- Prestigious residential address
- Aesthetically pleasing family home
- Turn-key walk into condition
- Superb potential to open up and further extend subject to the necessary planning permissions
- Stunning sunny landscaped rear garden measuring in excess of 40m (130ft)
- Dual boiler gas fired central heating system
- Double glazed windows throughout
- Close to excellent transport with regular bus service on the doorstep and the DART close by
- Floor area of approximately 153sq.m (1,645sq.ft)
- Secure off street parking for a number of cars behind tall timber electric gates
Haldene is an excellent family home that doesn’t disappoint. Tall electric gates open into a gravelled driveway with secure off street parking for a number of cars and a garage with double folding doors. A porch entrance to the side steps up into the reception hall with solid oak floor, a guest WC and to the understairs storage cupboard. The dining room and sitting room are both really well-proportioned comfortable reception rooms, whilst the kitchen/breakfast room is very well fitted with high quality appliances and enjoys a pleasant outlook over the stunning rear garden. The house is presented in excellent decorative order throughout and very much represents a turn-key walk-into situation. Upstairs a generous landing opens in to four bedrooms, two doubles and two singles, whilst a hatch with pull down ladder opens into the attic space.
The beauty of this house is that it can be enjoyed as it is, but a major feature of this quality family home is the vast potential that it offers to extend to the side and rear of the property without impacting on the extensive gardens.
The property is extremely well located within walking distance of Sandycove, Glasthule and Dalkey. Dún Laoghaire town centre is only a short stroll down the road with its host of amenities, including The People’s Park and seafront, two shopping centres, a wide range of specialist and local shops, restaurants, pubs, 12 screen IMC cinema at Bloomfields, The Pavilion theatre as well as excellent recreational and leisure activities and the Lexicon library. Glenageary Tennis Club is located around the corner on Silchester Road and the four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast. Cuala GAA/Dalkey Utd Football Club as well as Monkstown Hockey Club are all very close by as are a selection of Fitness Centres and Gyms.
There is a host of excellent primary and secondary schools locally that include The Harold National School, Rathdown Girls School and Castle Park just to mention a few. The property is serviced by excellent transport with a regular selection of bus routes running by the front door with Glenageary’s DART station accessed off Adelaide Road just a 10 minute walk away. A more convenient location is hard to imagine.
Quite simply a more impressive property in such a convenient location will be hard to find.
- Entrance Porch (0.85m x 1.92m)
- with hall door to the side and double folding doors
- Reception Hall (4m x 1.35m)
- with solid oak floor, intercom to front, understairs storage area and digital security alarm unit, fuse board and television point
- Guest W.C.
- with w.c., wash hand basin, extractor and recessed lighting
- Dining Room (4.59m x 4.1m)
- with solid oak floor and elevated automatic gas fire with pebbles set in
- Living Room (4.1m x 5.15m)
- with solid oak floor, very attractive marble fireplace with arched inset, open fire, slate hearth, twin windows overlooking the front and recessed lighting and television point
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (3.3m x 5.75m)
- with solid oak floor, white modern kitchen comprising high gloss press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, polished granite worktop with wash hand basin set in, large picture window overlooking the rear, Smeg four ring electric hob with a Smeg stainless steel oven under and Smeg stainless steel chimney effect extractor over with recessed lighting either side, Smeg integrated dishwasher and space for Samsung American style fridge/freezer, storage presses and double folding doors leading out to the rear
- First Floor
- bright with hatch to attic with pull down ladder
- Bedroom 1 (4.58m x 4.25m)
- with painted cast iron fireplace, recessed lighting and television point
- with bath with shower attachment over, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, part tiled walls, recessed lighting, large fitted mirror, picture window overlooking the rear garden and a chrome heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2 (1.94m x 3.29m)
- laid out as an office with window overlooking rear
- Bedroom 3 (2.48m x 4.76m)
- with painted cast iron fireplace and picture window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 4 (3.65m x 4.15m)
- with painted cast iron fireplace
To the front electric gates open to gravelled off street parking for a number of cars. A pedestrian gate between the house and the garage leads through to the really stunning extensive landscaped rear garden that is very private and not overlooked and attractively planted with a selection of plants, trees and lawn. It measures in excess of 40m (130ft) in length. There is a utility outhouse/store plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer. Outside WC. GARAGE: 2.8m x 4.85m (9’2” x 15’9”) with double folding timber doors
BER No. 107735862
Energy Performance Indicator: 292.52 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.