- Highly regarded and sought-after prestigious address.
- Within only a short stroll of both Rathgar and Rathmines.
- Fitted carpets and integrated kitchen appliances included in the sale.
- Both bathrooms and ensuite shower room are complete with Villeroy and Boch fittings.
- Fully remodelled and rewired in 2005.
- Gas fired central heating connected and controlled through a phone app – Vantage Controls.
- Water heating system connected and controlled through a phone app – Vantage Controls.
- Underfloor heating and Travertine natural stone tiled floor throughout the garden level.
- Modern bright “Clive Christian Style” kitchen with centre island and Aga.
- Sunny rear garden of approximately 65m (214ft) currently laid out in two sections.
- Outline planning permission granted in 2002, now lapsed, for two 2-storey mews buildings with two car parking spaces, services insitu and ready for development.
- Rear vehicular access onto Garville Lane.
- Paved off street car parking set behind cast iron gates.
- Security CCTV system.
- Recessed speakers for radio and music throughout garden level and outdoor entertainment area connected and controlled by a phone app.
- Overall floor area of approximately 284 sq.m. (3,057 sq.ft.).
- Presented to an incredibly high standard throughout with tastefully decorated interior.
A paved drive set behind cast iron gates offers off-street car parking with granite steps leading to the very fine entrance hall, connecting you to the generously proportioned living space which is in exceptional decorative order throughout, inviting the purchaser to literally walk in and hang their coats. No expense was spared with the restoration of this home incorporating two wonderful interconnecting reception rooms, a stunning modern kitchen opening through to the dining room which in turn opens to the family room with a beautiful feature curved full length window designed and imported from Denmark overlooking the rear garden, a large utility area with excellent storage, ample storage cupboards and a potential wine cellar currently used as a storage area, four bedrooms, one ensuite, a study / fifth bedroom and two bathrooms. An outstanding and particular feature of this property is the sunny landscaped rear garden of approximately 65m (214ft) which includes a large outdoor entertainment section with extensive barbeque patio area and raised gas fireplace. The garden itself is currently divided in two sections with the first being landscaped, laid out mainly in lawn bordered by a granite path and kerb with mature raised flower and shrubbery beds together with a sunken trampoline/play area. A pedestrian gate connects through to the second section of the garden which was granted approval for outline planning permission in September 2002 for two 2-storey mews buildings with two car parking spaces, now lapsed, however there is an obvious opportunity to re-submit for planning in the future, if so desired.
A largely residential area that has proven very popular with a wide selection of buyer, Rathgar is approximately 3.5km from Dublin City Centre, serviced with an excellent selection of local shops to include a superb offering of delis and boutique eateries. For school going children a choice of junior schools include Rathgar Junior School, Rathgar National School and Zion Parish School, for senior, The High School, Stratford College, St Mary’s College, Terenure College and Alexandra College are all available locally. Local parks nearby include Palmerston Park, Bushy Park and the Dodder Linear Park all excellent options for walks or running. Tennis is available in Rathgar Tennis Club and Ashbrook Tennis Club. Hockey at both Rathgar Hockey Club, Our Lady’s Hockey Club and Old Alex. Rugby clubs include St Mary’s and Terenure College. Golf is catered for in the surrounding clubs of Milltown Golf Club, The Grange and Castle Golf Club. For commuters the local bus routes include some of the most frequent in the city to include 14, 14C, 15, 15A, 15B, 65, 65B and 140. Two local Luas stops at Milltown and Beechwood service the area and are approximately 15 mins walk from the village.
- HALL LEVEL
- Entrance Porch:
- with original tiled floor. Door to the
- Entrance Hall: (3.59m x 1.79m)
- with ceiling coving and centre rose.
- Drawing Room: (4.65m x 4.70m)
- with centre rose, ceiling coving, picture rail, antique radiator and ornate white marble mantel and surround fireplace with coal effect gas fire, horse-shoe cast iron inset and slate hearth. Double folding doors open to the
- Study: (4.42m x 4.84m)
- with open fireplace with cast iron mantel and surround, centre rose, ceiling coving, picture rail, antique radiator and overlooks the rear.
- HALL RETURN LEVEL
- Inner Hall: (2.15m x 5.18m)
- with ceiling coving.
- Bedroom 4: (3.16m x 6.43m)
- [measurement includes the Ensuite Shower Room] with fitted wardrobes. Door to
- with Villeroy and Boch fittings including a w.c., w.h.b., step-in shower with built in seat, heated towel rail, fully mosaic tiled wall and tiled ceramic floor.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- Master Bedroom: (4.43m x 4.93m)
- with ceiling coving, open fireplace with cast iron mantel and surround with horse-shoe inset.
- Bedroom 2: (4.57m x 4.51m)
- with ceiling coving and open fireplace with timber mantel and surround.
- Bedroom 3: (2.20m x 3.20m)
- with ceiling coving.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Bathroom: (3.06m x 3.45m)
- with Villeroy and Boch bathroom suite including a standalone claw footed bath with telephone shower attachment, w.c. and wash hand basin, fully tiled floor, open fireplace with cast iron mantel and surround and slate hearth, recessed lighting.
- GARDEN FLOOR LEVEL:
- with front access.
- Entrance Hall: (3.91m x 1.73m)
- with Travertine natural stone tiled floor, recessed lighting and potential wine cellar, currently used as a storage cupboard, with recessed floor lighting and a glass door installed awaiting future work to convert. Door to
- Storage Cupboard: (2.40m x 1.09m)
- fully shelved with Travertine natural stone tiled floor, recessed lighting and alarm panel.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (5.50m x 4.30m)
- fully fitted with a modern “Clive Christian Style” kitchen, Travertine natural stone tiled floor, Villeroy and Boch double Belfast sink unit, solid polished butcher block timber worksurfaces, tiled splashbacks, gas Aga with four ring hob, integrated Whirlpool dishwasher, integrated Liebherr fridge, secondary sink unit in the island, window shutters, recessed lighting, ceiling coving and plate rack. Sliding double doors lead to the
- Dining Room: (4.42m x 4.52m)
- with open fireplace with white marble mantel and surround and slate hearth, ceiling coving, Travertine natural stone tiled floor and surround sound speakers. Opens through to the
- Living Room: (5.00m x 5.65m)
- with Travertine natural stone tiled floor, log effect gas fire with natural stone mantel, surround and inset, ceiling coving, skylight, feature curved floor to ceiling window designed and imported from Denmark and two double side doors lead to the rear garden. Door to an
- Enclosed Inner Courtyard: (6.80m x 1.10m)
- offering use as an excellent storage area.
- Utility Room: (2.20m x 3.90m)
- with Travertine natural stone floor, fitted shelving, centre rose, sink unit, plumbed for washing machine and provision for a fridge freezer.
- Inner Hall:
- leads to
- Bedroom 5 / Play Room: (3.10m x 2.80m)
- with fitted shelving, presses and cupboards.
- Bathroom: (1.93m x 3.12m)
- with Villeroy and Boch bathroom suite including w.c., wash hand basin and bath with telephone shower head and fully tiled ceramic floor.
Paved off-street car parking is on offer set behind cast iron gates to the front with the rear garden enjoying sun throughout the day, currently divided into two sections (approximately 127ft (39m) & 87ft (27m) consecutively), first area being manicured with large patio/entertainment area incorporating a barbeque and raised fireplace, garden lighting operated by Vantage Controls and play area, with the second area having been granted outline planning permission in 2002 for two 2-storey mews buildings with two car parking spaces, services insitu and ready for development.
BER No. 112464813
Energy Performance Indicator: 281.79 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.