- Impressive Edwardian period home with rear vehicular access.
- Off street parking to the rear and resident disc permits available.
- Magnificent setting overlooking the grounds of Stratford Tennis Club and Kenilworth Bowling Club.
- Convenient near city location and only a short walking distance to Rathmines Village.
- Surrounded by excellent schools and leisure amenities.
- Superb selection of transport facilities within close proximity.
- Gas fired central heating and well insulated throughout.
- Many attractive period features of the era intact.
- Manicured south facing rear garden of approximately 16m (52ft).
- Fitted carpets, curtains (except in Drawing Room & Master Bedroom), blinds, kitchen and utility appliances included in the sale.
- Overall floor area of approximately 186 sq.m. (2,002 sq.ft.).
An inviting large entrance hall leads to two generously proportioned light-filled interconnecting reception rooms (drawing & dining room), with an inner hall, downstairs w.c. / cloakroom connecting through to the kitchen area. Undoubtedly, one of the most elegant features of this property is the breakfast /family room approached from the kitchen enjoying a wonderful outlook over the manicured south facing rear garden. A utility room accessed from the kitchen leads out to the secluded inner courtyard.
The first floor return hosts the first of the four bedrooms with a tasteful family bathroom, the first-floor incorporates two large double bedrooms all displaying architectural period features of the era with the remainder of the accommodation to include the fourth bedroom and shower room at the second floor return.
One of the most outstanding features is the south facing rear garden which contains an Indian sandstone suntrap slabbed patio area amidst a selection of flower beds and shrubbery. It also benefits from a garden shed together with pedestrian and vehicular access to Grosvenor Lane in turn providing off street car parking.
Grosvenor Square is a prime location, just 2 km away from the city centre. It is just minutes away from an array of shops, restaurants, cafes and gourmet food stores in Rathmines and Rathgar Villages. The recently opened Stella cinema is a wonderful attraction not to mention Elephant and Castle, Fallon and Byrne both located in the refurbished Swan Centre with the Omniplex cinema. Furthermore, no. 81 is equipped with superb public transport to include numerous prime bus routes and the Cowper and Beechwood Luas stops situated slightly further afield. Moreover, there are a range of outstanding schools within the area that include including Alexandra College, St. Mary's College Rathmines, The High School, Kildare Place, Scoil Bhríde, Scoil Mologa, and Stratford College.
There are a host of excellent recreational and leisure facilities in the surrounding area including Stratford Tennis Club, Kenilworth Bowling Club, Leinster Cricket Club, Milltown Golf Club and a selection of Fitness and leisure clubs.
- Entrance Hall: (1.9m x 8.2m)
- with original timber floorboards, alarm panel, ceiling coving and centre rose.
- Inner Hall:
- with door to
- W.C. / Cloakroom:
- with w.c., w.h.b. and tiled floor.
- Drawing Room: (4.3m x 4.7m)
- with original timber floorboards, cast iron open fireplace with slate heart, window shutters, ceiling coving and centre rose. Arch through to the
- Dining Room: (4.4m x 4.7m)
- with original timber floorboards, feature French doors, cast iron open fireplace with slate heart, ceiling coving and centre rose. Step down to an
- Kitchen: (3.9m x 5.8m)
- with range of fitted cupboards and units, double Belfast ceramic sink, hard wood kitchen counter, moveable butchers block island, integrated appliances including Neff fridge, Neff five ring hob with Bosch extractor fan over, Neff double oven, and Neff warming plate.
- Utility Room: (1.4m x 2.2m)
- with gas boiler. Door to Inner Courtyard.
- Breakfast / Family Room: (5.2m x 5.3m)
- with pitched ceiling, three velux windows, tiled floor and ‘Nordan’ double French sliding doors opening to the rear garden.
- FIRST RETURN
- Bedroom 3: (3.0m x 3.3m)
- with cast iron fireplace.
- Bathroom: (1.8m x 3.0m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., free standing ceramic bath, heated towel rail, tiled floor and splashback.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- Bedroom 1: (6.5m x 4.5m)
- with beautiful original timber floor, white marble open fireplace with cast iron insert and slate heart, built-in SKON sliding wardrobes, chest of drawers ceiling coving and centre rose.
- Bedroom 2: (4.6m x 4.0m)
- with cast iron open fireplace, ceiling coving and centre rose
- SECOND RETURN
- Bedroom 4: (3.2m x 3.3m)
- with cast iron fireplace.
- Shower Room: (2.2m x 2.1m)
- with w.c., w.h.b. and pumped power shower.
A railed lawned garden and pedestrian path lead to the hall door with a magnificent manicured south facing rear garden of 16m (52ft) abundant with raised flower and shrubbery beds benefitting from vehicular rear access onto Grosvenor Lane providing off street car parking.
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.