- Double-glazed windows throughout
- Gas-fired central heating – boiler replaced in 2014
- Secluded landscaped south-facing rear garden of approximately 16.5m x 15m (55 ft x 50ft.)
- Superb location being within walking distance to Terenure Village and an easy commute to Dublin City Centre.
- Burglar alarm system which is monitored.
- Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale.
Set well back from the road behind cast iron electric vehicular and pedestrian gates, a sweeping granite cobble lock drive offers substantial off-street car parking bordered with well-defined boundaries and hedging. The wonderfully bright and generously proportioned accommodation in exceptional and tasteful decorative order throughout invites the purchaser to literally walk in and hang their coats. A wide inviting entrance hall incorporating a w.c., leads to the living room to the front and magnificent open plan kitchen/family/living room at the rear, opening through a large sliding door to the south-facing rear garden and incorporates a large walk-in pantry area. There is access from the kitchen to the garage and the playroom is accessed from the family/dining area. Immediately off the hallway lies a formal living room and a generous office. At the first-floor level there are four generous bedrooms, master being en-suite, with an attic room currently laid out as a fifth bedroom, however, could easily be used as a home office. Another outstanding feature of this property is the large south-facing rear garden of approximately 16.5m x 15m (55ft x 50ft) surrounded with a perimeter of mature hedging allowing immense privacy and seclusion. The exceptionally large garage to the side of approximately 48 sqm (516 sq.ft.) and with access to the front and rear offers excellent storage and incorporates a very spacious utility/laundry room. This unusually large space offers the buyers endless additional possibilities.
This is without question a highly desired and much sought-after location being just a short walk to Terenure village, approximately 4km from St. Stephen’s Green. The area is extremely well serviced by regular bus routes to and from the city centre, namely the 15, 15A, 17, 49, 54A, and 65. A wealth of amenities are available within the immediate area including many excellent restaurants and cafes, such as Mayfield, Bellagio and Foam Coffeehouse, along with local boutique shops and specialist shops. Within close proximity are further extensive shopping facilities at Nutgrove, Rathfarnham and Dundrum Shopping Centre. There is a wide choice of sporting and recreational amenities in the immediate area including Terenure and St Mary’s rugby clubs, the tennis clubs at Rathgar and Templeogue and a choice of golf clubs to include The Grange and The Castle together with numerous activities available at the superb parkland at Bushy Park. This prime location is within easy reach of a selection of primary and secondary schools including Terenure College, Our Lady’s Templeogue Road, Presentation Convent and The High School in Rathgar to mention a few.
- Entrance Hall: (5.97m x 2.44m)
- with wainscoting, tiled floor, ceiling coving, ceiling roses, under stairs storage monitored alarm panel and
- Guest WC:
- with wc and wash hand basin, tiled floor and recessed lighting.
- Living Room: (4.69m x 3.71m)
- with solid fuel burning stove, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, bay window and fitted window shutters.
- Study: (3.79m x 2.88m)
- with fitted shelves and window shutters.
- Kitchen/Dining/Family Room: (9.07m x 7.02m)
- with gas log-effect stove with oak mantel and feature red brick wall, recessed lighting, centre island with granite worktops, 110cm Rangemaster classic deluxe with extractor fan over, sink unit, integrated dishwasher, integrated microwave, Electrolux fridge and Electrolux freezer, two Velux windows, control panel for the electric gates to the front, sliding door to the rear garden and opening through with sliding double doors to the
- Playroom: (3.27m x 3.45m)
- which has recessed lighting and a sliding door out to the rear garden.
- Pantry: (3.05m x 2.30m)
- which is off the kitchen area providing excellent storage.
- Master Bedroom: (4.79m x 3.17m)
- with attractive cast iron fireplace, bay window, fitted window shutters and
- En-Suite: (2.60m x 2.33m)
- with step-in double shower with monsoon shower head, wash hand basin with polished marble countertops and storage underneath, recessed lighting, wc, tiled natural stone floor and fully tiled polished natural stone walls, heated towel rail and window shutters.
- Bedroom 2: (3.45m x 3.54m)
- Family Bathroom: (2.38m x 2.51m)
- with bath with monsoon shower head over, wash hand basin with polished marble top with storage under, wc, tiled natural stone floor, fully tiled natural stone walls and radiator cover.
- Bedroom 3: (4.70m x 2.76m)
- with fitted window shutters.
- Bedroom 4: (2.76m x 2.85m)
- currently laid out as a walk-in wardrobe.
- recessed lighting and staircase leading to the attic room.
- Attic Room:
- currently laid out as a fifth bedroom with two Velux windows, recessed lighting and ample storage.
A sweeping granite cobble lock drive bordered by curbing and landscaped garden to the front is set behind electric cast iron vehicular and pedestrian gates. The garage to the side of 4.8 m x 10 m (16 ft x 33ft) with three Velux windows and mezzanine level offers substantial storage incorporating a large utility/laundry room and could easily be converted for use as a large home office, accommodation for au pair or granny flat. It also benefits from dual access to the front and rear. A spacious utility/laundry room accessed from the garage has a range of fitted cupboards, is plumbed for washing machine and dryer, incorporates the Glow-worm gas boiler and dual hot water cylinder. The magnificent landscaped south-facing rear garden of 16.5 x 15m (55 x 50ft) is laid out mainly in lawn with an Indian sandstone slab patio area ideal for alfresco dining, abundant with mature hedging and benefitting from immense privacy and seclusion.
BER No. 105577340
Energy Performance Indicator: 127.39 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.