- Two elegant reception rooms
- Extensive landscaped south west facing garden approx. 50m in length
- Rear pedestrian access to Avoca Place
- Considerable potential to extend to the rear subject to Planning Permission as others have done on this terrace
- Original restored sliding sash windows with shutters
- Feature height ceilings
- Security alarm
- Resident parking permits
- Superb location close to Blackrock Village
- Overall measurement approx. 178 sq.mts. (1,918 sq.ft.)
Harvard Lodge boasts two elegant reception rooms to the front of the property enhanced greatly by wonderful ceiling height and tall sliding sash windows with hand blown glass permitting ample natural light into both rooms. On this level there is also a well-fitted kitchen with views across the extensive rear garden, a utility room and a guest w.c. with shower. With its various sets of double doors Harvard Lodge lends itself to entertaining both inside and out on the large sun-filled patio.
Upstairs, the landing is a particular feature of the property with a beautiful and bright picture window overlooking the front of the house with attractive timber shutters. In addition to this there are two large bedrooms to the front of the property and a third to the rear along with the family bathroom.
Sydney Avenue runs from Mount Merrion Avenue to Carysfort Avenue and is a short walk from Blackrock Village which provides a wide array of shops, cafes and restaurants including the Michelin Star Liath Restaurant in Blackrock Market. The new Frascati and Blackrock Shopping Centres are nearby. The area also benefits from all the conveniences that Blackrock Park and the coastline have to offer as well as Carysfort Park on your doorstep.
An impressive selection of schools is a particular attraction in this area. Primary schools in walking distance include Carysfort, Booterstown and Willow Park. Secondary schools - Blackrock, St. Andrews, Oatlands and Newpark Colleges are also within walking distance of Harvard Lodge. Beyond that the University College Dublin’s campus at Belfield is also close by. Public transport links include the DART, a quality bus corridor connecting Blackrock with the city centre as well as the N11 and the M50 which are both easily accessible.
- Reception Hall (1.76m x 7m)
- Attractive tiled floor, ceiling coving, under stairs storage, alarm. Original mahogany bannisters.
- Drawing Room (4.63m x 4.9m)
- to the front, very fine ceiling coving, magnificent granite hearth, open fire, double doors to utility area and straight out to the back garden. Sliding sash picture window overlooking front. Feature original arch.
- Living Room (4.07m x 4.9m)
- Attractive original pine timber flooring, ceiling coving, sliding sash picture window overlooking front garden, attractive timber fireplace with cast iron inset, open fire, slate hearth, feature double doors to Kitchen.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.4m x 3.6m)
- With a range of overhead cupboard and drawer units, ceramic sink unit, integrated dishwasher, space for freestanding cooker, gas fired Stanley range, space for American style fridge freezer. Very fine granite worktop surface, tiled splash-back, tiled floor, magnificent picture window overlooking the rear garden. Open arch to Utility Area.
- Utility Area (2m x 4.9m)
- Range of cupboards & drawer units, plumbed for washing machine, bowl & half sink unit, tiled floor, double doors to rear garden.
- Shower Room
- Pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., corner shower, heated towel rail, tiled floor, partially tiled walls.
- Return (2.41m x 2.30m)
- flooded with light by 2 large Velux roof lights this area is ideal for gaming / tv; an office and or as currently, a fourth bedroom with clever use of a folding screen
- Bedroom 3 (3.49m x 3.46m)
- built in wardrobe & shelving, picture window overlooking rear garden
- Jack & Jill style, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, bath with shower overhead, hot-press with built in shelving, tiled walls, Velux roof light, heated towel rail.
- Top Landing (2.17m x 3.15m)
- Bright feature picture window overlooking front with attractive shutters, access to the attic.
- Bedroom 2 (3.72m x 4.95m)
- Built-in wardrobe, window overlooking front. Door to Jack and Jill bathroom.
- Master Bedroom (4.63m x 4.93m)
- Picture windows overlooking both front & rear, built in shelving & vanity unit.
The gardens and grounds are an outstanding feature of this property. The rear garden is utterly secluded extending to over 150 ft. in length enjoying a south westerly aspect and mature planning and boarders either side of the lawn. Authentic granite walls provide very a attractive outlook. At the end there is a large treehouse and pedestrian rear access, two Barna sheds and a block-built bike storage shed. To the front there is a heritage railed garden with lawn and gravel.
Address: 51 Mount Merrion Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A96W6K7
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.