3.3m)
- with open fireplace with cast iron mantel and surround, tiled inset, fitted wardrobes and window overlooking the rear garden. Hatch to the storage area.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- Bedroom 2: (3.8m x 5.9m)
- with open fireplace with cast iron mantel and surround, tiled inset, picture rail and ceiling coving.
- Bedroom 3: (7.3m x 4.3m)
- with open fireplace with magnificent mahogany mantel and surround, tiled inset, range of fitted wardrobes, vanity area and bay window overlooking the front.
- Bedroom 4: (4.8m x 3.6m)
- with open fireplace with cast iron mantel and surround, tiled and cast iron inset, w.h.b., picture rail and ceiling coving.
- Bathroom: (2.5m x 2.2m)
- with w.h.b., bath with shower over, partially tiled walls, tiled ceramic floor, timber panelled ceiling, electric heater.
- Separate W.C.: (1.5m x 0.9m)
- with w.c., partially tiled walls and ceramic tiled floor.
- Shelved Walk-in Hotpress: (2.2m x 1.4m)
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN LEVEL
- with magnificent feature stained glass window.
- Bedroom 5: (4.0m x 3.3m)
Standing on substantial gardens and grounds of approximately 0.2 of an acre, this delightful home benefits from a private sunny rear garden of approximately 35m (115ft) laid out mainly in lawn with patio area, large garage of approximately 4.1m x 9.8m (13’5” x 32’2”) with buildings to the side including a coal shed, garden shed and boiler house, further benefitting from pedestrian access to Villiers Road. To the front of the property are two gated pedestrian paths to Villiers Road and Highfield Road.
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org