- Mature tranquil gardens of approx. 0.3 acres.
- Light, bright, spacious accommodation benefitting from many original features.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Superb location.
- Period villa style house.
- Approximately 260 sqm (2,800 sqft).
- Excellent ceiling height.
- Ample off-street parking together with 4 garages.
- Excellent potential to extend.
1 Frankfort Avenue last changed ownership in 1995, and comes to the market over 20 years later again retaining many of the original period features. The property comprises spacious accommodation measuring approximately 260 sq.m (2,800 sq.ft) including generously proportioned reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room as well as 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms. Outside, there is ample off street parking as well as generous manicured gardens spread over a third of an acre. There is also plenty of potential with outhouses in the grounds, which could be converted to living accommodation subject to the relevant planning permission.
This is an exceptionally rare opportunity to acquire a superbly located family home on stunning grounds close to Rathgar and Rathmines Villages and a short walk to Terenure Village. The property is also within a short commute to the city centre which is approximately 2.5km away. There is an excellent selection of amenities in the area including Palmerston Park, Bushy Park and the LUAS at Cowper is within a short walk, as are a good selection of tennis, rugby and fitness clubs. The area is well-serviced by a number of well-renowned schools including: St. Mary’s, Rathmines; The High School, Rathgar; Alexandra College, Milltown; Kildare Place School, Rathmines; Rathgar Junior School and several crèches and Montessori schools.
This is a very special family home and viewing comes highly recommended.
- Reception Hall (2.02m x 10.30m)
- with attractive ceiling cornice, centre rose and door leading to
- Drawing Room (4.27m x 5.30m)
- with magnificent marble fireplace, tiled hearth, gas coal effect fire, intricate detailed cornice work with centre rose, three sliding sash windows overlooking front garden and folding panelled doors leading to
- Dining Room (3.56m x 5.13m)
- with decorative cornice work, centre rose and picture windows overlooking front.
- Library (4.36m x 5.03m)
- with ceiling cornice, centre rose and sash picture windows overlooking front garden.
- Bedroom 1 (4.30m x 4.39m)
- with range of built-in wardrobes, whb, attractive fireplace with tiled inset, tiled hearth, gas coal effect fire and magnificent picture window overlooking rear garden.
- Bedroom 2 (4.27m x 4.33m)
- with ceiling cornice, attractive fireplace and picture window overlooking rear garden.
- comprising bidet, wc, cast iron claw feet bath with telephone shower, whb and part-stained glass picture window overlooking rear garden together with tiled flooring.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- Bedroom 3 (4.18m x 4.13m)
- with timber fireplace with cast iron inset, open fire, ceiling cornice, centre rose and sliding sash window overlooking rear garden.
- Bedroom 4 (4.33m x 4.25m)
- with timber fireplace, cast iron inset open fire, ceiling coving, centre rose and window overlooking rear.
- comrpising pedestal whb, wc, bath with telephone shower over, tiled floor and part tiled walls.
- Living Room (4.33m x 4.96m)
- with windows overlooking front and door to side, magnificent marble fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, gas coal effect fire and tiled hearth, ceiling coving and decorative centre rose.
- Kitchen (4.73m x 4.30m)
- very fine country-style fitted with a range of overhead press and drawer units, plumbed for dishwasher, sink unit, feature stove with attractive exposed brick surround, Rangemaster stove with four ring gas hob and double oven with extractor over and tiled floor.
- with built-in shelving, door to rear garden and door leading to
- Utility Room (3.04m x 3.21m)
- fitted with a range of overhead press and drawer units, double drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine and dryer and picture window overlooking front.
BER No. 110193943
Energy Performance Indicator: 355.11 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.