- Victorian period residence.
- On approx. 1.2 acres.
- Possible development potential subject to p.p.
- Excellent condition throughout.
- Landscaped front and rear gardens.
- Superior coastal location.
- Equidistant to Howth village and Howth Summit.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Double glazed PVC windows.
- Security alarm and security cameras surround the house.
- Bangor slate roof.
- Total floor area approx. 300 sq.m (3,229 sq.ft)
The gardens are a real feature with pathways and large lawn areas. There is large half-moon shaped patio terrace behind the house with paved areas leading to a fish pond and water feature. There are large lawn areas and a feature is the sunken stone water feature in the back garden. There is a Japanese style garden at the end of the garden, and there is a greenhouse and potting shed. A large detached garage is an ideal store for cars and directly behind the house is a stone built outhouse with slate roof, ideal for bins and additional storage.
Considering the size of the house and gardens; front and back, there may possibly be development potential to build a number of houses on this large site, subject to p.p.
The house is ideally situated with both Howth Village and Howth Summit within easy walking distance. It is easy to understand why Howth is one of the most sought after addresses in Dublin as it offers a wide variety of amenities in abundance. There are numerous sports clubs; sailing, golf and GAA to mention but a few. There are excellent transport links to the city centre; with a bus stop for the 31 route outside the front gates. The DART station at Howth harbour offers ease of access to all parts of the capital and Dublin Airport is a mere 20 minute drive. There are popular coastal and hill walks. Howth has developed a solid reputation for having some of the best dining establishments in north county Dublin, specialising in the locally caught fish. There is an excellent primary school in the village, numerous churches for every religion, library and a cornucopia of shops and gastronomic pubs. There is an active working fishing industry at the Harbour and a world class Marina.
It is rare that such a large period home with such large gardens is available and viewing by appointment is highly recommended.
- Inner Porch (1.67m x 1.60m)
- Tiled floor. Double hardwood doors leading to reception hall. Coving and centre rose. Feature crescent window fan.
- Reception Hall (6.80m x 1.40m)
- Pitched pine floor. A fine staircase leads to the upper floor. Large window on staircase with views of garden. Recessed lights.
- Dining Room (7.50m x 3.65m)
- Pitched pine floor. Magnificent picture bay window overlooking rear garden and Ireland's Eye and Dublin Bay. French door to patio and rear garden. Fine marble fireplace with slate surround and slate hearth. Coving. Door to:
- Drawing Room (4.50m x 7.50m)
- Picture window overlooking rear garden. Very fine Georgian fireplace with reeded brass grate and slate surround. Bay window to front. Door to dining room. Coving
- Living Room (4.31m x 4.95m)
- Attractive marble firepiece with cast iron inset. Two picture windows overlooking garden to front. Fine ceiling cornice.
- Cloakroom (2.15m x 1.65m)
- Corner wash hand basin with marble surround. Tiled floor.
- Guest W.C (1.56m x 1.00m)
- Tiled floor. Window.
- Store room (2.10m x 1.80m)
- Glazed pine doors with cupboards and shelves.
- Kitchen (4.50m x 3.30m)
- Purpose built by Alan Browne, there are antique pitched pine cupboards and worktops, Miele oven, polished granite worktops, double bowl sink unit. Picture window overlooking garden to front. Attractive exposed pitched pine beams, Miele deep fat fryer and four ring gas hob and Miele dishwasher, fitted Miele fridge. Terecotta tiled floor.
- Breakfast Room (4.80m x 4.70m)
- Four oven oil fired Aga and sink unit with water filter tap. Natural terracotta tiled floor. Fine exposed pitched pine beams, down lighters, bay window and window seat overlooking rear garden. French door to patio and garden. Magnificent view over Irelands Eye and the surrounding area.
- Second entrance lobby (5.50m x 1.20m)
- Quarry tiled floor. Door to boiler room with oil fired burner / store room. Amanda Bentone boiler.
- Cloakroom (1.95m x 1.90m)
- W.c., pedestal wash hand basin and tiled floor.
- Inner hallway (2.30m x 0.90m)
- Tiled floor. Recessed lighting
- Fine Wine Store / Cellar (3.40m x 2.70m)
- with Belfast sink unit. Three arched wine bins, Liscannor floor. Granite work tops. Recessed lighting.
- Utility Room (3.45m x 3.90m)
- Velux window, quarry tiled floor. Extensive worktops with stainless steel sink unit and fitted presses. Vaulted ceiling.
- Attractive staircase brings you to the upper level.
- Landing area (8.60m x 1.00m)
- Attic access.
- Master Bedroom Suite
- Master Bedroom (4.50m x 8.00m)
- Extensive range of breakfront built-in wardrobes and bookshelves and cupboards and drawers, extensive downlighters, fine ceiling cornice, magnificent views over Dublin Bay and Lambay and Irelands eye and Howth, Donabath, Portmarnock and Skerries and Howth Harbour.
- Dressing Room and Ensuite (3.80m x 5.20m)
- Dressing room with corner cupboard, pair of matching wardrobes and door to en suite bathroom with jacuzzi bath, hardwood floor, pair of vanity wash hand basins with marble surrond, w.c. and power shower.
- Bedroom 2 (4.92m x 4.30m)
- Extensive range of oak wardrobes and dressing table. Recessed lighting.
- En Suite Shower Room (2.82m x 1.45m)
- Corner shower, wash hand basin with marble surround and storage underneath. W.C
- Main Bathroom (3.85m x 2.15m)
- Oak surround fittings, parliament bath with telephone shower attachment, bidet, w.c. and vanity wash hand basin. shower. Tiled floor, picture window overlooking Ireland's Eye. Large walk-in hotpress with copper cylinder. Recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 3 Guest Room (4.18m x 3.70m)
- Magnificent views over the garden and Ireland's Eye. Extensive louver door wardrobes and concealed wash hand basin with cupboards. Recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 4 (3.60m x 2.60m)
- Fitted wardrobes and drawers underneath. Fine ceiling cornice.
The grounds extend to approx. 1.2 acres. The driveway leads to parking are to the front of the house with ample room for numerous cars. There is a large garage. The large lawn area to the front of the house was a grass tennis court which could easily be reinstated. Pathways to the rear of the house lead to large lawn areas, patio areas, and water features and fish pond. There is a Japanese style garden to the rear of the boundary. There is a stone built outhouse for bins and additional storage. There is a greenhouse and garden shed. These private gardens have been meticulously maintained and offer great al fresco entertaining areas. They have views of Ireland's eye and the north county coastline.
BER No. 110799046
Energy Performance Indicator: 443.91 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.