- Prestigious residential address
- Detached trophy home standing on approximately 0.46acre
- Kenny built property originally constructed in the 1930’s
- Electric solid timber gates open into gravelled parking area for numerous cars
- Landscaped south westerly facing rear garden laid out in a circular lawned area bordered with an abundance of flowers, trees and shrubs
- Spacious generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 350 sq.m. (3,767 sq.ft.) over just two levels
- Within a short walk of the LUAS station at Windy Arbour and regular bus routes.
- Outstanding open plan kitchen/dining/family area which opens into the rear garden.
- Fitted carpets, curtains, kitchen appliances and Barna sheds included in the sale.
- Surrounded with excellent schools, recreational and leisure facilities.
- Gas fired central heating system with underfloor heating at ground floor level with multiple zone controls.
- Highly efficient gas fires
- Solar thermal hot water panels
- Lutron control efficient lighting
- Full CCTV coverage of the house
- Home Alarm system
- Gated electric vehicular access with Video intercom
- Centralised vacuum system
- Double glazed Rationel Vindeur windows
Built in the 1930’s, this Kenny built property was cleverly re-designed, extended and refurbished in 2008 to an extremely high standard under the supervision of Niall D Brennan & Associates architects, achieving a highly efficient B2 energy rating. The property was fully insulated externally and all heating and plumbing systems upgraded with the house enjoying a mechanical heat recovery system and solar panels. The external doors and windows have been replaced with Rational Vindeur double glazed with a hand painted timber finish. The immaculately presented and tastefully decorated interior benefits from excellent natural light flooding throughout, ready for the discerning purchaser to literally walk in and hang up their coat.
Approached through a solid timber electric vehicular gate, a large gravelled drive offers parking for up to eight cars with a separate pedestrian gate opening on to Orwell Road. Upon entering one is immediately impressed with the internal accommodation on offer. A spacious entrance porch opens into a wide inviting entrance hall with a large cloak cupboard and guest w/c. There are four reception rooms, one being the magnificent sunroom/family room ideally positioned to the rear enjoying a majestic view over the landscaped gardens, a view which is also enjoyed by the living room, open plan kitchen/breakfast room and utility room.
On the first floor level there are five bedrooms. Four large doubles with three incorporating en-suites. The master bedroom and the second largest bedroom also benefit from having walk-in wardrobes. There is also a separate family bathroom on this level.
One of the most impressive features of this property are the beautiful south west facing manicured and landscaped gardens and grounds of approximately 0.46 acre that enjoying immense privacy and seclusion. The garden is abundant with an array of mature flowers, shrubbery and trees. A large wrap around Indian sandstone slab patio area is accessed from the living room, sunroom/family room and from the kitchen/breakfast room. Two side passages lead from the rear garden to the front of the property.
This is without doubt a highly sought after family orientated location being just 6km to the south of Dublin City Centre, serviced with an excellent selection of local shops, a superb offering of delis and boutique eateries in both Rathgar village and Churchtown not to mention a wide selection of primary and secondary schools that include Rathgar Junior School, Rathgar National School and Zion Parish School, The High School, Stratford College, St Mary’s College, Terenure College and Alexandra College.
There are also a wide range of recreational activities within easy reach namely tennis available in Rathgar Tennis Club and Ashbrook Tennis Club, hockey at Rathgar Hockey Club, Our Lady’s Hockey Club and Old Alex, numerous Rugby clubs including St Mary’s and Terenure College, with golf being catered for in the adjacent Milltown Golf Club and also at The Grange and Castle Golf Clubs within close proximity. Excellent transport links include the local regular bus routes being the 14 and 14C together with the LUAS stop at Windy Arbour.
- Entrance Porch: (2.08m x 3.55m)
- with polished ceramic tiled floor, alarm panel, dado rail and control panel for the lights. Door leads to the
- Entrance Hall: (7.82m x 2.90m)
- with video intercom system, control panel for the lights, partially timber panelled walls, recessed lighting, polished ceramic tiled floor, raised convector timber effect gas fire, ceiling coving and two centre roses.
- Cloakroom: (2.02m x 2.22m)
- with fitted wardrobes, polished tiled ceramic floor and recessed lighting.
- Guest W.C: (1.98m x 1.61m)
- with recessed lighting, WC, WHB, fully tiled walls, partially tiled natural stone walls and heated towel rail.
- Living Room: (7.00m x 3.86m)
- with part timber panelled walls, dado rail, control panel for the heating system, control panel for the lights, recessed lighting, ceiling coving, centre roses, a convector timber effect gas fire with white marble mantel, surround and hearth and double doors to the rear garden.
- Family Room: (5.02m x 7.04m)
- with two double doors to the rear garden, two velux windows, heating control panel, control panel for lights, polished tiled ceramic floor, part timber panelled walls, dado rail, double doors lead to the
- Dining Room: (4.93m x 3.74m)
- with ceiling coving, recessed lighting, centre roses, part timber panelled walls, dado rail, coal affect gas fireplace with marble mantel and surround, control panel for lights. Door then through to the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (6.87m x 7.95m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards and units, worksurfaces, Waterford Appliances five ring gas stove with a turbo air extractor fan over, sink unit, integrated dishwasher, large centre island with excellent storage under, an American fridge/freezer, an AEG Electrolux coffee machine, an AEG Electrolux microwave, ceiling coving, recessed lighting, polished tiled ceramic floor, h control panel for lights, control panel for heating, video intercom system, two double doors to the rear garden and door to the
- Utility Room: (3.80m x 1.42m)
- with fitted cupboards and units, sink unit, with washing machine and dryer, polished tiled ceramic floor and Beam centralised vacuum system storage with self-cleaning filter, CCTV recorder and monitor.
- Study/Office: (2.85m x 3.76m)
- with ceiling coving, recessed lighting, control panel for heating and under stairs storage.
- with part timber panelled walls, dado rail, radiator cover, video intercom system, control panel for the lights, centre rose and a large shelved linen cupboard.
- Master Bedroom: (3.93m x 4.32m)
- with ceiling coving, centre rose, security alarm panel, control panel for lights and a sliding glass door leading to the
- Walk in Wardrobe: (2.53m x 2.02m)
- with a range of fitted wardrobes and recessed lighting..
- En-suite Bathroom: (3.89m x 2.69m)
- with bath, separate step in double shower with monsoon shower head and separate telephone head, wash hand basin, w.c., tiled Natural Stone floor, partially tiled natural stone walls, heated towel rail and recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 2: (4.87m x 3.76m)
- with ceiling coving, centre rose and a range of fitted wardrobes.
- Ensuite Shower Room: (2.79m x 1.35m)
- with step in shower with monsoon shower head, recessed lighting, wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail, tiled ceramic floor, panel for under floor heating and fully tiled walls.
- Bedroom 3: (3.39m x 3.74m)
- with fitted wardrobes, ceiling coving and centre rose.
- Bedroom 4: (3.92m x 4.46m)
- with ceiling coving, centre rose and sliding glass door leading to the
- Walk in Wardrobe: (2.28m x 3.95m)
- with control panel the heating in the en-suite, recessed lighting and a range of fitted wardrobes.
- Ensuite Shower Room: (2.28m x 3.84m)
- with step in double tray shower with monsoon shower head and separate telephone shower head, tiled ceramic floor, recessed lighting, an oval shape wash hand basin with marble countertop, cupboard under, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 5: (2.79m x 3.80m)
- with a range of fitted wardrobes, ceiling coving and centre rose.
- Bathroom: (2.99m x 2.61m)
- with bath with monsoon shower head over, w.c., wash hand basin, recessed lighting, tiled ceramic floor and heated towel rail.
Extensive manicured and landscaped gardens and grounds of approximately 0.46 acre enjoying immense privacy and seclusion incorporating a large south westerly orientated circular lawned rear garden bordered by mature flower and shrubbery beds, wraparound Indian sandstone slab patio area ideal for al fresco dining, Barna shed with electric connection and two side passages to the gravelled drive set behind a solid timber electric gate providing off street car parking for up to eight cars.
BER No. 100911114
Energy Performance Indicator: 106.71 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.