- Impressive red brick Victorian family home.
- Well set back from Highfield Road with ample off-street car parking to front.
- Bright well-proportioned accommodation throughout.
- Elegant interconnecting reception rooms.
- Wonderful decorative detailing throughout.
- Generous bedroom accommodation.
- Cleverly converted attic providing additional versatile space.
- Full planning permission for single storey extension to rear.
- Superb residential location adjacent to Rathgar Village with a host of local amenities on the doorstep.
- Close proximity to some of Dublin’s most sought after primary and secondary schools.
- Lovely 27m (88ft) level lawn garden to rear with pedestrian rear access.
- Digital security alarm system.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Internal floor area of approximately 212sq.m. (2,282 sq.ft.) with additional 20sq.m. (215sqft.) at attic level.
54 Highfield Road is a most impressive family home approached via electronically operated entrance gates which lead to a large gravel driveway with ample off-street car parking. Beyond the attractive façade lies deceptively spacious accommodation of approximately 212 sq.m. (2,282sq. ft.) with an additional 20sq.m. (215sqft.) of space at attic level. At ground floor an elegant reception hall leads to two fine interconnecting reception rooms, both with feature marble fireplaces. To the rear there is a bright and spacious conservatory which leads from the dining room and connects into the kitchen, this is a wonderful day to day family living space and enjoys a pleasant outlook over the rear garden. The kitchen is well fitted with a range of hand painted press units and integrated appliances. Upstairs there are four generous bedrooms. The master bedroom has a luxuriously appointed en-suite shower room which was originally the 5th bedroom. There is also a family bathroom and a family shower room on the upper floors.
At the top of the house there is a large attic room providing additional versatile space. The entire is extremely well presented throughout and comes to the market with the benefit of full planning permission for a contemporary extension to the rear which would create a large open plan kitchen / family living space to the rear of the property.
The garden is a particular feature of the property extending to 27m (88ft) in length. It is beautifully laid out in lawn together with a myriad of shrubs, flower beds, water feature and mature trees. There is pedestrian access from the rear garden leading back out onto Highfield Road.
Highfield Road is justifiably regarded as one of the most sought after residential roads in Dublin. A wide tree lined road of enviable convenience linking upper Rathmines and Dartry to Rathgar, Highfield Road boasts some of the finest family homes in the area. Number 54 is Located in the heart of Rathgar and only minutes from Upper Rathmines, Ranelagh and Terenure. Residents of this locality are spoilt for choice with a selection of fine restaurants, bars, shops, boutiques and local services to hand. Some of Dublin’s most sought after primary and secondary schools are within easy reach. There are a number of sporting facilities including Milltown and Castle Golf Clubs, L.A. Fitness Club, Brookfield and Rathgar Tennis Clubs all easily accessible in addition to the picturesque Palmerston Park which is also within walking distance. The area is also well serviced by local transport routes including a regular bus and the Luas stop at Cowper.
- Double Doors lead to Entrance Porch: (0.85m x 1.50m)
- tiled floor. Feature hard wood hall door with stained glass panels leading to
- Reception Hall: (8.00m x 1.50m)
- with tiled floor, feature centre ceiling rose, cornice work, decorative moulding. understairs storage. Door to
- Drawing Room: (5.30m x 4.80m)
- with stained timber flooring, magnificent marble fireplace with solid fuel fire inset, centre ceiling rose, large bay window with decorative stained glass overlooking the front. Double doors to
- Dining Room: (4.30m x 4.50m)
- with centre ceiling rose, stained timber flooring, magnificent marble fireplace with solid fuel fire inset. Double doors leading to
- Conservatory: (9.80m x 2.40m)
- with hard wood flooring, glazed roof and very pleasant outlook over the garden to rear. Double doors to
- Kitchen: (6.80m x 3.40m)
- with a range of fitted floor and eye level units, polished granite work surface, Gourmet Pride five ring gas hob with stainless steel oven underneath, integrated fridge freezer, Neff microwave, dishwasher, recessed lighting, door to rear garden and door to utility area.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- staircase leads from the reception hall to the first floor return.
- Bedroom 1: (3.50m x 3.50m)
- with window to rear, attractive cast iron fireplace with solid fuel fire inset.
- with w.c., w.h.b., corner shower unit, tiled floor and two windows.
- STEPS TO FIRST FLOOR PROPER
- Bedroom 2: (4.30m x 4.60m)
- with stained timber flooring, built-in wardrobes, feature cast iron fireplace, large picture window overlooking the rear.
- Master Bedroom: (5.10m x 4.20m)
- to front, with stained timber flooring, very fine Connemara marble fireplace, built-in wardrobes and large bay window to front. Door to
- (originally 5th bedroom) with w.c., w.h.b., shower, built in presses and tiled floor.
- SECOND FLOOR RETURN
- Bedroom 4: (3.50m x 3.50m)
- with cast iron fireplace, large picture window to rear.
- with w.c., w.h.b., feature roll-top bath set on four claws, corner shower unit, tiled floor and heated towel rail.
- Attic Room: (3.00m x 4.00m)
- with stained timber flooring, electric heating, ample undereaves storage, built-in wardrobes and four large velux skylights.
To the front there is ample off-street car parking behind electronically operated security gates. To the rear there is an extensive landscaped garden extending to approximately 27 m. (88ft.) with pedestrian access. Planning Permission: Dublin City Council planning reference 3938/15 www.dublincity.ie
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org