- Recently refurbished and upgraded accommodation of approximately 188 sqm (2,023 sqft).
- Striking Victorian residence.
- Re-wired, re-plumbed and fully refurbished in 2014.
- Double glazed sash windows throughout.
- Many period features including magnificent fireplaces, ceiling cornicing and centre roses.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Pressurised water system.
- Secluded rear garden with pedestrian access onto Maxwell Lane.
- Superb location close to Rathgar, Rathmines and Terenure Villages.
Upstairs there are three double bedrooms with the master being en suite and on the first floor return level, a large family bathroom with a pitched ceiling and stand-alone four claw Victorian style bath.
Outside to the front there is a beautifully landscaped garden designed by Paul Doyle surrounded by cast iron railings. To the rear there is a landscaped lawned garden, measuring 22m (72ft) in length, with paved patio area. At the end of the garden there is also a second patio/barbeque area, a garden shed and pedestrian rear access onto Maxwell Lane. This access to Maxwell Lane also provides a buyer with the option of rear vehicular access.
This very fine and exceptionally well-presented family home is superbly located close to Rathgar and Rathmines Villages and a short walk to Terenure Village. Within a short commute to the city centre which is approximately 2.8km (1.75miles) away. There is an excellent selection of amenities in the area including Palmerston Park, Bushy Park and the LUAS at Cowper is within a short walk, as are a good selection of tennis, rugby and fitness clubs. The area is exceptionally well-serviced by a number of well-renowned schools including: St. Mary’s, Rathmines; The High School, Rathgar; Alexandra College, Milltown; Kildare Place School, Rathmines; Rathgar Junior School and several crèches and Montessori schools.
This is a very special family home which has been refurbished to the highest quality finish and viewing comes highly recommended.
- HALL LEVEL
- Entrance Hall: (1.65m x 4.15m)
- with beautiful cornice work, centre rose, parquet flooring and fan light over the front door.
- Drawing Room: (4.55m x 4.00m)
- with polished original timber floor, coal effect gas fire with white marble mantel and surround, cast iron inset and tiled hearth, picture rail, ceiling coving, centre rose, window shutters and original cast iron radiator. Arch through to
- Dining Room: (4.40m x 4.20m)
- with polished original timber floorboards, open fireplace with timber mantel and surround, cast iron and tiled inset, tiled hearth, window overlooking the inner courtyard, picture rail, ceiling coving, centre rose, window shutters and original cast iron radiator.
- Inner Hall: (1.80m x 5.50m)
- Victorian style tiled floor, double doors out to the inner courtyard, cloak cupboard, hotpress and door to the
- Utility Room: (2.25m x 1.75m)
- plumbed for a washing machine and dryer, eye level cupboards, a sink unit and tiled ceramic floor.
- Inner Courtyard: (3.05m x 4.15m)
- gravelled with outdoor tap, electric socket and water feature.
- LOWER LEVEL:
- with tiled floor.
- Guest W.C.
- Storage Cupboards:
- one houses the water tank and water pump.
- Kitchen / Living / Breakfast Room: (5.65m x 7.85m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards, units, work surfaces, double bowl Belfast sink, Belling Range with electric oven and seven ring gas hob, extractor fan over, integrated Whirlpool fridge, integrated Whirlpool dishwasher, large atrium allowing excellent light throughout, recessed lighting and double doors leading through to the rear garden.
- HALL RETURN LEVEL
- Bedroom 2: (3.00m x 4.20m)
- with original polished timber floor, recessed lighting and fitted wardrobes.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- Master Bedroom: (6.30m x 3.95m)
- with dual windows overlooking the front, cast iron fireplace with cast iron inset, fitted wardrobes, ceiling coving, picture rail and centre rose.
- Ensuite Shower Room:
- with w.c., w.h.b. with cupboards under, step-in power shower, recessed lighting, heated towel rail, Velux window and tile ceramic floor.
- Bedroom 3: (4.35m x 4.20m)
- with fitted wardrobes, centre rose, ceiling coving and window shutters.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN LEVEL
- Bathroom: (3.05m x 4.15m)
- with w.c., bidet, his and hers w.h.b. with marble surfaces, four claw Victorian style bath, separate step-in double shower with Grohe shower, marble mosaic tiles, marble tiled floor, recessed lighting and Velux window.
The front is approached via a pedestrian path with landscaped garden, by Paul Doyle, surrounding by cast iron railings. The rear garden is laid out mainly in lawn measuring approximately 22m (72ft) in length with a paved patio area, outside tap, at the end of the garden there is a secondary patio/barbeque area, a garden shed and pedestrian rear access onto Maxwell Lane.
BER No. 104855366
Energy Performance Indicator: 204.35 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.